Bills vs. Vikings Post Game Thread

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

Hughes was great today.  He looked like an elite edge rusher.  Pass rush overall was outstanding.  Don’t know where it came from.

Hughes is like this more often than not. Some LTs are just a little worse with speed rush than others. 

Hughes has quietly been the most intense disruptive player in the team for a while. 

Finally they played some good football...

The defense was lights out today. Hughes was living back there with Cousins. The line as a unit was getting great pressure all game. That guy Reiff where Hughes had that man's number all game... 

Tre White is a bonafide stud. The secondary really benefitted from the front 7 dominating Minnesota's O line. That strong play up front trickled back into the secondary. Also seems Frazier was calling the D so maybe he's salvageable. His defense played awesome today. Let's hope they can keep it up... We definitely look like a different team when they're playing good. Seems like Edmunds learned a lot last week as I didn't see him really make any big mistakes this game either.

Idk what happened as far as our O line goes they played much better this week. Maybe Allen and Bodine did a better job setting up his pass pro... I didn't see many omgwtf why wasn't that block picked up moments this game. Major improvement. I'm hoping those guys get better every week as they get more games in together as a unit.

Our QB is learning hes progressing and that's great for us. They got themselves a damn good QB. I saw major improvement with his reads, he kept himself protected, and man he had some nice throws. He can only get better imo

The only blight was the WRs... Idk WTH is going on with Benjamin he needs to start pine tarring his hands or something. It's kinda becoming a thing with him the dropped passes. Same with the other guys too Jones, Clay, and Foster have all dropped passes that were right in their hands.  Hopefully McDermott gets onto the WRs about the drops it's become a common theme though 3 weeks of ball now.

Penalties we're cleaned up. Another major plus because those were getting us too. Seems they've tightened that up this week and that's proof the coaches are doing their job.

Special teams look we had the same situation as last week the ball lands inside the 5... We downed it. So that was nice to see that. Also the special teams was playing pretty well all game. We had some nice field position throughout the game.

Overall a big win for us. Man we needed it. I wasn't expecting them to win but I did expect a tough game. I didn't think they'd just roll over after two bad weeks of ball and press. I was hoping they'd take the field with chips on their shoulders and want to shut some of the criticism they've taken so far down a notch. They did too... They shut the whole Vikings fanbase up along with it haha. 

Awesome game really encouraging. Definitely gives me hope that this season isn't going to be as horrible as those first two weeks left me to believe. If this team keeps learning and progressing together whew look out. I'm just going to enjoy this W and hope for the best!  Thank you to the Bills for making my Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Zimmer is a friggin’ moron.  None of the NFL coaches play their starters in the preseason fearing injury, then this idiot goes out and keeps his starters in until the end of a game that was over by the start of the 4th quarter. 

I thought that was weird  I guess he felt they needed that one td to be able to go out and play next week  They are on a short week as well

This was a good win and after the first two games, it was unexpected and a nice change.  Yes, there were dropped passes and other things; but up until half way through the 4thQ, Buffalo was pitching a shut out on the road.  Save the criticism for the next loss, right now its sit back, relax and enjoy the win.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hughes is like this more often than not. Some LTs are just a little worse with speed rush than others. 

Hughes has quietly been the most intense disruptive player in the team for a while. 

I agree.  That’s why I was completely opposed to trading him away.  A lot of people were talking about Hughes as a throw-in in a possible Khalil Mack trade, but he was every bit as disruptive as Mack today.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

We’ve seen some downs, and now some serious up, get ready for more of both. 

Same as last year. This team has a few pieces in place (QB, Tre White, Harrison, Edmunds) and now the building around them begins. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

GB WR’s are dropping a lot of balls today.  Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle for a second week.  We then have winnable games.  I don’t want to hear on NFLR tomorrow just keep saying all day MN lost that game vs. the Bills won it.  We outplayed them in all three phases of the game.

Truth

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24774007/buffalo-bills-shock-unbeaten-minnesota-vikings-pull-largest-nfl-upset-23-years

The Buffalo Bills on Sunday pulled off the biggest NFL upset in 23 years -- and they did it in convincing fashion, routing the heavily favored Minnesota Vikings 27-6.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This kid has issues.  No wonder why he still lives with his parents.  Sad.

That kid sounds like half the people here the past two weeks.

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You know 35% of the posters on this board are this guy. 

Damn you officer donut. You beat me to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

100%  Never about him when things go well. He's the real deal. Up or down, we need to stick with this guy. The arrow is pointing up.

My wife put it really well. (She’s a great manager herself.) She noticed McDermott never gets too high or too low during the games, no matter how they’re going. He just maintains a very even-keeled intensity.