Derek Anderson Hasn't Been Declared Out for the Bears Game - Now Declared Out!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, you can tell him, “don’t throw picks!!” Based on his career though if he throws 32 times he will be picked off 4. You can’t cater something for a guy that doesn’t have ability.

I dunno, I think u can. Have we ever seen Peterman throw a dump off to a running back? Or how about quick slants like the one in the Chargers game last year where Benjamin got hurt. These are typically pretty safe throws. U could run alot of 2 back sets. Give him a fail safe. Just saying, they can do things to protect him from himself 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Yes. A guy coming off a concussion with no practice, who has 6 Turnovers and no Touchdowns in 2 games, both against two of the worst defenses in the NFL, gives me a ton of confidence. 

They were blown out 37-5 and 25-6 under Anderson. 

Gives me a ton of confidence also. But at least he would be a better option than Peterman. 

Might as well forfeit and avoid injuries if Nate plays. 

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I dunno, I think u can. Have we ever seen Peterman throw a dump off to a running back? Or how about quick slants like the one in the Chargers game last year where Benjamin got hurt. These are typically pretty safe throws. U could run alot of 2 back sets. Give him a fail safe. Just saying, they can do things to protect him from himself 

Teams defend that stuff. They show him the outs knowing that he can’t make them. They take the things he can do away. That’s why he’s a failure. The holes in his game can’t be schemed around. As as an example you can scheme to get Tolbert in space but it doesn’t matter. The defense is asking you to do that. They aren’t going to give Nate the throws that he can make. That’s why he has been consistently bad. He’s not capable of operating the entire playbook and NFL talent is too good for that.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

It honestly does not matter at all. Peterman is trash, Anderson is trash. It matters little. At least Peterman has a TD pass to go with all those turnovers. Anderson just has the turnovers. They are both probably the worst two QB’s currently on any NFL roster. If Peterman gives you a 1% chance of winning Anderson probably gives you a 1.05% chance. He doesn’t move the needle much. 

If I had to, I would take Anderson over Peterman but I would rather see a wildcat with a combination of Pryor and Thomas throwing.  Any other year, that would sound like a terrible idea that would only have a place in someone's madden game.  

This year,  you are talking about an offense that has scored 0 touchdowns in the past two games against two defenses that aren't anywhere near the best in the league.  There is virtually nothing to lose by doing this until Allen comes back and it would at least be a little more entertaining. 

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

Two things here

1) The protocol dictates certain stages are met correct? So getting on the practice field with no contact  one stage..practice field full go, next stage..full baseline testing and cleared by neuroligist..another stage. If DA has not done the first two..can he  be cleared?

2) I am as confident in this game as any  since the first Jet game last year that the Bills win ... if Nate starts

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not a single practice all week and they'd start him Sunday? That seems crazy. I know Peterman isn't good, but you can cater the game plan to set him up to succeed (ie do not throw to the sidelines) 

Just have Peterman pump fake to sidelines and watch those DB's bite.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Teams defend that stuff. They show him the outs knowing that he can’t make them. They take the things he can do away. That’s why he’s a failure. The holes in his game can’t be schemed around. As as an example you can scheme to get Tolbert in space but it doesn’t matter. The defense is asking you to do that. They aren’t going to give Nate the throws that he can make. That’s why he has been consistently bad. He’s not capable of operating the entire playbook and NFL talent is too good for that.

If they're putting people in the middle to take away slants then there should be 1-on-1 looks outside. Peterman for all his faults is not afraid to throw jump balls. Throw those routes to Benjamin and Pryor all day

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure Peterman will start given that Anderson got zero practice time. They are probably just holding out hope that Anderson can be in uniform as the backup and they don't have to have Barkley.

Can you imagine if the QBs are Peterman backed up by Barkley? ?

as bad as nate is, old legs anderson is not that much better at all and both will/would lose the game anyway.

at this point I don't care who plays until allen recovers. I'm just hoping allen can get at least 3 more games out of the final 8 to gain some more on field experience.

no, not stating my opinion as fact, they both are that bad. everyone knows about nates short comings but to defend old legs in any shape or form is wasting your time. the guy was never good and a poor choice as a mentor although it's pretty obvious with short notice they had little choice but to bring him in, unfortunately.

shame, real shame to have to suffer through a season of incompetence on the offensive side of the ball. maybe they should have gone the other way around and built the offense before the defense but who knows?

it's a mess any way you spin it

31 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

If they're putting people in the middle to take away slants then there should be 1-on-1 looks outside. Peterman for all his faults is not afraid to throw jump balls. Throw those routes to Benjamin and Pryor all day

Agree with this

He also needs to hit a few fades to keep the safeties away from the LOS. That throw he made to Benjamin (might have even been in the preseason) was the best throw that he has made in a Bills uniform. We don’t really have anyone that can get down the field but if we had a guy that could beat the press and Nate could hit him over the top it would open things up. 

I don’t know why fans are not appreciating how much the other players seem to respect and like Anderson. Usually that happens when a guy is doing something right. Listen to how Dawkins sounds after that Pats game. Anderson is not the reason we are not scoring. Daboll is. This offense is terrible. Daboll is the only OC that cant even figure out how to get Shady going. The offense itself is the issue. Not Anderson. The guy threw for 290 yds Monday with the same WRs Allen had. We were throwing for  80 yds a game with Allen and 20 with Peterman. These players want Anderson to play. The playcalling and play design is miles behind even the next worst offense. Daboll should have been replaced after the Packers game. If Anderson can go, we will be much better off but until we figure out how to run a modern day offense, we still probably won’t score much.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know why fans are not appreciating how much the other players seem to respect and like Anderson. Usually that happens when a guy is doing something right. Listen to how Dawkins sounds after that Pats game. Anderson is not the reason we are not scoring. Daboll is. This offense is terrible. Daboll is the only OC that cant even figure out how to get Shady going. The offense itself is the issue. Not Anderson. The guy threw for 290 yds Monday with the same WRs Allen had. We were throwing for  80 yds a game with Allen and 20 with Peterman. These players want Anderson to play. The playcalling and play design is miles behind even the next worst offense. Daboll should have been replaced after the Packers game. If Anderson can go, we will be much better off but until we figure out how to run a modern day offense, we still probably won’t score much.

That is primarily on the OL that cannot block effectively with any consistency to have a sustained running attack that the Bills need to rely on as the staple of the offense. 

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That is primarily on the OL that cannot block effectively with any consistency to have a sustained running attack that the Bills need to rely on as the staple of the offense. 

Ivory is figuring it out. I think it’s the scheme not fitting the skill sets of the important players in the offense 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I have no interest in seeing Anderson vs the Bears. I don't think he should be playing, healthy or not - and I don't think he will play Sunday. His role should be like JMc in NY, mentoring the rook. He can't do that if he's playing. 

enough with the mentoring crap. Give Allen a few more lineman, 4 or 5 WR... that will help more than a 'mentor'.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

What other option do we have? 

Playing Nate guarantees a lose. 

Derek is really our only real option atm. 

8 qtrs. 4 picks (one a game sealing pick 6)...2 fumbles...3 pts worth of offense(6 if you want to count the last fg)...is in concussion pro....not in game shape and probably thinking of a thousand things he'd rather be doing....yep he's our only hope?

15 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

Playing Nate is surrendering, which is the same as conceding. 

At least Derrick gives us a slight possibility of a win.  

what, over the last 2 games gives you that idea....

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Peterson?

What, did the Bills sign another QB in the past fifteen minutes?  Would we be surprised if they did?

it's even worse hearing some idiot caller on wgr who keeps saying peterson should never play an nfl snap again....and after being corrected, keeps saying peterson.

can't fix stupid....

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agree with this

He also needs to hit a few fades to keep the safeties away from the LOS. That throw he made to Benjamin (might have even been in the preseason) was the best throw that he has made in a Bills uniform. We don’t really have anyone that can get down the field but if we had a guy that could beat the press and Nate could hit him over the top it would open things up. 

i'm hoping pryor makes a splash in this game. if we run two back sets, that gives a ton of options to counter a rush and combined with 3 receiver sets, (kb, zay and pryor),

i think all of a sudden we're gonna see some separation. i expect zay and pryor to be able to peel off into some open spots. i think pryor will steal enough attention to loosen up the coverage. i think it's gonna turn out to be a good signing. i like what i hear from him so far.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott must think that it does.

If McD thought it mattered, Peterman would be long gone, and he would have kept McCarron, or at a minimum signed Anderson immediately after McCarron was traded.  

Just now, Azucho98 said:

If McD thought it mattered, Peterman would be long gone, and he would have kept McCarron, or at a minimum signed Anderson immediately after McCarron was traded.  

I don't get that at all so I offer no defense for Beane or McDermott. 

16 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

What other option do we have? 

Playing Nate guarantees a lose. 

Derek is really our only real option atm. 

Come on man!

Every quarterback on this roster, including Allen, is likely to result in a loss.

It's just a question of the probabilities.

Nate's might be higher than the others, but they're all high.

• Like (+1) 1