Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, snafu said:

(1) it is lech.

(2) look at the expressions on everyone not named Biden in that photo.  Looks like they all want to kick his ass.

Letch - definition of letch by The Free Dictionary

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/letch

letch also lech (lĕch) n. 1. A strong, especially sexual desire or craving. 2. A lecher. [Perhaps back-formation from obsolete letcher, variant of lecher.] letch (lɛtʃ) vb, n a variant spelling of lech [C18: perhaps back formation from lecher] letch or lech (lɛtʃ) Slang. n. 1. a lecherous desire or craving. 2. a lecher. v.i. 3. to behave like a ...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

letch also lech (lĕch) n. 1. A strong, especially sexual desire or craving. 2. A lecher. [Perhaps back-formation from obsolete letcher, variant of lecher.] letch (lɛtʃ) vb, n a variant spelling of lech [C18: perhaps back formation from lecher] letch or lech (lɛtʃ) Slang. n. 1. a lecherous desire or craving. 2. a lecher. v.i. 3. to behave like a ...

So "letch" is a variant of "lech."  So he was right, but you're still going to argue.  Good luck, Mr. Schiff.

In fact, I'm coining a new word for this: to "schiff," v., To argue past the point of being demonstrated wrong, in the mistaken belief that you can still win the argument.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So "letch" is a variant of "lech."  So he was right, but you're still going to argue.  Good luck, Mr. Schiff.

In fact, I'm coining a new word for this: to "schiff," v., To argue past the point of being demonstrated wrong, in the mistaken belief that you can still win the argument.

I'm glad you are just an idiot judge, not a vocabulary judge.

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just sayin'. 

Geez. 

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It amazes me that Biden is so clueless that he thinks these little faux pas won't come back to hit him in the ass.

Biden is old skool and remembers back when a complicit media industrial complex gave anyone with a (D) after their name a wink wink nudge nudge say no more free pass.  Granted they still do that but in the age of the Internets, the great unwashed masses have access to information previously withheld

18 hours ago, row_33 said:

Joe isn't a bad option if the, shudder, other side has a chance to win and run the country.....

Probably the best.

Nominating Biden would be capitulation akin to McCain/Romney.

I'm confident it's going to be Beto or Harris.

And if you feel like Trump is a shoe in to win re-election, you may as well win some money on it. He's currently at +130, which means you win 130 for every 100 wagered. So bet 10K and walk away with 23K.

In contrast, the D nominee is -160, which means you have to bet 160 to win 100 or 16K to win 10K.

And I can assure you that the betting market isn't partisan.

26 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

And if you feel like Trump is a shoe in to win re-election, you may as well win some money on it. He's currently at +130, which means you win 130 for every 100 wagered. So bet 10K and walk away with 23K.

In contrast, the D nominee is -160, which means you have to bet 160 to win 100 or 16K to win 10K.

In 2016, the betting markets predicted an 80% chance that Clinton would be elected

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/07/betting-sites-see-record-wagering-on-us-presidential-election.html

However I do agree that Trump's re-election is far from certain

27 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It sure was in November of 2016... 

Beto or Harris have zero shot to win nationally. Zero.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It sure was in November of 2016... 

Beto or Harris have zero shot to win nationally. Zero.

Too much cash involved to play politics. But looking back, Trump was as high as +550, which is crazy. Basically 10K would have returned 65K!

If they have no shot, you stand to make a killing.