Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Starting Anderson will keep the locker room happy?

There's no good choice here with either Peterman or Anderson.  They can cite circumstances but Beane and McDermott have only themselves to blame for some poor decisions about the composition of the QB group.  Start Peterman and there's a good chance we see another pick six, maybe even on the Bills first offensive series.  Start Anderson and you put a guy behind center that has been here a couple weeks, probably doesn't have a handle on the playbook, and is likely not even in game shape.  The thought process has to be to pick the guy you think has the lower chance of screwing up.  IMO, even though I know very little about him my gut feel is that is Anderson.  Confidence in Peterman has to be close to zero right now.      

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Paul Costa said:

Give Baltimore the 5th we got for Mccarron. Get RG3 in here ASAP . Figure it out for this Sunday and then it’s RG3 time for a few weeks till the kid finishes the last few weeks of the season. 

If Flacco is injured they will turn to Griffin. No way they put their offense or 2018 season in the hands of Lamar Jackson.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve never understood why people would rather be right than just root for their team.  Will we make the playoffs this year?.. prob not.  Will I still root for that, yup.  

Being critical is one thing. I’m plenty critical of them, but the whole “What a nerd, still rooting for playoffs” thing is super weird.  It’s just a messageboard, you don’t get cool points to redeem in real life for calling a high draft pick correctly. ??‍♂️

Make no mistake And don't get it twisted. My team is an embarrassment and has been forever. I have a right for all the years I've been blindly loyal to think this current and ongoing dumpster fire is complete bull#@$&!!!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Murphy said on the radio that the Bills had been calling Anderson all summer and that they finally talked him into signing last week.

That's not really what Anderson said. He said he spoke with them in the spring but didn't really feel right.

He also signed for peanuts. So it's very possible they lowballed him and that is why he didn't sign earlier. Beane has been known for that. Sometimes it works, and they get guys cheap. Sometimes they don't get guys because they don't want to play for that. 

23 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Was he the only option out there? 

who knows there is a lot that goes on that I'm sure we are not aware of.

they did have McCarron too which many thought was a good signing. He played well in Cincinnati but I think he fell victim to our WR Corp.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's not really what Anderson said. He said he spoke with them in the spring but didn't really feel right.

He also signed for peanuts. So it's very possible they lowballed him and that is why he didn't sign earlier. Beane has been known for that. Sometimes it works, and they get guys cheap. Sometimes they don't get guys because they don't want to play for that. 

What I heard him say during his WGR interview last week, in response to a question from John Murphy about why he did not sign with anyone during free agency, he said that he had a number of calls but "nothing felt right".  When asked if the Bills were one of those teams that called, he said "maybe" and chuckled.  Could have been money, could have been the situations he was being asked to join, could be he was not sure he wanted to play.  Obviously they were persistent.  He may well have been their top target all along.

Vic Carucci ‏Verified account @viccarucci 3m3 minutes ago Can confirm #Bills QB Josh Allen has an elbow sprain, as reported by @john_wawrow & @MikeGarafolo. League source says Allen is "week to week," as Sean McDermott said Monday. Source also says Allen's playing status for Sunday will become clear as the week goes on. 1 reply 5 retweets 9 likes

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

What I heard him say during his WGR interview last week, in response to a question from John Murphy about why he did not sign with anyone during free agency, he said that he had a number of calls but "nothing felt right".  When asked if the Bills were one of those teams that called, he said "maybe" and chuckled.  Could have been money, could have been the situations he was being asked to join, could be he was not sure he wanted to play.  Obviously they were persistent.  He may well have been their top target all along.

Right. But that was early in the spring, not "calling all summer."

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If Peterman starts Sunday. McD should be fired Monday. It is really as easy as that 

He's 11-11 with a bottom five roster since he got here.  Majorly screwing up the QB situation isn't enough to justify his firing.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

He's 11-11 with a bottom five roster since he got here.  Majorly screwing up the QB situation isn't enough to justify his firing.

It absolutely is. If it isnt than 

2 failed OCs

Passing on Mahomes (Watson to a lesser extent)

1941 passing offense

His preaching of good guys to cause a talent void 

there is more than enough. If he Trots Peterman out to start Sunday for Part 4. He ABSOLUTELY should be fired Monday

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If Peterman starts Sunday. McD should be fired Monday. It is really as easy as that 

Why - is Anderson the answer? 

If JA does not play - it does not matter who is at QB.  The options are limited and sometimes you have to play guys like Thad Lewis or Peterman.

I quite frankly do not care who plays QB if it is not Allen - neither are long term answers and neither are winners -so quite frankly just trot someone out and get the game over with.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

Luck may not hang 350 and 4 on us, but he won't need to when we trot either Anderson or Peterman out on the field.

If the Bills run the ball 80% of time, they can railroad the Colts defense.  The Bills defense can handle Luck.

The key is not turning the ball over (and that includes special teams). Give Anderson the start and let him play the role of a veteran game manager.  That should be enough to compete with the Colts.

The Patriots will murder us, but a game manager can win against Indy's defense.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think putting a 35-year-old QB who's been on the Bills for a week and hasn't taken a meaningful snap in two years would be a pretty bad move.

Plus it won't be nearly as fun, as far as TBD meltdowns are concerned.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think putting a 35-year-old QB who's been on the Bills for a week and hasn't taken a meaningful snap in two years would be a pretty bad move.

Yeah maybe should have signed him before Mid October 

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why - is Anderson the answer? 

If JA does not play - it does not matter who is at QB.  The options are limited and sometimes you have to play guys like Thad Lewis or Peterman.

I quite frankly do not care who plays QB if it is not Allen - neither are long term answers and neither are winners -so quite frankly just trot someone out and get the game over with.

seems like we always do

On 10/15/2018 at 12:22 AM, RyanC883 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2018/ufa/quarterback/available/

Looks like Landry Jones and Matt Moore are available as Peterman replacements.  

I want NP gone and KB benched.    

Matt more

Ore is a FA and he hasn't been signed yet???

It's like the bills FO WANTS to have terrible QBs??

5 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

If the Bills run the ball 80% of time, they can railroad the Colts defense.  The Bills defense can handle Luck.

The key is not turning the ball over (and that includes special teams). Give Anderson the start and let him play the role of a veteran game manager.  That should be enough to compete with the Colts.

The Patriots will murder us, but a game manager can win against Indy's defense.

He'll still have to throw the ball , right? What is a game manager anyway? Still have to play the game

This season has been so effing miserable I can envision a scenario in which Derek Anderson quits halfway through the game after getting sacked for the eighth time. He was on vacation with his family two weeks ago and had to be talked into signing apparently, guarantee he doesn’t want to start for this mess right now.

if Peterman is in uniform the football gods will ensure he sees the field somehow. Get him out of here and get somebody else in immediately.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah maybe should have signed him before Mid October 

To say, "Beane and McDermott mishandled the QB position this year," would be the understatement of the century.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, nucci said:

He'll still have to throw the ball , right? What is a game manager anyway? Still have to play the game

Sure, he'll have to make a few key throws, while handing the ball off 75-80% of the time.

The Jets ran all over the Colts defense.  The Bills can too.

And how complicated do you think the Bills offense is right now? It's designed for a rookie QB. Most plays have one or two reads.  A 35 year old veteran should be able to manage it easily, even if he only has two weeks with the playbook.

Avoiding turnovers is the biggest key to getting a win this week.  Knowing that, only a total fool would start Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Another thing is that if DA starts, JA can shadow him during the week(s) and see how a real veteran QB prepares and hopefully learn some things

Monday:  Duff's for lunch, Anchor Bar for dinner, to determine best wings

Tuesday:  Dino's Bocce Club for lunch, Leonardi's for dinner, determine best pizza.

Wednesday:  Monday's winner vs. Bar Bill.

Thirsday:  Tuesday's winner vs. LaNova.

Friday:  Fish Fry.  This will take a while.  Multiple gin mills in the running.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Guddamm auto correct. Leonardi's, with an 'i'!

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Monday:  Duff's for lunch, Anchor Bar for dinner, to determine best wings

Tuesday:  Dino's Bocce Club for lunch, Leonardo's for dinner, determine best pizza.

Wednesday:  Monday's winner vs. Bar Bill.

Thirsday:  Tuesday's winner vs. LaNova.

Friday:  Fish Fry.  This will take a while.  Multiple gin mills in the running.

These results have to have their own thread (in Off the Wall) when you get back.  Seriously.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Can’t be worse than Peterman, I can’t see any scenario Peterman being named as the starter. I think they will be run heavy and limit Anderson to 15-20 pass attempts.

Edited by K-Apps
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He made it a bottom five roster.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Call an exorcist!  The spirit of Ralph C. Wilson lives on!

Beane counters are cheap!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I can’t believe what a bad situation were in regarding the QB position. There’s still no consensus on whether your backup QB is starting, which is normal practice on any other team in this league, or whether we are trotting out a 35 year old veteran who was never really good who has only been on the team for a week. If that doesn’t scream “problem” then I don’t know what does. This is the process? I don’t want any more process. I want some positive direction and a plan.