Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Washington State gets all the new refugees!!  Sucks for those residents who didn't vote for this doofus (and I say this as someone in NYS stuck with Cuomo).

i liked how Jay says his state believes diversity is its strength.

HIs state is 23rd in the nation in diversity and 78% white.

the Washington State Legislature has been passing some nifty green stuff and his "public option"  this year that he was bragging about.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, snafu said:

Poor Delaney. They refuse to recognize him.

he made more sense than most of them.  Whenever he started talking about stuff going against the grain of the DNC like people don't care about impeachment or identity politics they tried to shut him up.  Same thing happened to Ryan.

meanwhile they had no problem with Castro butting in and hijacking the debate.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So what is the over-under on Spanish speakers tomorrow? Tonight it was 3/10.

Tomorrow's cast of characters (three of which I have no idea who they are):

Marianne Williamson
John Hickenlooper
Andrew Yang
Pete Buttigieg
Bernie Sanders
Joe Biden
Kamala Harris
Kirsten Gillibrand
Michael Bennet
Eric Swalwell

I want to hear the Asian guy speaking Spanish.  And Gillibrand should update her muscle shirt to "Just trying to get some chipotle"

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'll take the under and say one person does -- and it'll be Mayor Pete. 

I'd love to see Swalwell try (and fail), basically because it'd be hilarious.

Nostramos esta los Avengeros; ellos esta hambriento.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

So who had the better performance, Beto in last nights debate or Derek Anderson's 2/17 for 23 yards

Derek completed two passes while Beto got flagged for flopping, which isn't even a penalty in the NFL. Who do you think?

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

i liked how Jay says his state believes diversity is its strength.

HIs state is 23rd in the nation in diversity and 78% white.

the Washington State Legislature has been passing some nifty green stuff and his "public option"  this year that he was bragging about.

After watching his closing comments I realized where Oregon's gubner Kate Browm got her climate emergency narrative.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So what is the over-under on Spanish speakers tomorrow? Tonight it was 3/10.

Tomorrow's cast of characters (three of which I have no idea who they are):

Marianne Williamson
John Hickenlooper
Andrew Yang
Pete Buttigieg
Bernie Sanders
Joe Biden
Kamala Harris
Kirsten Gillibrand
Michael Bennet
Eric Swalwell

Assuming he gets time to speak I think Yang wipes the floor with that field. If last night is an indicator, though, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will get 70% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Assuming he gets time to speak I think Yang wipes the floor with that field. If last night is an indicator, though, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will get 70% of the time. 

If my theory is correct and that Eric Swalwell is merely part of a satire comedy film that's in production, he's going to have a lot of hilarious one-liners, soundbites and "faces" in reaction to other candidates.  

Beto looked medicated.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Leave it to the Asian guy to take HAHA Gator's job away from him.

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If any of the candidates want to off Biden, they need the guts to repeatedly say Trump would never be president if it weren't for Biden's 8-year WH.

2 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

"White man use strange tongue." 

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"BUT RUSSSSSSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!"

(They got Tibs' vote)

*Writes in Rachel Maddow*

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I want to hear the Asian guy speaking Spanish.  And Gillibrand should update her muscle shirt to "Just trying to get some chipotle"

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Greatest Troll Ever :lol:

?

(and for anyone who doesn't know, the song is named Crazy Train, the levels of trolling are amazing)

Edited by Hedge
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

?

So much goodness. 

My favorite part is the pannicked voice of what I think is Elizabeth Warren "what's happening?!"  Worried she's going to be attacked by the pale faces undoubtedly. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How the ***** do you prosecute a hinted-at potential crime?

They're going to employ the old Soviet system of justice where all it takes is "well, he most likely would have done it."  These Democratic clowns have learned well from their leftist professors when they were in college.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Why did none of our lefty friends here comment on the debate?  ?

I did:

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I seriously don't think I've ever seen anything as cringe inducing in a debate as Beto was tonight.

Man, that guy is awful.

Castro sure helped himself, though.

Although I probably would not be considered a "friend" here.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The ONE person the DNC definitely does not want to win... so, all the talk is about Castro today (or Beto's stumbles) instead. 

She was also the only person asked to explain her past... not Warren. 

Seriously?

I like Gabbard and don't think she was Beto or Ryan bad, but she looked like a deer in headlights on that stage.

She stumbled multiple times and was too hesitant.

She had good answers and I like her, but presentation is a big part of the point in these debates, and she did poorly there.

If she makes it to the next debate, she has a lot to clean up.

One thing's for sure, Swallwell will make all other Democratic candidates look like power candidates tonight. He might even make Beto look competent.

John Delaney revealed last night why "Medicare For All" is never going to happen.

It either triggers a rash of hospital closures nationwide or puts the federal budget on an even more absurd deficit trajectory.  The hospitals that already have a large Medicare patient population are constantly on the brink of closure or end up closing.  For example, Hahnemann Hospital in Philadelphia announced closure yesterday.  The economics do not work.  You don't make money being a Medicare for All hospital presently.

Medicare reimburses medical costs substantially lower than commercial (private) insurance and there is constant pressure to reduce or freeze those reimbursements all the time.  

Instead of showing proof of health insurance, Obamacare should have required proof of you seeing a doctor for a checkup every year.  Healthcare sucks in this country because we have too many people seeing a doctor for the first time after the heart attack, after the Diabetes has taken a foot, after the cancer has spread, after the obesity creates the shortness of breath, etc.  

We require inspections on cars as a preventative measure in all 50 states. Unsure why a similar approach isn't used for human beings.