Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cleveland has a -3 point PF/PA differential

Bills are at -55, that's right, 55, fifty five, more points allowed than scored.

We never approached that, the 3 years TT was here.

Unless your point is that Tyrod and the Browns are doing better right now than the Bills are or simply to lose yourself in admiration of your rhapsodic bloviation, I'm not sure -

What IS Your Point?

Last season we lost to the Saints by 37 a week after getting pummeled by the Jets.  The BILLS trailed the Jets 34-6 with less than 7 minutes to go in the fourth quarter before scoring a couple of meaningless TDs against the Jets' 4th stringers.  So you're pretty much dead wrong about that.

17 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The thing that irks me on the whole Josh deal is we are pretty much doing EXACTLY the same with Josh as we did with EJ.  First we signed a PROJECT QB. Then we ran off the incumbent Vet starter that could have started some games and helped the new guy.  For EJ it was Fitz and for Josh of course Hotrod.  We even did it for the same reason.  "they make too much moeny."  (they didn't).  then we sign some off the shelf vet and they don't even make it out of pre season.  So we start the season with the new QB plus another inexperienced schmuck as backup.  EJ had Tuel Time.  Josh had Nasty Nate. Then we had to start him (before he's ready) because he's all we got.

Talk about dong the same thing and expecting different results.

Yeah... kinda hinted at that myself at the end of the post.

Josh looks more emotionally and mentally tough than EJ, though.

He also looks like a much more natural thrower of the football.

And a better leader.

But who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Last season we lost to the Saints by 37 a week after getting pummeled by the Jets.  The BILLS trailed the Jets 34-6 with less than 7 minutes to go in the fourth quarter before scoring a couple of meaningless TDs against the Jets' 4th stringers.  So you're pretty much dead wrong about that.

A fair point.  I meant the cumulative PF/PA total in the season to date, but I acknowledge I did not state that clearly.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And a better leader.

But who knows?

We will hope he is all of those things.  Nothing else to do.  Except get the Popcorn...Again.

27 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The thing that irks me on the whole Josh deal is we are pretty much doing EXACTLY the same with Josh as we did with EJ.  First we signed a PROJECT QB. Then we ran off the incumbent Vet starter that could have started some games and helped the new guy.  For EJ it was Fitz and for Josh of course Hotrod.  We even did it for the same reason.  "they make too much moeny."  (they didn't).  then we sign some off the shelf vet and they don't even make it out of pre season.  So we start the season with the new QB plus another inexperienced schmuck as backup.  EJ had Tuel Time.  Josh had Nasty Nate. Then we had to start him (before he's ready) because he's all we got.

Talk about dong the same thing and expecting different results.

Tyrod had to go because there were too many dopes on the Bills who thought he was good.

18 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Unless you think Tyrod would've strapped on a helmet and played CB, I don't care about points allowed.

My point is that Tyrod still sucks in Cleveland, and even though there were whispers about how he was going to get them between 6-8 wins, he's already about to be benched for sucking and not being able to meet the lofty goal of winning a single game for the Browns.

The Steelers turned it over 6 times to the Browns and Tuh managed a tie.  Incredible stuff.

Dude's still gone.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Unfortunately, no one ever thinks the QB is good on teams like those.

There's a world of difference between not being an elite QB and not having a talent to play the game. 

Taylor can play the game, at least as well as most of the average to better QBs in the NFL. Hell, this year he's been on the same field as two sure-fire, first time Hall of Fame QBs and he's played at least as well as both of them.

Numbers weren't great. But he could have won both games if he wasn't paired up with a historically bad place kicker. No excuses. He tossed a pick and it cost his team the game. I'm betting that the Browns do in fact win 8 games and possibly their division.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If not for a terrible kicker, Browns would be 2-0.  

Meanwhile, Bills have lowest points scored in the league and have also allowed the most points in the league.  We started the worst QB in NFL history week 1 and had a player retire at halftime week 2.  

Bills fans are literally the last people on Earth that should be mocking another team or player right now given what we have put on the field so far.

Second, who the hell cares, Tyrod is gone, some people need to let it go or seek therapy to help them cope with their PTSD (Post Tyrod Stress Disorder).

Wouldnt that be Arizona?

40 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Cardinals.

Ah beat me to it

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

There's a world of difference between not being an elite QB and not having a talent to play the game. 

Taylor can play the game, at least as well as most of the average to better QBs in the NFL. Hell, this year he's been on the same field as two sure-fire, first time Hall of Fame QBs and he's played at least as well as both of them.

Numbers weren't great. But he could have won both games if he wasn't paired up with a historically bad place kicker. No excuses. He tossed a pick and it cost his team the game. I'm betting that the Browns do in fact win 8 games and possibly their division.

Image result for laughing gif

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

How's that working out?

I got to be pleasantly surprised with the positives I saw out of Josh Allen instead of watching Tyrod tragically piss away 6 forced TOs to a tie game.

Give me Josh Allen every day over the week over a never-has-been Tyrod puking all over the field to a 4-12 record.

Edited by BringBackOrton

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I got to be pleasantly surprised with the positives I saw out of Josh Allen instead of watching Tyrod tragically piss away 6 forced TOs to a tie game.

Give me Josh Allen every day over the week over a never-has-been Tyrod puking all over the field to a 4-12 record.

Good for you.  You got what you want.

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A fair point.  I meant the cumulative PF/PA total in the season to date, but I acknowledge I did not state that clearly.

Not sure it matters either way.  The cumulative scores of the games I'm talking about were 81-31.  That's 50 points different and the games weren't actually even that close.  The BILLS weren't in either game for even a drive. 

The worst part was the Jets were coming off 3 straight losses going into that game and spiraling downward quickly.  They stacked the box and just dared TT to throw the ball.  The result was a 34-6 lead late in the fourth.  TT followed up that performance with an even  bigger turd against the Saints.  The only TD in the Saints game was on the last drive, when Peterman was in at QB because Taylor had FIFTY SIX YARDS PASSING.  FIFTY SIX.   In an NFL game.  In 2017.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What I'm saying is that if their plan was to draft a QB in that draft, whoever their QB may have been, the choice to draft a QB or keep Fitz weren't mutually exclusive.

We could have done both.  There was no reason to let Fitz go.

Manuel probably never would have had it in him to be a viable NFL starting QB.  He's just too emotionally and mentally frail.  I agree with you there.  I think Trent Edwards had a better chance to be a Franchise QB than Manuel if he didn't get knocked the !@#$ out by Adrian Wilson in Arizona.  But those chances would have at least increased if he sat behind a smart, tough vet like Fitz and, at worst, we could have just kept playing Fitz.

Ok. This makes a lot of sense. 

Personally I very much doubt that EJ would have benefitted by sitting behind a smart vet like Fitz for a few years but anything is possible. Neither Tyrod or EJ suit up as Bills anymore so for most purposes beyond casual interest they need not be discussed. But the EJ experience continues to be of significant relevance to the Bills today IMO and worthy of consideration because of Josh Allen, who we all hope and pray will not wind up like EJ. 

There are obvious similarities. Both players have all the physical tools that coaches and scouts value. Big, powerfully built, strong armed, mobile. Both have good intangibles and can credibly audition to be the face of a franchise. Both have issues relating to accuracy, footwork, mechanics, the ability to throw WRs open, to make pre and post snap reads, to recognize blitzes, to sense pressure. Allen (at WYO) like EJ, is so far pretty much a "see it and throw it" QB. Both players played in dumbed down Os in college. That doesn't really work in the NFL. 

And of course fortunately there are also important differences. EJ benefitted from excellent coaching at FSU. Allen not so much. EJ, as you correctly point out, has a fragile ego. He did not take well to coaching. He would internalize it as criticism. Alan is a much stronger leader on the field and is very coachable. EJ was physically tough. He played with a broken leg against Notre Dame. But he was not mentally tough. Allen is physically and mentally tough. Both EJ and Allen can run, but EJ was not very quick and agile. He needed to get going before his top gear kicked in. Allen has the quickness that should enable him to move in, around and out of the pocket (and earn crucial first downs) in ways that EJ was never able to do. Quick reactions at the QB position are much more important than straight line speed (not that Allen is slow, far from it). For whatever reason I felt EJ was reluctant to run at times. Allen not so much.

IMO Allen, for all the challenges he will have to face and overcome, is a much better prospect than EJ was. When I see him hit a post route before the WR breaks open (something EJ was never able to do) that when I'll know we have our guy.

30 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tyrods numbers are very close to Allen with Tyrpd getting the slight edge.

Actually Josh looked a lot like Hotrod out there.  Bad passes. Running with the football.  Not seeing open WRs.  Getting sacked a lot.  Holding onto the ball. Sub 300 yards ...

Actually Josh looked a lot like Hotrod out there.  Bad passes. Running with the football.  Not seeing open WRs.  Getting sacked a lot.  Holding onto the ball. Sub 300 yards ...

He did actually only not as good a runner but with a substantially stronger arm. 

I thin it is safe after 6-7 years Tyrod's ceiling has already been reached, Allen has a long long long way to go to improve.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

well as a rookie lets hope he still doesn't look like him in 7 years?

I have a good feeling he wont.

actually, no. Allen looked nothing like Tyrod. Allen displays a calm and awareness in the pocket that Tyrod will never have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And a better leader.

But who knows?

I was just expounding on your point which has been bugging me for a while.

How exactly does Josh look more emotionally and mentally tough than EJ?  I don't see it.

How is he a better leader?  Not sure about that one yet.

And yes he can throw the football a country mile and 90 mph.  How many points do you get for that?  He needs to work on his accuracy.  A guy that can throw it a country mile but can't hit a bull in the fanny with a bag of rice is not a QB, he's a freak show.

Hopefully this works out.

Go BILLS !!

7 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Isn't tyrod at the bottom of the leage in QB Passer Rating? Like literally only one spot ahead of our brand new rookie Josh Allen? Lets talk about it.

He is currently @ number 25.....a tad bit of a jump from 31-32 i guess......

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

I'm sorry, would you like another topic entitled "McD has lost this team AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!" filled with prose that is the literary equivalent of diarrhea?

I would thank you to NOT do that.

Thank you to all of you out there who manage to not shart all over the board! (Yes, the bar is quite low.) 

It will be a fine day when we can put Tyrod behind us and rejoice in the greatness that is Josh Allen. (I hope.) 

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lo and behold my children, the miracle of Tyrod Taylor.  Gone are the foolish OC's, your Greg Roman's, your Anthony Lynn's, your Rick Dennison's.  Yes, these men all had promising career's before Tyrod but he exposed them as the hacks they are!  Gone are the terrible weapons of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Clay, Benjamin, Shady.  I ask, were any of these players successful at any point in their careers without Tyrod manning the QB station? The results speak for themselves!

Behold what Tyrod has accomplished going to a competent organization chock full of first round picks and cap space.  An organization who needed a QB that was a pillar of stability.  Surround him with weapons, with WR's who have had career success or were highly drafted, with a HB group that can beat you several different ways, with a promising OL, and a defense filled to the brim with talent.  Look upon Tyrod's works, ye mighty, and despair!

image.thumb.png.541fd71fd76bb666cded3e8107788509.png

You thought the two time ninth AFC Pro Bowl alternate would fail?  Repent!

0-1-1

1-32-1

what is competent about EITHER of those two numbers 

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lo and behold my children, the miracle of Tyrod Taylor.  Gone are the foolish OC's, your Greg Roman's, your Anthony Lynn's, your Rick Dennison's.  Yes, these men all had promising career's before Tyrod but he exposed them as the hacks they are!  Gone are the terrible weapons of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Clay, Benjamin, Shady.  I ask, were any of these players successful at any point in their careers without Tyrod manning the QB station? The results speak for themselves!

Behold what Tyrod has accomplished going to a competent organization chock full of first round picks and cap space.  An organization who needed a QB that was a pillar of stability.  Surround him with weapons, with WR's who have had career success or were highly drafted, with a HB group that can beat you several different ways, with a promising OL, and a defense filled to the brim with talent.  Look upon Tyrod's works, ye mighty, and despair!

image.thumb.png.541fd71fd76bb666cded3e8107788509.png

You thought the two time ninth AFC Pro Bowl alternate would fail?  Repent!

Lo and behold what Tyrod has accomplished this season...an 0-1-1 record.  Because when the game's on the line, he still can't get it done, any more then he could in Buffalo.

The guy that can't win a game that's close late...still can't win a game that's close late.  Repent!

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

8 years a pro versus 1.5 game. 

Nice analysis 

i just go by results and what I see on the field in a real game. The rest of it and $5 can buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  I hope the kid improves and turns out to be good. So far, he aint, but it's early.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Lo and behold what Tyrod has accomplished this season...an 0-1-1 record.  Because when the game's on the line, he still can't get it done, any more then he could in Buffalo.

The guy that can't win a game that's close late...still can't win a game that's close late.  Repent!

so the guy has to win without a kicker too?  Had he been able to take Haushka with him to Cleveland with him, they would be 2-0 right now.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

i just go by results and what I see on the field in a real game. The rest of it and $5 can buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  I hope the kid improves and turns out to be good. So far, he aint, but it's early.

so the guy has to win without a kicker too?  Had he been able to take Haushka with him to Cleveland with him, they would be 2-0 right now.

If you give Cleveland a kicker, you have to give Pittsburgh one too.  At which point the Steelers win in OT because Tyrod threw a pick trying to get into field game range at the end of regulation, and Pitt's kicker had the earlier OT attempt.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Nice to see Tyrod struggling makes up for the ****ty state of the Bills for a lot of the fans here.

"Our team !@#$ing blows.... let me critique Tyrod so I feel better."

Well, I tend not to comment on Tyrod.  He'd gone.  Buuuuuut, when someone puts up a post like the OP...they're just asking for it.

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I just go by results and what I see on the field in a real game. The rest of it and $5 can buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  I hope the kid improves and turns out to be good. So far, he aint, but it's early.

Starbucks??  Who the hell goes there.  

(Besides the Champions of Tyrod)

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

For crissakes. If Josh Allen still looks like Taylor in his 8th year in the league, you’ll have a legit reason to gripe about it.