Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Donta Hightower Out for NE

I understand picking the Pats to win of course. Last time they played here it was 23-3. Our defense is better this year, and I don’t think the offense can get much worse than scoring 3 points. DA has some practice under his belt now and will throw a bunch. Zay is improving and could get a lot of targets. Shady is back. Ivory >> Tolbert. Pats run D sucks. Daboll knows a ***** ton about the Pats. just don’t see the blowout that many do. Jmo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I understand picking the Pats to win of course. Last time they played here it was 23-3. Our defense is better this year, and I don’t think the offense can get much worse than scoring 3 points. DA has some practice under his belt now and will throw a bunch. Shady is back. Pats run D sucks. I Daboll knows a ***** ton about the Pats. just don’t see the blowout that many do. Jmo.

The Pats have averaged 38 points a game over the last 4 games.  The Bills have averaged less. Hence the opinions that it will end up a blowout.  You may be correct about specific matchups.  But based on last weeks performance it is not obvious the Bills defense is all that great. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I understand picking the Pats to win of course. Last time they played here it was 23-3. Our defense is better this year, and I don’t think the offense can get much worse than scoring 3 points. DA has some practice under his belt now and will throw a bunch. Zay is improving and could get a lot of targets. Shady is back. Ivory >> Tolbert. Pats run D sucks. Daboll knows a ***** ton about the Pats. just don’t see the blowout that many do. Jmo.

Excellent points as always Yolo.

The two beat writers have predicted 17 and 20 points....   Is NE's defense that bad? 

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Pats have averaged 38 points a game over the last 4 games.  The Bills have averaged less. Hence the opinions that it will end up a blowout.  You may be correct about specific matchups.  But based on last weeks performance it is not obvious the Bills defense is all that great. 

They sicked for 1.5 games than got much much better.  Sure they had a hiccup or two last week, but even the great defenses do that on occasion.  

I'm hoping they get it together tonight and make watching a worthwhile event. 

Ran over a squirrel this AM coming into work.  Not sure if I should interpret that as a good or bad omen for tonight :unsure::ph34r:

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Excellent points as always Yolo.

The two beat writers have predicted 17 and 20 points....   Is NE's defense that bad? 

They sicked for 1.5 games than got much much better.  Sure they had a hiccup or two last week, but even the great defenses do that on occasion.  

I'm hoping they get it together tonight and make watching a worthwhile event. 

They are probably expecting the bills to rise up at home, which is entirely possible. They will be jacked. It could be situation where the Bills offense gets some favorable field position due to the defense. I think the Pats have been sloppy at times this year and you can’t screw around too much on the road. This is the Bills super bowl. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a trick play or two tonight from Daboll because why not. That’s the kind of stuff you can do when you are a heavy underdog at home.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the key to this game will (obviously) be the aggressiveness of the defense.  they have to press. they gotta take shots at the receivers at the line. if they can knock them  a 1/2 second off, it will help our pass rush.  if they come out in strictly nickel and play zone, it won't even be worth watching.

also, every bills coach up to now has been scared to blitz brady. you'll never even get a sniff of him rushing 4....  (although i'm happy with the play of the front 4 this year).

i  hope they bring it on every down. giving up a play here and there, but laying the wood to brady is far better than just watching them march down the field.  i hope mcd takes over this game on d and has some mcballs. we need to hit brady hard, often and start it early.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are probably expecting the bills to rise up at home, which is entirely possible. They will be jacked. It could be situation where the Bills offense gets some favorable field position due to the defense. I think the Pats have been sloppy at times this year and you can’t screw around too much on the road. This is the Bills super bowl. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a trick play or two tonight from Daboll because why not. 

I was going to post this in the ESPN thread you started last night 

the last time ESPN made a huge deal pregame in Buffalo it was disastrous. 

Rex Ryan game. 

But since it’s their MNF package it’s their norm.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was going to post this in the ESPN thread you started last night 

the last time ESPN made a huge deal pregame in Buffalo it was disastrous. 

Rex Ryan game. 

But since it’s their MNF package it’s their norm.   

This is totally different though. Rex was crowing about not caring who Dion Lewis was and Dareus was talking smack about having the best D in history. And i think we were actually favored in that game. ESPN chose to be in Buffalo because of the matchup, it was a 1pm game.

This is is the exact opposite. They are only there because they have to be, and no one expects a damn thing from the Bills.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have never in 55 years of watching this team been less interested in a game as I am today. 

I am am sick of losing, sick of rebuilding, sick if the Pats*, sick of Brady, sick of being embarrassed in national TV.  

Maybe the stars align and we win but I don’t see a Derek Anderson led team pulling this off. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is totally different though. Rex was crowing about not caring who Dion Lewis was and Dareus was talking smack about having the best D in history. And i think we were actually favored in that game. ESPN chose to be in Buffalo because of the matchup, it was a 1pm game.

This is is the exact opposite. They are only there because they have to be, and no one expects a damn thing from the Bills.

There was this narrative around Rex that he was a rare success story in stopping patsies I never quite understood and certainly didn’t witness except vs jacoby Brissett.

The Pats can’t stop the run, as you mentioned so if McCoy and Ivory can both have huge nights and the defense can get pressure with 4, there’s hope. 

Truman’s and Milano will also need incredible performances as Pats are more run/throw balanced than in the past. 

I was was hoping Josh would be back for this one, oh wells.  Go bills!! 

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They couldn't do anything right on defense last week.

Throughout McDermotts time here as head coach, for the most part the better QBs of the league have made it look easy against our defense.

Does seem like the better QBs find the holes in this scheme 

How to Watch Patriots vs. Bills

apa1xr9rej9z1fx6ogsd.jpg

The Buffalo Bills return to New Era Field Week 8 to play AFC East opponent the New England Patriots on Monday Night Football. Find out more about how you can watch, listen and replay the matchup.

Week 8: Patriots vs. Bills, Oct. 29 at 8:15 p.m.

Broadcast Information: ESPN

Play-by-Play: Joe Tessitore
Commentary: Jason Witten and Booger McFarland
Sideline: Lisa Salters

Bills fans can also listen to the action on the Bills Radio Network and nationally on Westwood One Sports Radio Network.

Bills Radio Network:
Play-by-Play: John Murphy
Color Analyst: Mark Kelso
Sideline: Sal Capaccio
  • Alfred, NY: WZKZ (102 FM Hornell/Wellsville)
  • Amsterdam, NY: WKAJ (1120 AM)
  • Bath, NY: WABH (1380 AM)
  • Bradford, NY: WBRR (100.1 FM)
  • Buffalo, NY: * WGR 550 (550 AM)
  • Dansville, NY: WDNY (93.9 FM)
  • Dunkirk, NY: WDOE (94.9 FM/1410AM)
  • Elmira, NY: WNGZ (104.9 FM)
  • Erie, PA: WRIE (1260 AM)
  • Glenn Falls, NY: WMML (1230 AM/97.9FM)
  • Ithaca, NY: THE BUZZER WYXL (96.3 FM)
  • Jamestown, NY: WWSE (93.3FM) and WJTN (1240 AM)
  • Newark, NY: WACK (1420 AM)
  • Ogdensburg, NY: WQTK (92.7FM)
  • Olean, NY: THE PIG (95.7 FM)
  • Syracuse, NY: KROCK WKRL (100.9 FM, 106.5 FM and 94.9 FM Utica)
  • Syracuse, NY: WTKW (99.5 FM) and WTKV (105.5 FM)
  • Toronto, CA: * FAN 590 (590 AM)
  • Rochester, NY: WCMF 96.5 FM / WROC (950 AM ESPN)
  • Watertown, NY: WOTT (94.1 FM)
*Flagship stations

Westwood One Sports Radio Network
Play-by-Play: Kevin Harlan
Commentary: James Lofton
Sideline: Ross Tucker

NFL Mobile App & NFL GamePass:

Fans now have the option to watch Bills games live this season on their smart phone or tablet through the NFL app! Live local and primetime games will be available in the app for all to enjoy on game day, even if you’re on the go. Click here to learn how to watch on the NFL app or Yahoo! Sports app.

Additionally, fans can replay every Bills game this season with NFL GamePass.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup, and thats why I didn't make that post .  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They couldn't do anything right on defense last week.

Throughout McDermotts time here as head coach, for the most part the better QBs of the league have made it look easy against our defense.

Yes Scott, but that is still considered "a hiccup".    I think Frazier's leash was a bit too long as McD was with Daboll helping DA. 

I hope I'm not that wrong.   ;)  

29 minutes ago, The Process said:

I hope its his head that is popping ....  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - It's Game Day!!
5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup, and thats why I didn't make that post .  :thumbsup: 

Yes Scott, but that is still considered "a hiccup".    I think Frazier's leash was a bit too long as McD was with Daboll helping DA. 

I hope I'm not that wrong.   ;)  

I hope its his head that is popping ....  

I was thinking of something else popping below the waist.....somewhere between the legs....something that would make him vomit on Belicheat

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Process said:

I was thinking of something else popping below the waist.....somewhere between the legs....something that would make him vomit on Belicheat

LMAO 

Gronkowski (back/ankle) expected to play vs. Bills

an accidental knee to the back and a stomp on his feet 

a braced elbow to the helmet for good measure. 

Patriots past helps guide OC Brian Daboll in Buffalo

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32474/patriots-past-helps-guide-oc-brian-daboll-in-buffalo

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Deep inside the Cleveland Browns' training facility nine years ago, the sound of a racquetball bouncing against a whiteboard cut through the quarterbacks' meeting room.

Brian Daboll, in 2009 in his first season as Cleveland's offensive coordinator, wanted to quiz then-Browns quarterback Derek Anderson on his knowledge of the new offense. Daboll flipped on a stopwatch, told Anderson to write down each formation and bounced the ball off the wall -- next to Anderson's head.

"No, stop," Anderson once told his coach. "I'm trying to learn this s---."

"Hurry up," Daboll responded. "Faster. Faster."

"I used to go nuts," Anderson recalled last week. "[But] for quarterbacks, you've got to be able to process it quickly."

Just now, The Process said:

Get ready for a parade of stats on Brady supporting his GOATness...record the game and watch 20 mins in. Keep your fingers on the fast forward button. Save the frustration.

I would make it an hour in   FF through all the commercials and depending on the 1st half FF past halftime too.  

I may even have to mute the game and just find an audio feed. 

Can the Bills Upset the Patriots on Monday Night Football?

QUICKLY
  • The Bills are hosting Monday Night Football for the first time in 10 years, but the Patriots come in on a roll.
Three things to know before the Patriots (5-2) visit the Bills (2-5) on Monday Night Football (8:15 p.m. ET, ESPN).

1. Bills first-round rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds has read the field better lately than he did in mid-September, but the 20-year-old, understandably, still struggles with zone awareness at times.

2. Josh Gordon is coming along.

3. We think of a good bull rush as being where one defender overpowers another, but much of it comes down to technique.

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I have never in 55 years of watching this team been less interested in a game as I am today. 

I am am sick of losing, sick of rebuilding, sick if the Pats*, sick of Brady, sick of being embarrassed in national TV.  

Maybe the stars align and we win but I don’t see a Derek Anderson led team pulling this off. 

no worries mate,  we got nate!