And more piling on.....

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I don't understand how a HC can survive presiding over the worst offense in NFL history. 

You mean the same HC that gave this franchise it's first playoff birth in nearly two decades just last year???

And yes, they needed help, but when it's every other team in the NFL who makes it into the playoffs - via Wildcard - they're not torn down the same way this fan base does it with the Bills. Fact is, they still needed to win games to put themselves in a position to be in the playoffs, external help be damned. 

And for those who presume a rebuild occurs in two years is either 1. 10 years old 2. older, but similar maturity.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

You mean the same HC that gave this franchise it's first playoff birth in nearly two decades just last year???

And yes, they needed help, but when it's every other team in the NFL who makes it into the playoffs - via Wildcard - they're not torn down the same way this fan base does it with the Bills. Fact is, they still needed to win games to put themselves in a position to be in the playoffs, external help be damned. 

And for those who presume a rebuild occurs in two years is either 1. 10 years old 2. older, but similar maturity.

I couldn't care less about making the playoffs. I care about having a GM, Coach and players who can win a Super Bowl, and right now there's nothing that suggests we have any of those things.

Our coach loves to punt on 4th and short in opposition territory. He does it pretty much every opportunity he gets.

That's all you need to know about Sean McDermott's philosophy to coaching. That's not something any of Bill Belicick, Andy Reid, Sean McVay or Sean Payton do. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep, and when the Bills are doing better next year and beyond ESPN and the other sports media will be on to whatever train wreck is going at that given moment.  You're making this way too hard on yourself.  Honestly, if it bothers people this much go find something else to do between now and the end of the season which is not that far away anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

17 years without the playoffs and now he thinks making the playoffs is below him.  Nice.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Yep, and when the Bills are doing better next year and beyond ESPN and the other sports media will be on to whatever train wreck is going at that given moment.  You're making this way too hard on yourself.  Honestly, if it bothers people this much go find something else to do between now and the end of the season which is not that far away anymore.  

Conversely, if you're a season ticket holder.  You've got half the season left!

Meh, I'm done watching until Allen retakes the field. People and media abroad can say whatever they want. Most of it is right. With Allen on the field this team and the energy around it was completely different. 

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Fire everyone and bring in a crew who will blow up the roster again! That will fix everything!

Thats the problem with this regime. They didnt need to blow it up. Beane has made the team far worse. Some of the decisions I hated at the time - Watkins, Dareus, Murphy, Bodine, Ivory, not cutting guys and losing a 3rd comp pick. Some I thought were good - Star, KB, Davis, AJ signing, Pryor. 

On the whole Beane has missed on 9 of 10 personnel decisions. He cant be trusted with the next off-season. The ten draft picks are an illusion. Only 3 are on the first two days. He wont be let go but he doesn’t deserve to stay.

• Like (+1) 2

So Peterman with 31 completions but only 189 yards = 6 yards a completion.  That could work better but 1 penalty or sack and it kills the drive.  Defenses only have to cover about 10 yards of space and maybe use 1 safety somewhat deep.  Bills receivers are too slow and don't get open downfield, and Peterman has trouble throwing outs on the sidelines.  
Until this offense can stretch the field somewhat, their going to continue to struggle. You have to play mistake free football to continue long drives and score all game long.  

2 minutes ago, stony said:

Conversely, if you're a season ticket holder.  You've got half the season left!

If you are a season ticket holder of any NFL team and never expect poor seasons or in the case of the Bills many poor seasons then you are detached from reality.  If you like sure bets then put it on falling leaves which happens every autumn or the sun rising in the East which happens every morning.  If you feel the need to be always right about something or get a lift from being smug or arrogant then a professional sports team is not the right place to invest your energy.

37 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Love your exclamations dollars 2 donuts--crikey they are solid! Keep 'em coming! 

NHK, it is crazy when you think about it.

I mean...let's wrap our heads around "worst offense in NFL history"...no-no, don't go looking anything up, it is the worst.  congrats.

How do you become, not bad, not terrible, but the worst that has ever existed?!

:P

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I couldn't care less about making the playoffs. I care about having a GM, Coach and players who can win a Super Bowl, and right now there's nothing that suggests we have any of those things.

Our coach loves to punt on 4th and short in opposition territory. He does it pretty much every opportunity he gets.

That's all you need to know about Sean McDermott's philosophy to coaching. That's not something any of Bill Belicick, Andy Reid, Sean McVay or Sean Payton do. 

That's completely false.

No one wants to have a discussion with someone who makes things up. You should take a different approach to the argument.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

So i guess we have to pay a tax for that fake playoff team we had.  Does anybody actually look at the 2017 Bills and think wow what a football team? The reality is Mcd has been outscored for 2 yrs now . He found a way to turn us into basically a expansion team.

• Like (+1) 1

This year is lost, but I am concerned that the offense will not get fixed quickly or easily, particularly since the Bills likely will be patient with Allen's development, recognizing that he is raw, will need time to develop and represents a significant investment by this front office.

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

This year is lost, but I am concerned that the offense will not get fixed quickly or easily, particularly since the Bills likely will be patient with Allen's development, recognizing that he is raw, will need time to develop and represents a significant investment by this front office.

New FA C, first and third round picks on the OL, Pryor, Zay, another FA WR, and a second round TE. Fixed in one year.

And maybe a new OC.

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The playoffs are just an indication of the step the team took toward changing expectations on the team and in the fan base. As for the coaches you mention, everyone of them have established QBs and Offenses with multiple options. If you're going to compare the Belichicks, Reids, and Paytons, you need to compare them in their early years, the teams they took over and how they built the winning culture. As for McVay, he had a team literally loaded with talent on Defense, and the franchise QB in place - and proceeded to make all kinds of trades to get Offensive play-makers because they had all the other pieces. The Bills are RE-BUILDING...how is that so hard to understand? 

BB went 36-44 from 1991-1995 and went 5-11 in his final season as the Browns' HC. Take a look at how Reid did in Philly and that he didn't start McNabb for 9 games and went 5-11 in his first season. Payton went 3-13 in his first season as HC with Saints and then signed Drew Brees and the rest is history. It's almost like, you need a franchise QB and for him to develop to be considered a good HC....hmmmm? Wonder how that works...

Point is, if Allen craps the bed, and we won't really know until the end of next season, AND Beane doesn't get Offensive line, WRs, and another TE that can be versatile in running and passing game, then it's all over. But IF, and it's a huge IF, Beane addresses the Offense with good players and Allen progresses as the QB of the future we're all hoping him to become, all of these discussions are moot. Hence, it's way too early to be determining that McD and / or Beane are any good or their terrible....only next year will really tell the tale. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't understand how a HC can survive presiding over the worst offense in NFL history. 

I've been agreeing with you more and more lately. Strange times indeed.

At a minimum, how the hell can the OC? Even if he's a "scapegoat" (he isn"t) the OC needs to go in this situation, every time.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

So i guess we have to pay a tax for that fake playoff team we had.  Does anybody actually look at the 2017 Bills and think wow what a football team? The reality is Mcd has been outscored for 2 yrs now . He found a way to turn us into basically a expansion team.

Pay a tax? Huh? Everyone complains about how all they want is to be relevant and make the playoffs, McD and staff do that IN THEIR FIRST YEAR, and now we're demanding perfection? Did anyone miss how terribly mired in mediocrity this team was for years? How many campaigned for "Suck for Luck" and now the Bills are actually doing the rebuild and fans don't want to anymore and want to fire the architect and contractor before the frame has even been finished on the house? Man, I've said it before: some of the best fans in the world are Buffalo Bills fans, but some of the WORST fans in the world are Buffalo Bills fans....

No patience, no vision, no ability to remain positive toward the future and yet miserably complain every time the team tries to do something right...yikes. We're not the laughing stock because of record or Offensive woes or stupid table breaking b.s.....fans become the laughing stock because they refuse to accept the pain of getting better for the future AFTER they've asked for it for going on 10 years. Woof....

Just now, Nelius said:

I've been agreeing with you more and more lately. Strange times indeed.

At a minimum, how the hell can the OC? Even if he's a "scapegoat" (he isn"t) the OC needs to go in this situation, every time.

The question then becomes who hires the OC? I'm fairly certain it's McDermott, so do we really want to let him hire a 3rd OC in 3 years?

Probably not. 

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

We're not the laughing stock because of record or Offensive woes or stupid table breaking b.s.....fans become the laughing stock because they refuse to accept the pain of getting better for the future AFTER they've asked for it for going on 10 years. Woof....

No, we're the laughing stock because we have the worst offense in NFL history adjusting for era. 

The team, and our inability to score points is why we're the laughing stock of the league right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I’m not normally a “no one wants to come to Buffalo” kind of guy. At all.

But honest to God - how could you possibly expect the Pegulas to convince any promising football coach with any other options at all to come here after firing their second HC they hired in four years just one season after snapping an 18 year playoff drought? Not to mention everything else - horrible roster, non-football factors, etc.

Seriously.

37 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

They went 9-7 last year ... somehow.   Don't make it a huge head coaching accomplishment.  Look back, several times the Bills were 9-7 during the drought.  He largely inherited that team.  This is a team that he helped create. Way too early to tar a feather him, but please stop with the making the playoffs at 9-7 is a great accomplishment talk.

• Like (+1) 3