Bills vs. Packers 1st Half Game Day Thread

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

So far today Allen looks like every terrible scouting report we read on him before the draft. 

I hope he can settle down during half time, come out and play a respectable 2nd half because right now he doesn’t look like he’s ready to be starting in the NFL, to be perfectly honest. 

Kid just struggling today. He just looks like a rookie in over his head with no help around him. 

I really hope we see something in this second half. I’d like to be able to take something, anything positive from this game. I am usually pretty good at finding something positive in all the negative. But so far today I got nothing... 

I’m not saying this is all on Daboll but he calls a 5 yard out on 3rd and 5, Defense was ready it was a tough throw....

Calls a 5 yard hitch in 1st down easily completed. 

Point is the offense is running a lot of 10-15 routes when it’s not necessary. Run a 3 yd hitch on 1st down. Put a man in motion and run a sprint out quick out on 1st down.

Asking Allen to take 5 step drops and read Defenses this early is not fair. Get the ball out quick 

• Like (+1) 2

Allen hasnt played well either but what do you honestly expect when every time you take a drop someone is in your face? The ones that are more concerning to me are when he actually has time he still wants to roll out instead of stepping up. 

We have by far the worst wr group in the league too. Even when kb manages to catch the  ball he still almost fumbles. There is absolutely no way we should resign him. No way. 

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

2nd career road start  Line not playing great.  Daboll not calling his best game.  Lets see if the rookie curls up or plays through the pressure in the 2nd half

Tough to fly like an eagle when surrounded by ducks, scrubs and Moas. Receivers that can't catch. a run game that can't get 3 yards in 2x try's. a play caller attempting to get his QB killed. It's not just Allen as the entire team stinks! 

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

16 points is not that bad.  Offense needs to score some F’N points.  1 TD and Bills are back in.  I don’t think that will happen though

Don’t worry I read in this thread that robert foster, future hall of famer, is getting open “all the time.” So I am sure he’ll have a big 2nd half.

1 minute ago, billsintaiwan said:

Every time I check this board when we're losing, I am convinced that 80% of you don't deserve a winning football team.

You idiots would have cut John Elway.

It's a part of the growing pains that we have to endure and most of this fan base doesn't have the patience to go thru it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....ignorant thoughts like these are better kept a secret.......good Lord........but you should be commended for exhaustive rumination on his extensive body of QB work at the NFL level......Jack "Kemp" (RIP) would be ashamed of you sullying his name..............

If you think that if Allen fails as a QB, it wouldn't be possibly the biggest bust draft pick in Bills history, you shouldn't be evaluating how to cross the street, let alone football decisions.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Is this game on the road?

You've mentioned that now in about 9 posts.

Hey, trying to put some perspective into your thick skulls. Your over reactions and hot takes are more annoying than Fouts and the nerd next to him. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50

It's not about Allen being good or bad. This offense is so devoid of talent, and direction. The fact that the staff is even in the position that they have to start Allen is ridiculous. He's not ready. With proper direction Allen MIGHT be great, but he ain't getting it here.

This is Webster's dictionary "thrown to the wolves" exhibit A

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Why do people gets so angry with each other when the bills are sucking? This should be fully expected with a rookie qb and crap recievers. Hopefully the bills can at least make a game of it 

Right? We get blown out 2 out of 3 games and then are surprised when we're losing to Green Bay.

i dont see much Allen 'hate' on here. its certainly OK to criticize.Thats the nature of fandom. I think he is still a winner with a winners attitude.Its a combo of coaching,bad WRs and yes inexperience and inherent inaccuracy problems.Guy obviously has the potential though.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This is ridiculous.

On many occasions Allen is running out of the pocket before any pressure breaks. If he simply steps up he'd have no pressure on him. He is stepping into pressure at times.

Oh right cause on the play when he threw the pick nobody was on him as soon as the ball was snapped? Horrible throw but cmon

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

His point wasn't incorrect.

The fact that you're nitpicking his atrocious English verifies that.

I never claimed his point to be incorrect.  What you are wrong about is that nitpicking English would verify anything about the validity of his statement one way or the other.

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

I never claimed his point to be incorrect.  What you are wrong about is that nitpicking English would verify anything about the validity of his statement one way or the other.

Attacking the English is usually the first step of the man on the incorrect end.

But, point taken.