Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Hillary will enter at the last second, or maybe be drafted at the Convention.

What will her slogan be this year?  "Oh no, not again?"  

Or maybe just "Four More Years?"

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

each child you bring to term you get an extra vote

Now that's just being mean to the Democrats. Can you imagine how conflicted that would make them? What do you think they would prefer, an extra vote or a dead kid?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now that's just being mean to the Democrats. Can you imagine how conflicted that would make them? What do you think they would prefer, an extra vote or a dead kid?

Who you kidding?  The true believers'll take the best of both worlds: the dead baby & the vote of the dead baby. ;)

Edited by Taro T

Seems like only yesterday the left was telling us to believe all women.

Now we don't believe the women who claimed they were raped by the VA Lt. Gov.

Now we don't believe the women who speak out about how inappropriate Biden is.

Now we don't believe anything Justin Trudeau says.

When are we supposed to start believing women again?

20 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Seems like only yesterday the left was telling us to believe all women.

Now we don't believe the women who claimed they were raped by the VA Lt. Gov.

Now we don't believe the women who speak out about how inappropriate Biden is.

Now we don't believe anything Justin Trudeau says.

When are we supposed to start believing women again?

Only when AOC tells you to.

Before that, shut up.

I don't really care about his Uncle Joe touch feely thing. 

I won't for him for the same reason I wouldn't vote for Hillary.  He got snookered by W Bush and Uncle Dick and has the blood of a million brown people on his hands.

When a politician makes a decision as horrendous as that one, he/she should admit it, apologize to the country, and go away never be seen or heard from again.

Decisive leadership:

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/joe-biden-advised-against-the-osama-bin-laden-raid/

Vice President Joe Biden confessed this weekend that he advised President Obama not to launch the mission that ultimately killed Osama bin Laden last spring.

During remarks at a Democratic congressional retreat this weekend, Biden explained that when it came time to make the final decision, he had some lingering uncertainties about whether the 9/11 mastermind was in the suspected compound in Pakistan.

When the president asked his top advisers for their final opinion on the mission, all of them were hesitant, except for the former CIA director, now Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Biden said.

"Every single person in that room hedged their bet except Leon Panetta. Leon said go. Everyone else said, 49, 51," Biden said, as he offered the unsolicited details of the decision-making process.

"He got to me. He said, 'Joe, what do you think?' And I said, 'You know, I didn't know we had so many economists around the table.' I said, 'We owe the man a direct answer. Mr. President, my suggestion is, don't go. We have to do two more things to see if he's there,'" Biden recalled.

Not lookin' good for the faux Indian...

Elizabeth Warren Loses Finance Director as She Struggles in Early Fund-Raising

On a Sunday afternoon earlier this month, Senator Elizabeth Warren began a swing through the South by proclaiming that she was running “a different type of campaign” — one that did not include high-dollar fund-raisers but was entirely reliant on grass-roots contributions.

“If you think that’s a good idea, go to ElizabethWarren.com,” she told about 500 people at a town hall-style event in Memphis, adding: “Pitch in five bucks, do whatever you can.”

The next morning she woke up to some news about a surge in small-dollar contributions, but it wasn’t for her: Former Representative Beto O’Rourke had raised $6.1 million in the first 24 hours of his candidacy.

It was another blow to a candidate who has spent the first months of the Democratic presidential primary campaign seeking to distinguish herself from the field: 

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not lookin' good for the faux Indian...

Elizabeth Warren Loses Finance Director as She Struggles in Early Fund-Raising

On a Sunday afternoon earlier this month, Senator Elizabeth Warren began a swing through the South by proclaiming that she was running “a different type of campaign” — one that did not include high-dollar fund-raisers but was entirely reliant on grass-roots contributions.

“If you think that’s a good idea, go to ElizabethWarren.com,” she told about 500 people at a town hall-style event in Memphis, adding: “Pitch in five bucks, do whatever you can.”

The next morning she woke up to some news about a surge in small-dollar contributions, but it wasn’t for her: Former Representative Beto O’Rourke had raised $6.1 million in the first 24 hours of his candidacy.

It was another blow to a candidate who has spent the first months of the Democratic presidential primary campaign seeking to distinguish herself from the field: 

</snip>

I think you'll see quite a few of these candidates bow out this month, quietly.  There's no serious donor money (saving it for Biden and absent him, the next best one) and they aren't independently wealthy so there's only so much they are going to personally loan to the campain.  

It wouldn't surprise me that the big Democrat money stays on the sidelines in 2020 for the Presidentail race.  I think the reason Biden hasn't declared is because this is a real possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

it's better than giving out one vote for every dollar paid to the government on your annual tax return