Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's not running but hits on a common theme: 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eric-holder-when-did-you-think-america-was-great

He was AG... and it leads me to ask a question: If they hate this country so much, why do they want to run it?

Holder was always better at saying what Obama was thinking than Obama.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They stuck to it at the midterms and that turned out alright.

Disagree. The mid-terms was "We're going to impeach Trump." Impassioned base off a two-year meltdown got the Dems in.

Which is why Pelosi is on her mea culpa tour now that no one on the left REALLY wants to impeach Trump except for the nutbags like Waters and AOC.

4 hours ago, snafu said:

I think we agree to some extent on the effect that easy money has -- to keep the cost propped up.

But I think we may disagree on which came first.  In my opinion, the schools (competing with each other and marketing to kids) bounced their costs up.  Lesser schools followed in behind the leaders and so on down the line.  This made the cost go up across the board.  Only when people started to notice the precipitous rise did the government step in to increase funding programs that already existed. Please also note that my opinion is purely anecdotal at this point.

Competition makes Costs go down, not up. My daughters university has to compete for the same students with other similar universities. They do that by lowering costs, not raising them!

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Disagree. The mid-terms was "We're going to impeach Trump." Impassioned base off a two-year meltdown got the Dems in.

Which is why Pelosi is on her mea culpa tour now that no one on the left REALLY wants to impeach Trump except for the nutbags like Waters and AOC.

an incumbent President doesn't usually do well in his first mid-term

Obama and Slick got hammered but good in theirs, made them behave better

46 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Competition makes Costs go down, not up. My daughters university has to compete for the same students with other similar universities. They do that by lowering costs, not raising them!

They do that by offering money to applicants, not by lowering the sticker price. 

Just now, snafu said:

They do that by offering money to applicants, not by lowering the sticker price. 

It’s actually a bit of both. My daughter will tell you that the sticker price can be a major turn off when students are first shopping for a school. They have to attract customers just like every other business.

Good twitter thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/1111678823072854016

0TUm7pyk_bigger.jpg

1. Yesterday, I received a call from
who serves as managing editor of NBC/MSNBC politics. Dafna's conduct during the call was highly inappropriate and unethical. So what was the purpose of her call? She called me to bully me on behalf of the DNC.
1:17 PM · Mar 29, 2019 · Twitter Web Client
  • Like (+1) 4

Gee...looks  like Biden us called out for sexual harassment.

Be careful what you wish for, Dems, as you will surely get it.

Instead, he made me feel uneasy, gross, and confused. The vice-president of the United States of America had just touched me in an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners — and I felt powerless to do anything about it.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I already put the over/under at 2 weeks from when Uncle Joe announces until a woman comes forward and  says Uncle Joe grabbed her by the &$#@(9+ while taking a photo ala Al Franken  because a, look at Past photos, and b, that's how the game is now played.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

I already put the over/under at 2 weeks from when Uncle Joe announces until a woman comes forward and  says Uncle Joe grabbed her by the &$#@(9+ while taking a photo ala Al Franken  because a, look at Past photos, and b, that's how the game is now played.

I dunno. I watched the AG in VA get accused of rape and no one paid attention to it. In fact, all of those nutbags are still in offfice and literally no one is paying any attention to them.

So if the the AG can rape a chick in his hotel room and the Dems are okay with it, surely no one will care about Uncle Joe copping a feel.

20 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I dunno. I watched the AG in VA get accused of rape and no one paid attention to it. In fact, all of those nutbags are still in offfice and literally no one is paying any attention to them.

So if the the AG can rape a chick in his hotel room and the Dems are okay with it, surely no one will care about Uncle Joe copping a feel.

being part of the Dems means you are holy and even if you maybe did something wrong it was helping save the planet against the evil people that might disagree with you

39 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Good point. 

But the scenario you mentioned is different because the cat in VA was not running against women.   And if he quit as toxic masculinity men should, then a R would have been in and we can't have that.  When Al quit, another D took his place, which is cool.  And it cleared one less opponent for Gildebrand in 2020 so it was worth it.

It's all BS anyway.  Bill Clinton did the classic toxic masculinity thing of being in a powerful position and using it to get sex from an underling.  Yes Hillary and the Ds still think he's OK.  And, Hillary tried to destroy her.  If it weren't for Linda Tripp and the blue dress, Monica would either be in jail, an insane asylum, or dead.

Who was it that used to crow about 2 Americas?

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

You know who was never traumatized by telling a powerful man to knock it off?  Angela Merkel.

image1825087x.jpg

Maybe the problem is American women don't know how to stand up for themselves.

26 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Biden is an equal opportunity letch.

biden.jpg

(1) it is lech.

(2) look at the expressions on everyone not named Biden in that photo.  Looks like they all want to kick his ass.