Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think they are beyond dumb for doing this.  

The hit on Biden is clearly dem orchestrated.  They can get away with it because whoever they go after is simply deemed the bad guy a la Kavanugh.  If it fails, their pawn accusers can just fade into the background, if it succeeds they clear the path for whatever idiot they are supporting.

Stuff like this gives them a second win because they can blame the whole thing that they orchestrated on Republicans.  Sound familiar?

Obviously we can't really know but although I find some of the Biden stuff creepy......especially the stuff with kids, I doubt he is actually some sort of predator.  Maybe there is something behind the scenes that makes him deserve this.....like he has been told to stop100 times, but it is probably a hit by a candidate with funds burning a hole in their pocket or some vindictive party leader who needs control over everything including the cloth that wipes it from memory.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He said in an interview that "American capitalism is the most productive economic force known to man" so he's definitely to the right of the Bernie Sanders type.

And to solve that problem we should be able to get health care provided by the government because reasons.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

When do national polls matter? Don't fool yourself.

Doc likes to quote a stat or poll to back up any opinion he gives on here.

most people are secure enough to say what they think without doing this

almost like talking to a young baseball fan who backs up his view that Joe DiMaggio was a good player with stats that don't really help the image i have already

Edited by row_33

When I think about where most of Scripture points me, it is toward defending the poor, and the immigrant, and the stranger, and the prisoner, and the outcast, and those who are left behind by the way society works. And what we have now is this exaltation of wealth and power, almost for its own sake, that in my reading of Scripture couldn’t be more contrary to the message of Christianity. So I think it’s really important to carry a message (to the public), knitting together a lot of groups that have already been on this path for some time, but giving them more visibility in the public sphere.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/03/mayor-pete-buttigieg-christian-right-2020-democratic-primary-trump-column/3342767002/

"I’m reluctant to comment on another person’s faith, but I would say it is hard to look at this president’s actions and believe that they’re the actions of somebody who believes in God,” he said. “I just don’t understand how you can be as worshipful of your own self as he is and be prepared to humble yourself before God. I’ve never seen him humble himself before anyone. And the exaltation of yourself, especially a self that’s about wealth and power, could not be more at odds with at least my understanding of the teachings of the Christian faith.”

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

When I think about where most of Scripture points me, it is toward defending the poor, and the immigrant, and the stranger, and the prisoner, and the outcast, and those who are left behind by the way society works. Oh, and 9-month old babies too. And what we have now is this exaltation of wealth and power, almost for its own sake, that in my reading of Scripture couldn’t be more contrary to the message of Christianity. So I think it’s really important to carry a message (to the public), knitting together a lot of groups that have already been on this path for some time, but giving them more visibility in the public sphere.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/03/mayor-pete-buttigieg-christian-right-2020-democratic-primary-trump-column/3342767002/

"I’m reluctant to comment on another person’s faith, but I would say it is hard to look at this president’s actions and believe that they’re the actions of somebody who believes in God,” he said. “I just don’t understand how you can be as worshipful of your own self as he is and be prepared to humble yourself before God. I’ve never seen him humble himself before anyone. And the exaltation of yourself, especially a self that’s about wealth and power, could not be more at odds with at least my understanding of the teachings of the Christian faith.”

They forgot one.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:32 PM, Heavy Kevi said:

If I was a democrat, I would be hoping for someone who could transcend the swamp, the obstruction, the impeachment nonsense, and focus on real governance instead of drama, branding, and scare tactics. These things worked for Trump because that's his brand, and he ran in the dispassionate R party. The dems will lose credibility and status as the self appointed "good guys" if they nominate someone like that.

there was something to appeal to a nation in the personas of Bill Clinton and Obama

i don't see that in any of the current candidtaes

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

there was something to appeal to a nation in the personas of Bill Clinton and Obama

i don't see that in any of the current candidtaes

There was something to appeal to a nation in the persona of Trump: "Not Hillary."

The current candidates have the same appeal, in addition to "not Trump."

And Beto is just dreamy, apparently.  :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There was something to appeal to a nation in the persona of Trump: "Not Hillary."

the DNC has had a progressive ***** conniption fit over Papa Bush, then W, then Trump winning over their pet candidates

can't wait to see the next GOP winner that makes Trump seem more plausible to the DNC

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Beto looks like a thumb with teeth.  

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Beto looks like a thumb with teeth.  

the first time i saw Slick Willie on TV i thought, ***** the Dems now have a national candidate, even after losing 5 of 6 elections

there was another Southernish governor at the time in his mold, but he must have been sacrificed/dispatched from his dreams

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sorry, its just true that Liberals have the moral high ground. Trump and the evangelical phonies can't even pretend to be moral anymore. It's all cult worship now for them 

Doctor: Mrs. Olsen, your baby was born alive, do you want me to keep it that way or kill it?

Mrs. Olsen: I don't know, what do you think, Doc?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

There will never be another Democrat POTUS again.  There will be just Republican after Republican.  It will be glorious.  Like Mexican politics.  A gloriously conservative uropua!

Signed,

The Whacky PPP Right.

i expect a cycle of 2 terms for each party, the switch being just for the sake of change

hope the Dems get remotely serious about a real leader for 2024

Edited by row_33

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i expect a cycle of 2 terms for each party, the switch being just for the sake of change

hope the Dems get remotely serious about a real leader for 2024

Seriously... Looking at the one term anomaly.  Not winning the cities... The urban vote... Trump will have to get tighter behind the Blue Firewall.  Doesn't look like He's gaining, but losing that IA-WI-MI-PA Electoral strategy.

We shall see. Very polarized between country and city.  And... They don't vote on Pikes Peak.

How many angry Boomers will have kicked the bucket between 2016-2020?