Kevin1778

Will Peterman play well Sunday?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Peterman Poll

• Supporter
    • Not a Big Fan
    • Just Get Rid of Him Already

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

To be honest, I think the kid has gotten a super raw deal.  He may very well be the worst QB ever, but the odds of that are crazy low. He does make a number of really good throws.  I tend to think his career thus far is more of a statistical anomaly than a certainty.  I mean, he did win the job in the preseason.  That really happened.  

I think after listening to the nationwide abuse this week..... he's going to put up a good game this week!

16 minutes ago, The Drought said:

Is everyone ready to become a Matt Barkley supporter if Peterman gets hurt or pulled?

..the question about supporting the individual, be it Barkley or Anderson remains immaterial......the crux of the problem is the personnel decision makers putting us in the predicament of "Desperation Junction".......UNDERESTIMATING  the potential value of keeping McCarron versus OVERESTIMATING the value of Peterman being NFL starter ready....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Next year....

...so then cue up the "post Kelly era refrain".......pretty sure they have it on 8-track and cassette...............

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Hey, until that rant I had forgotten they kept Kemp and got rid of Lamonica.  Thanks a bunch!  ?

...you realize the "Mad Bomber" is only 73....should we bring.....naw....I won't...........

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t understand the hater option?

I am a hater because I think he is arguably the worst QB of all time and shouldn’t be on a roster?

That would be more of a “realest “ rather than a hater. Nothing against the kid and I hope he succeeds. But he just flat out sucks

• Like (+1) 3

He sucks.

That's a simple fact.

I don't hate him, though.

I'm legitimately rooting for the kid to get better, especially now that he has to start a week or 2.

What terrifies me is the prospect of us winning a game or 2 before the bye with Peterman before the bye--which would be ideal--and then Josh Allen being healthy enough to play but McDermott sticking with Peterman because of a couple wins.

Once Allen is healthy.  He should start.  It doesn't remotely matter how Peterman plays the next two weeks because whatever he does, he's bound to implode.  But McDermott's love for the kid is frightening because I could see him being blinded by a snapshot of success.

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don’t understand the hater option?

I am a hater because I think he is arguably the worst QB of all time and shouldn’t be on a roster?

That would be more of a “realest “ rather than a hater. Nothing against the kid and I hope he succeeds. But he just flat out sucks

You sound like a hater. Doesn't mean you hate him as a person, but when he gets on the field you are disgusted. People who vote aren't a big fan probably have a little bit of hope left.

Edited by Kevin1778

5 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

You sound like a hater. Doesn't mean you hate him as a person, but when he gets on the field you are disgusted.

Of course I’m disgusted lol. He’s awful. He has no business being on an NFL roster and now he’s their starting QB.

That does not make me a hater...

I hope Peterman rips it on Sunday. 

If I was wanting him to fail, then I would be a hater.

There is a massive difference

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Of course I’m disgusted lol. He’s awful. He has no business being on a NFL roster and now he’s starting an NFL Football game.

That does not make me a hater...

I hope Peterman rips it on Sunday. 

If I was wanting him to fail, then I would be a hater.

There is a massive difference

Fine. I will change it to just get rid of him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Fine. I will change it to just get rid of him.

That probably makes more sense to be honest.

Its like asking someone if the Bills are going to beat New England. If that person says no, is he a hater? No it just means he thinks New England is going to win. That bills fan will of course will still be going for the Bills.

Its the same for peterman. I think he is going to suck and I don’t want him on this team. BUT. He’s the QB for my favourite team now so I hope he plays well and gets the win.

Edited by billsfan11

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Where is the “he’s obviously got to go, but we need a better QB first” option? 

This is just setting up polar extremes doing their thing, again. .....

They keep bringing in better ones, but they keep getting hurt

• Like (+1) 1

It all depends on what each word/phrase means to the OP.  I selected "supporter" because I like Peterman as a person.  I think there are lots of things to recommend him, and I think there are enough good qualities that suggest he could eventually be an NFL QB.  However, I would be surprised if he esperiences that success in Buffalo.  If he doesn't have a stellar outing on Sunday, I don't know that his latest chance continues.  I think that McDermott is likely to start Matt Barkley if Peterman throws interceptions on Sunday, and the Bills lose ugly.  That's if Josh Allen still isn't ready to go on November 10th.

13 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

You sound like a hater. Doesn't mean you hate him as a person, but when he gets on the field you are disgusted. People who vote aren't a big fan probably have a little bit of hope left.

Does any reasonable Bills fan feel differently than that? Are some people honestly excited to watch him play football?!? If so, I question your sanity or your fanhood. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I support every Bills QB.  I hate that peterman has to be our starter this week.  I don’t hate him, but I think he sucks and if he sucks this week, we should cut him as soon as Barkley gets caught up

Only if Barkley is cheaper - and when Allen is healthy cut Barkley. He's Peterman 2.0 in case everyone forgot he has no arm strength and prefers throwing the ball to the opposing team. Since he was drafted in 2013, Barkley was traded for a 7th round pick, got beat out by Beathard, and has played on almost as many different teams as games he's played. Actually, he pre-dates Peterman, so Peterman is Barkley 2.0? Either way...

We're better off setting up a juggs machine from wherever we start our drives and just letting it rip from there - would achieve the same effect but likely for a much lighter cap hit.

Edit: I feel like I should add the fact that I don't actually hate Peterman and I DO want him to succeed, as early as this Sunday. I get the above seems to say otherwise, but I'd prefer Peterman to Barkley if I'm being honest.

Edited by ctk232
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Does any reasonable Bills fan feel differently than that? Are some people honestly excited to watch him play football?!? If so, I question your sanity or your fanhood. 

I am. Thought he played well in Houston. If Bills recover fumble with 4 minutes to go he would have been QB that led Bills to comeback win on road. It was that close.

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

I know. Just curious if it is 50-50 supporters and haters or something like 80-20 one way or the other. It is hard to tell if he is really hated or if it is just a few loud people and the national media. I don't think the Bills fans are as down on him as people say.

When he trotted on to the field late Monday night he recieved a very loud cheer.

I remember a few guys at work wanting him cut after the Texans game

The kids a 5th round pick and expectatiions should be low

I think if he just relaxes out there he will be ok.

He is trying to hard and forcing it,

I really hope he has a great game Sunday mostly for him and his mental state.

• Like (+1) 1

I choose to support him 100%, hope he has a great game.... and since he doesn’t have a lot of nitwit fanboys drooling all over him no matter what like EJ/JP/Bledsoe, he doesn’t really even bother me all that much. I’m just waiting for Allen to come back.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This should have been public.  

And Zero haters?    

False reporting I say. 

Why ?   Good damn question 

but secretly I’m pretty sure they are here.  

Remember when we fell in love with Trent Edwards?  Fitz? Flutie? Bledsoe?...ect ect

These guys show flashes and we all get hope that they are the next saviour taking us back to the promised land.

Then NFL defences figure out their deficiencies and they implode.

This fanbase has been without franchise guy since Jimbo retired in 1997 and our playoff drought happened soon after.

We need to relax and let these young QB's mature and develop. JMHO

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

To be fair, to answer the question, "Will Peterman play well on Sunday?" with either "supporter," "not a big fan," or "get rid of him already," doesn't actually answer the question. I get the responses were edited to reflect the answers here.

So, to your assessment as someone who voted "not a big fan," I do have hope and would love to see him succeed and somehow earn a spot as the back-up on this roster. I'm skeptical given the fact that he's been through more than most QBs drafted in the 5th round two years ago go through, and certainly has had ridiculous expectations put on him given that context. Starting him week 1 didn't help with those expectations, and is certainly erroneous to the question of how I feel about him on the roster. But given what is tangible thus far, I'm indifferent to him being on the roster if a better option comes along at back-up. Barkley is not that guy, nor is Anderson who is more a coach than a player anyway.

I hope he has a great game on Sunday, not only for him and the team but to cram it to some posters on TBD!

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Remember when we fell in love with Trent Edwards?  Fitz? Flutie? Bledsoe?...ect ect

These guys show flashes and we all get hope that they are the next saviour taking us back to the promised land.

Then NFL defences figure out their deficiencies and they implode.

This fanbase has been without franchise guy since Jimbo retired in 1997 and our playoff drought happened soon after.

We need to relax and let these young QB's mature and develop. JMHO

Holy crap, a voice of reason; normally we throw emotional temper tantrums here on TBD!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

I hope he has a great game on Sunday, not only for him and the team but to cram it to some posters on TBD!

Holy crap, a voice of reason; normally we throw emotional temper tantrums here on TBD!

I do those in private ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

Thought this kid had some potential after the snow game. But unfortunately a pitcher who throws 85 will not make it in the bigs. If you can't make the 10 yard out, you cannot play with the big boys. I wouldn't even waste putting him on the PS. This Sunday will be his final hurrah. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

I am. Thought he played well in Houston. If Bills recover fumble with 4 minutes to go he would have been QB that led Bills to comeback win on road. It was that close.

He throw 2 passes and 2 of them were caught by the opposition. He had a TD for each team. When we are hanging our hats on a 53.1 rating we need to raise our expectations. He is literally the worst QB of all-time. He isn’t a top 100 QB in the world. I have no interest in ever watching him take another snap for my favorite team. He is HORRENDOUS. 

Peterman is making me question my loyalty to this team. 

I thought i was was a hardcore fan, 23 year season ticket holder, I watch every snap every week. 

However, I just can’t seem to get on board with the position we are in. I just don’t identify to this loser mentality and accepting failure. 

It is against everything I believe in, I strive everyday to be my best. 

The team to just roll over and quit is against what I believe in and I’m finding it difficult to relate. 

If Peterman starts, I will have no choice but to distance myself and my money from this team. They are just morally wrong. 

I hoping that Anderson practices Friday and Allen is back after the bye

Edited by PittsforDave
  • Like (+1) 1