Some sick part of me is excited to see peterman go again...

Hebert19

35 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's like the 3rd time in 3 days someone hasn't understood that I was agreeing with them.

Hope is a word that means nothing. It's a non-commodity commodity that's been sold to rubes since the beginning of time.

Apparently sarcasm doesn't translate well on a message board.

Nope, sarcasm and mere text doesn't always translate well. It sucks when people then accuse you of lying after you clarify you were being sarcastic. Hope is within us all. We sell it to ourselves every day.

The one benefit of being a Bills' fan is that we know how worthless and horrible hope is.

Perhaps, we are one of the few groups of fans who obtained a real life utility, constantly being conditioned to know hope is an evil lie, by actually being a fan.

FavoriteBothFossa-small.gif

• Like (+1) 1

Call me crazy, but I still think he can pull it together and have a decent game. I still believe he has the tools to get it done, it's just that there is no more harsh a crucible than behind center in the NFL. Especially for the 2018 Bills .

Edited by skibum

27 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

An even sicker part of me now wants to see Barkley get in on the action.

Could be good.

So, back when I was younger I had a POS car. It was horrid, but got good gas mileage and the AC worked. Anyways, I was driving it after a ***** day. A chunk of the car fell off. It was one of the first times I just started laughing at how horrid crappie was. Like, God has asserted himself to smite me in such a way as to add insult to injury by having a chunk of car fall off. Barkley playing reminds me of that chunk.

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think they should flex it to SNF.

I mean, just wow. I'm not sure what you say to that. I'm not sure what to say to you if you can't see what he has been. It's like trying to describe what the color red looks like to someone who was born blind.

The talk about football Gods is nonsense. You know what isn't? 9 interceptions in 81 attempts. He's awful. 

What to say? 

It's easy.   He's a 5th rounder who is in his second year in the league, and has 3 starts. 

I don't know what say to you if you can't see each of his starts were pretty much worst case scenarios. 

Top pass rushing team on the road as a rookie in your first start... Failure. 

2nd start, is a BLIZZARD....failure.

3rd start, top pass defense in the NFL, with no receivers, patchwork offensive line and a new O coordinator....failure. 

But hey, don't let facts and reality get in your way. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 1

And yes I do feel bad for Peterman, but I want to see another abject failure, because even a mediocre performance and McDermott buys time.

I will not forgive McDermott for all his decisions on Offense and his smug arrogance that it really is no big deal what they did to that side of the ball (had to be done and part of the process that many here still believe).

Peterman never should have started vs. LA, the Bills needed a solid veteran heading into the season as JA's Mentor or back-up and Peterman #3 or on the practice squad.

He was a 5th round pick and the investment McD has made to have him the starter was always the issue and the fact he has had performances that were so so bad (lowest QBR ever, 5 Int half & pick 6 & int to lose another) and still is on the team and will likely start in an aberration.

Even an average performance and I can only imagine the posts here and next weeks threads i.e. Even if Allen is healthy Peterman should be the Bills QB will be unbearable.

Yes I know McDermott's thinking and it is to prove he is right about Peterman and only historically bad performances kept McD from starting him the following week.  

Anyone remember the LA game and Peterman trotting out int after int and I swear he was going to start the second half and even then it seemed he may start the following week.

Please no!!!!!!!  

Edited by Billsfan1972

19 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

I don’t think our fo thinks the season is over. 

Why not just forfeit if this is a fact?

Winners win; losers make excuses. 

I agree. My make up not allow quitting. Qw may not be playoff bound but Bills still should learn how to win games even when the odds are stacked against us. Which they most certainly are !

perhaps the FO thought starting peteman was going to be good enough for the year whilst waiting for Allen. Well the plan has gone as astray as a plan can. Like amazingly . Flipped on it's pointy little head and then bounced off said head repeatedly.

Guess we are building character right now. lol.

but honestly, i am going to watch the rest of the season too after skipping the Patriots.

for all of the reasons DCBongo mentioned : )

On any Sunday.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

What to say? 

It's easy.   He's a 5th rounder who is in his second year in the league, and has 3 starts. 

I don't know what say to you if you can't see each of his starts were pretty much worst case scenarios. 

3rd start, top pass defense in the NFL, with no receivers, patchwork offensive line and a new O coordinator....failure. 

I do not think it matters. There is not enough talent on the O side of the ball. and that been their undoing obviously.

hey maybe they are doing a slow build on Offensive Coaches ? get just the right ones..

• Like (+1) 1

I'll tell you what is foolish, even though I've followed this team since the early 80s and so should know better, there is still a tiny part of my brain that finds itself thinking "imagine if Peterman ended up good. Like if a light went on and he got lots of confidence and started to get some wins and ended up being the franchise QB". That's the point where I usually laugh at myself.

But with a team this bad you're forced to make them good in your mind, hence the fantasies of them winning the SB in the final 2 minutes with no time outs, or beating the Pats in the championship game. It's like the loser kids at school who imagine having friends and being popular. The difference is, they get knocked back to reality with a coke bottle on the back of the head or "hey loser" at lunch, we get knocked back to reality every Sunday at 1.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m with you OP. Part of me (the non devil side) would like to see him play a solid game & redeem himself. The other part of me (the devil) wants to see how many picks he will throw & if he will implode like all previous outings. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

I think McCoach may have ruined Peterman by clearly starting him before he was ready last year against the Chargers.  It did not help that it appeared that certain members of the line may have demonstrated their upset to TT's benching by not (how shall we say) putting in their best effort.

Having said all of that, I REALLY hope that Peterman has a good game and REALLY hope that the crowd gets behind him (and continues to support him). Peterman seems like a great guy, and I would hate for him to be ruined as a serviceable NFL back up QB by what has happened to him thus far.  In fact, even if he is never on an NFL roster after this season, I would hate for his lingering memories to be interceptions and pick 6's.

I remember watching him in that game against Clemson and being very impressed with his poise and play notwithstanding that Clemson had so much more talent. I still think he can be salvaged if managed properly.

Again, I hope that the crowd supports Peterman and does not turn on him during the game.  It would be great if he could regain his confidence - which is so important for an NFL QB.

agree on everything and i think it's wrong that they are still jerking him around. name him your starter, give him the reps and get behind the kid. give him a clean slate and 4 qtrs.

they should have stuck with him through the first 4 or at least 2, cause allen sure as hell wasn't ready. trading ajm was stupid move no. 1.

nate can make the throws to spots neither of the other 2 can and that means a lot when you only have tight windows to throw at. i hope he scores on a couple of good drives early and gets the team behind him. the defense deserves some sort of production to defend. hopefully the good lord blesses him.

it seemed as though the f.o. was playing public opinion football with the qb spot to this point. well if they don't stop the f  tardery now , it can only get worse.

will they declare anderson the starter if he clears protocol by noon on sunday, or insert matt barkley?  that would put the capitol S in Stupid and truly prove they are a bit amateur as a staff.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 2

I watch every Bills game until they're all but mathematically eliminated. Usually that means I drop off around Thanksgiving. Last year was fun ... I stuck it out all season (even when they were an extreme longshot) and I was rewarded with some magical moments. This year, I was about to bail on the Bills starting next weekend. But ... with word that Peterman is starting, I find myself interested again.  You just can't look away, can you ....

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/31/2018 at 5:51 PM, RobbRiddick said:

I'll tell you what is foolish, even though I've followed this team since the early 80s and so should know better, there is still a tiny part of my brain that finds itself thinking "imagine if Peterman ended up good. Like if a light went on and he got lots of confidence and started to get some wins and ended up being the franchise QB". That's the point where I usually laugh at myself.

But with a team this bad you're forced to make them good in your mind, hence the fantasies of them winning the SB in the final 2 minutes with no time outs, or beating the Pats in the championship game. It's like the loser kids at school who imagine having friends and being popular. The difference is, they get knocked back to reality with a coke bottle on the back of the head or "hey loser" at lunch, we get knocked back to reality every Sunday at 1.

naw man. it alright to think that way. you already said it was unlikely. So reality has not escaped you !

and Peterman might just win us a game against the Bears.
vegas says no, but  there is a chance. 

Always  a chance !!

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

On 10/31/2018 at 3:31 PM, TwistofFate said:

What to say? 

The blizzard game was his best game and if he played awful I'd give him a pass.

None of what you said were facts, it was the same nonsense as football Gods. Yes LA has a good pass rush, yea the weather was bad. Patchwork blah blah blah *****.

Only fact I've seen brought up is 9 interceptions in 81 attempts. That's what matters.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:11 PM, billsredneck1 said:

agree on everything and i think it's wrong that they are still jerking him around. name him your starter, give him the reps and get behind the kid. give him a clean slate and 4 qtrs.

they should have stuck with him through the first 4 or at least 2, cause allen sure as hell wasn't ready. trading ajm was stupid move no. 1.

nate can make the throws to spots neither of the other 2 can and that means a lot when you only have tight windows to throw at. i hope he scores on a couple of good drives early and gets the team behind him. the defense deserves some sort of production to defend. hopefully the good lord blesses him.

it seemed as though the f.o. was playing public opinion football with the qb spot to this point. well if they don't stop the f  tardery now , it can only get worse.

will they declare anderson the starter if he clears protocol by noon on sunday, or insert matt barkley?  that would put the capitol S in Stupid and truly prove they are a bit amateur as a staff.

Nate also can't throw a 5 yard out. You and that guy have no clue what you're talking about.

You're praising a guys accuracy who has thrown 9 interceptions in his 81 attempts.

You guys are worse than the Tuel fans.

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

God is rooting for him. ?

As an old coach in D-III (Presidents Athletic Conf) used to yell at us during drills if he was happy with the effort, “I’ll take that!”

NP needs every bit of support he can get, from any/all sources—I’m hoping for the Clemson game NP to show up, and we literally have no other warm bodies to press into duty. I wonder what the NFL record is for #of different starting QB’s in a season for one team, as Barkley will no doubt see action at some point this year too...

• Like (+1) 1