Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Donta Hightower Out for NE

Patriots past helps guide OC Brian Daboll in Buffalo

r454339_1296x518_5-2.jpg&w=768&h=307&sca

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Deep inside the Cleveland Browns' training facility nine years ago, the sound of a racquetball bouncing against a whiteboard cut through the quarterbacks' meeting room.

Brian Daboll, in 2009 in his first season as Cleveland's offensive coordinator, wanted to quiz then-Browns quarterback Derek Anderson on his knowledge of the new offense. Daboll flipped on a stopwatch, told Anderson to write down each formation and bounced the ball off the wall -- next to Anderson's head.

"No, stop," Anderson once told his coach. "I'm trying to learn this s---."

"Hurry up," Daboll responded. "Faster. Faster."

"I used to go nuts," Anderson recalled last week. "[But] for quarterbacks, you've got to be able to process it quickly."

Daboll, now in his first year as the Buffalo Bills' offensive coordinator, has not dug out the racquetball as part of his cram sessions with Anderson since the Bills signed the 14th-year quarterback on Oct. 9 and made him their starter a week later. Anderson threw three interceptions and lost a fumble in a 35-7 road loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so if, and a huge IF, the Bills pulled off the magnanimous upset tonight, would the beloved urinalists point to an abject Pats failure or begrudgingly acknowledge the Bills' success?...

Are you working on boosting your vocabulary or something?

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Donta Hightower Out for NE
1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I gotta be the only Bills fan alive that doesn't like Chris Berman and his strange association to the Bills.

Also, I was not a fan of that opening and I'm sure that's a minority position.

The incessant 90's nostalgia is a reminder of the futility since. I respect the 90's Bills teams, but I'm the kind of guy that doesn't live in the past. 

There’s a difference between honoring the past on a once in 10 year national stage and on a night they retire the number of one of our HOFers and living in the past. And Berman, having a unique relationship with those teams and not doing much in the way of appearances lately, is a perfect ESPN personality to celebrate that with.

• Like (+1) 2