Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

This is becoming Uncle Joe's Hillary's damn emails. 

There are now 2.  Elizabeth and Uncle Joe.

Although I must say I'm confused.  For the last 2 1/2 years I've been hearing when a woman make an accusation against a powerful privileged male, she is to be believed.  Yet my blue dog friends tell me its OK and the lady accuser is lying.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is becoming Uncle Joe's Hillary's damn emails. 

There are now 2.  Elizabeth and Uncle Joe.

Although I must say I'm confused.  For the last 2 1/2 years I've been hearing when a woman make an accusation against a powerful privileged male, she is to be believed.  Yet my blue dog friends tell me its OK and the lady accuser is lying.

the first consideration:

1) what political party does the person belong to?

if GOP, then even when nothing was done, it's evil

if Dem, then anything they do is fine

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

So... Who's next on the DNC hit list? The other old white guy?

I think I feel a Howard Dean scream type moment on the horizon for someone.

Will also be interesting to see who goes 6 for 6 in coin clips in Iowa in 9 months.

• Like (+1) 1

The grope-gate has opened.... 

It's definitely coming from her primary opponents. Based on tradition, I'll put even money on it being the Harris campaign who is being run by the Clinton machine and its lackeys. This is right from their playbook (projection). 

Sorry, Joe. You might be the first guy out and you haven't even declared yet.

I've gotta defend Joe here for a moment.  He might be guilty of being a bit "handsy" here and there but none of the allegations are anything more than ticky tac IMO.  Not unlike faux racism charges.  It'll be fun watching him getting attacked from within his party and getting a taste of his own leftist medicine.   The party of identity politics, victimhood and upside down priorities. 

Edited by keepthefaith

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I've gotta defend Joe here for a moment.  He might be guilty of being a bit "handsy" here and there but none of the allegations are anything more than ticky tac IMO.  Not unlike faux racism charges.  It'll be fun watching him getting attacked from within his party and getting a taste of his own leftist medicine.   The party of identity politics, victimhood and upside down priorities. 

He's got other problems.  Anita Hill, '88 campaign plagiarism scandal, pushed for the grand bargain as VP that would've cut entitlements which the Tea Party hilariousy killed,  voted for the '94 Crime Bill along with the Iraq War.  Trump will hammer him on the last one as Trump had the good futune of not being a Washington politician for 46 years like Biden.  Trump actually donated 1k to Biden's Senate campaign.

He does have some progressive legilsation accomplishments he can tout, but the negative usually overshadows the positive in politics.  If he doesn't face these sexual harassment allegations head on he's done.  Tepid apologies won't do the trick.  His only real strengths if he runs is name recognition, his ties to Obama (who is still around 90% popularity with Democrats), sympathy for the death of his son to brain cancer that will pull at the heart strings (cynical I know), and he is adept at talking to Joe Six Pack that Trump did way better with than Hillary.  I don't think he's the ideal candidate because he is a career estabishment politician, but he has a better shot than most.

This Biden thing is clearly a Dem hit job and they want two wins out of it. The first win is for the even more commie than Biden candidates and the second win is when they all blame Republicans.

For Pete's sake the women making the charges is a dem politician and the story is about right wing trolls.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's got other problems.  Anita Hill, '88 campaign plagiarism scandal, pushed for the grand bargain as VP that would've cut entitlements which the Tea Party hilariousy killed,  voted for the '94 Crime Bill along with the Iraq War.  Trump will hammer him on the last one as Trump had the good futune of not being a Washington politician for 46 years like Biden.  Trump actually donated 1k to Biden's Senate campaign.

He does have some progressive legilsation accomplishments he can tout, but the negative usually overshadows the positive in politics.  If he doesn't face these sexual harassment allegations head on he's done.  Tepid apologies won't do the trick.  His only real strengths if he runs is name recognition, his ties to Obama (who is still around 90% popularity with Democrats), sympathy for the death of his son to brain cancer that will pull at the heart strings (cynical I know), and he is adept at talking to Joe Six Pack that Trump did way better with than Hillary.  I don't think he's the ideal candidate because he is a career estabishment politician, but he has a better shot than most.

He is exactly who I picture when people talk about the swamp. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The grope-gate has opened.... 

It's definitely coming from her primary opponents. Based on tradition, I'll put even money on it being the Harris campaign who is being run by the Clinton machine and its lackeys. This is right from their playbook (projection). 

Sorry, Joe. You might be the first guy out and you haven't even declared yet.

I'll go one step further and say this is being done for the benefit of Hillary who is waiting for a "break glass in case of emergency" moment when the poll numbers of the other contenders slips into the mud.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I'll go one step further and say this is being done for the benefit of Hillary who is waiting for a "break glass in case of emergency" moment when the poll numbers of the other contenders slips into the mud.  

Hillary will enter at the last second, or maybe be drafted at the Convention.