Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Donta Hightower Out for NE

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

It’s one heck of a reach to suggest the Patriots wouldn’t have beaten the Bears without a couple of touchdowns on special teams.

Yeah, and Mrs. Lincoln would’ve enjoyed the play a bit more if — well, you know.

No doubt, those scores were necessary during the Pats’ 38-31 victory at Soldier Field. Take out those touchdowns and the outcome surely could have been different had the game been played in a parallel universe. Regarding the actual game in Chicago, Cordarrelle Patterson returned a kickoff for a touchdown and Dont’a Hightower blocked a punt that was returned to the house by Kyle Van Noy.

However, that theory discounts three significant factors First, and most importantly for Bill Belichick, the Patriots spend far too much time on special teams in practice not to have that effort validated at times throughout the season on game day. While scores on special teams aren’t consistently counted on, the fact that they’re rare shouldn’t discredit their value. Think the Chiefs apologized for Tyreek Hill’s game-changing plays as a returner? Should the Packers’ win in Super Bowl XXXI be any less meaningful simply because Desmond Howard returned the ball a then-Super Bowl record 99 yards for a touchdown? Want the Patriots to wipe away the entire 2001 postseason? (That was a rhetorical question, Raiders, Steelers and Rams.)

Subscription Required for Full Access 

that first sentence must be a typo?     "wouldn't have beaten" ?

that is saying they think Pats would have still beaten the Bears without the special teams play/scores, and that, is a real heck of a reach.

Edited by cba fan

18 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

You probably should play the tough guy role around here since I’m sure you can’t in real life. 

keep to the facts at hand and how YOU act in these forums not me.. we can go back and forth like a bunch of 7 years old or you can just live with an opinion.

Stay alert and be safe out there for those going tonight.  National broadcast might attract the wrong person's attention.   Things have been crazy lately.  No real political connection with the bills and patriots though at least.

Most likely just be alert to all the additional police if doing anything you don't want to share with them.  Ha.  Have fun, stay warm.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:22 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Keep your head up! As they say it is always darkest before the dawn.

thanks a lot - so basically in addition to the Bills getting clobbered you are now predicting the end of the world and the sun not rising Tuesday morning

Slightly edited for language...

STVNVerified account @StevieJohnson13

Let’s set/break records with McCoy.
- Blitz thef**k outta them.
- DBs Great opportunity. Excited - Don’t wait for KB to get open- throw datbih- he know what to do wit it.
- Look for Zay uptop- let it fly. Get it.
- OLine Be smart, play dirty, f**k it. #CoachYee @BillsLegends

What's the over/under on egregious penalties called on the Bills tonight? Especially ones that involve any Bills players coming within a yard of Princess Timmy.

"Sneezing near Mr. Brady, #55, defense, 200 yards, a free touchdown and #55 has been ejected, first down." 

"Trying to sack Mr. Brady, #95, defense, lifetime NFL ban, arrest and deportation possible. Patriots ball, infinite first down!"

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

- DBs Great opportunity. Excited - Don’t wait for KB to get open- throw datbih- he know what to do wit it.

This was cool. Scott Chandler actually spoke up in the comments and said, "Agree with everything except the blitz, gotta get home on a 4-man rush." Which is true. Someone else posted Brady's numbers when he faces a 6-man blitz. He's thrown like 70 TDs in those situations. They'll have to get after him with four and get creative with some stunts and whatnot, I dunno. Just get back there and disrupt him.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can someone help me out?   Is the game 8:15pm eastern time?    I'm in Texas this week.   And wanna know when to look for it. 

Yeah, 8:15 EST is correct, sir.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

I am not looking forward to this game. At all. 

I will pretty much consider it a success tonight if they make it through the game without anyone retiring on them.... 

I know, I know. I’m asking a lot...  ?

Edited by BillsFan4

8 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

This was cool. Scott Chandler actually spoke up in the comments and said, "Agree with everything except the blitz, gotta get home on a 4-man rush." Which is true. Someone else posted Brady's numbers when he faces a 6-man blitz. He's thrown like 70 TDs in those situations. They'll have to get after him with four and get creative with some stunts and whatnot, I dunno. Just get back there and disrupt him.

Yeah, 8:15 EST is correct, sir.

Thanks!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

McD just said live on WGR-550 that McCoy is fully healthy, cleared protocol, and will be playing tonight.

Maybe that's old news, not sure.

I think it came out yesterday that McCoy was ready to go. Still good to hear it straight from the coach.

10-29: Sean McDermott with Schopp & the Bulldog on WGR (10:07)

A rare gameday appearance by Sean McDermott who joins Schopp & the Bulldog now outside the stadium! #Bills

McDermott - I like our chances. This is a good opponent, have to play well for four quarters.

McDermott on Derek Anderson - It's still a challenge, he didn't have the preseason. The more time he's here, the more comfortable he'll be.

McDermott on McCoy - He's cleared concussion protocol and he's ready to go.

McDermott - Sometimes the best defense is when their QB is on the bench. The more chances he has to succeed, the more likely he will succeed.

McDermott on Belichick - Loose lips sink ships. Sometimes that's why I am the way I am during the week.

McDermott on Gronk - It's a matchup game. When you draft a player like Tremaine, sometimes you do it with matchups like this in mind.

McDermott on Terrelle Pryor - He was here today and we did spend some time with him. I'll leave it at that for now.

McDermott - It's a product of our success last season. You get primetime games. We plan on having a lot more in the years going forward.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Uncle Stevie!!!!!! Grab your cleats bro!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

10-29: Sean McDermott with Schopp & the Bulldog on WGR (10:07)

A rare gameday appearance by Sean McDermott who joins Schopp & the Bulldog now outside the stadium! #Bills

McDermott - I like our chances. This is a good opponent, have to play well for four quarters.

McDermott on Derek Anderson - It's still a challenge, he didn't have the preseason. The more time he's here, the more comfortable he'll be.

McDermott on McCoy - He's cleared concussion protocol and he's ready to go.

McDermott - Sometimes the best defense is when their QB is on the bench. The more chances he has to succeed, the more likely he will succeed.

McDermott on Belichick - Loose lips sink ships. Sometimes that's why I am the way I am during the week.

McDermott on Gronk - It's a matchup game. When you draft a player like Tremaine, sometimes you do it with matchups like this in mind.

McDermott on Terrelle Pryor - He was here today and we did spend some time with him. I'll leave it at that for now.

McDermott - It's a product of our success last season. You get primetime games. We plan on having a lot more in the years going forward.

Interesting that it seems he brought up Tremaine without a prompt for the question about Gronk. I'm eager to see 49 vs 87.

• Like (+1) 1

I gotta be the only Bills fan alive that doesn't like Chris Berman and his strange association to the Bills.

Also, I was not a fan of that opening and I'm sure that's a minority position.

The incessant 90's nostalgia is a reminder of the futility since. I respect the 90's Bills teams, but I'm the kind of guy that doesn't live in the past.