Will anything change before week 2?

Unfortunately we all saw the game today. The list of things that went wrong, wouldn’t fit on page 1 of this message board. There is nothing we can do about Baltimore now. That ship has sailed and sadly all of us are now faced with a week of shame and embarrassment. My question is, will anything change before the next game? 

Will the Bills make a change at DC?

This Defense will not get better. That is the scariest thing of all IMO. The players we have on the defensive side of the ball are not the issue. We get no pressure on the QB. Not just today....ever. All last year, all preseason and all day today. We run a soft zone on every single play. Every veteran QB has a lifetime to stand comfortably and shred our pass defense. To top it off, we also can’t stop the run consistently. Other then forcing turnovers, this defense does nothing well. We need to make a change at DC and I don’t care if it’s only week 1. Let McDermott call the defense and name some position group coach, the DC.

Will we bring in an offensive lineman?

The offense is terrible. That’s a general observation but I feel it’s fairly appropriate. The biggest reason IMO is that we can’t block anybody. This is not going to change with the same group of players. Vlad Ducasse has been terrible for his entire career and a running joke among jet fans. It’s year 9. The lights not coming on. How he has constantly got playing time here and multiple years starting is inexcusable. Get a guard in here or start someone else and I literally don’t care who it is. Not the guy we are playing. That’s a start. Miller sucks too. It might end up being more benificial to play Groy at guard. I don’t care how we do it, we have to change something on the line.

Will we bring in a WR?

No separation and no ability to make plays on the football. That pretty much describes every WR the Bills have on the roster. How is anyone supposed to evaluate a QB, when he has nobody to throw to? I don’t care how we get one, find at least 1 WR that can start in the NFL. Obviously the most realistic way is going to be peeling off a draft pick and trading for a guy. The Bills need to stop acting like actual talent and skill is overrated . There is such a lack of physical ability from our WR position, it’s sickening. We have plenty of draft picks and there are plenty of guys in the league that are upgrades. This group of WRs is embarrassing and won’t help either of our QBs do anything positive.

Will the Bills change anything? Or will they trot out the same garbage in our home opener and get booed off the field?

Jonathan Cooper is the first call I make. Get another guard ready to start now. Then figure out if you can get more with Bodine at center and Groy at guard or Groy at C and Teller at G. Then Matt Moore just to have another guy. Dez is someone I’d want but know it will never happen.

12 minutes ago, mabden said:

The only thing changing is Allen starts.

I wouldn’t put it past them to start Peterman again

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What is the purpose of bringing in a WR when your QB is being planted before you can count to 1 Mississippi ?

You can call the o-line turnstyles, matadors or anything in the English language with the exception of pass protectors. It was brutal to watch.

Might as well just start every lineman on the team and direct snap the ball to McCoy.

Just now, frostbitmic said:

What is the purpose of bringing in a WR when your QB is being planted before you can count to 1 Mississippi ?

You can call the o-line turnstyles, matadors or anything in the English language with the exception of pass protectors. It was brutal to watch.

Might as well just start every lineman on the team and direct snap the ball to McCoy.

The game was a dumpster fire but OL is way down on the list of problems I saw.  

They gave Peterman time.  He just couldn’t/wouldn’t make the throws needed.  The Ravens played base defense like it was the red zone due to their complete disrespect of NP and we couldn’t run because of stacked fronts, couldn’t throw because of press man and as a result couldn’t move the ball until Allen came in.  

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Unfortunately we all saw the game today. The list of things that went wrong, wouldn’t fit on page 1 of this message board. There is nothing we can do about Baltimore now. That ship has sailed and sadly all of us are now faced with a week of shame and embarrassment. My question is, will anything change before the next game? 

This Defense will not get better. That is the scariest thing of all IMO. The players we have on the defensive side of the ball are not the issue. We get no pressure on the QB. Not just today....ever. All last year, all preseason and all day today. We run a soft zone on every single play. Every veteran QB has a lifetime to stand comfortably and shred our pass defense. To top it off, we also can’t stop the run consistently. Other then forcing turnovers, this defense does nothing well. We need to make a change at DC and I don’t care if it’s only week 1. Let McDermott call the defense and name some position group coach, the DC.

The offense is terrible. That’s a general observation but I feel it’s fairly appropriate. The biggest reason IMO is that we can’t block anybody. This is not going to change with the same group of players. Vlad Ducasse has been terrible for his entire career and a running joke among jet fans. It’s year 9. The lights not coming on. How he has constantly got playing time here and multiple years starting is inexcusable. Get a guard in here or start someone else and I literally don’t care who it is. Not the guy we are playing. That’s a start. Miller sucks too. It might end up being more benificial to play Groy at guard. I don’t care how we do it, we have to change something on the line.

Will we bring in a WR?

No separation and no ability to make plays on the football. That pretty much describes every WR the Bills have on the roster. How is anyone supposed to evaluate a QB, when he has nobody to throw to? I don’t care how we get one, find at least 1 WR that can start in the NFL. Obviously the most realistic way is going to be peeling off a draft pick and trading for a guy. The Bills need to stop acting like actual talent and skill is overrated . There is such a lack of physical ability from our WR position, it’s sickening. We have plenty of draft picks and there are plenty of guys in the league that are upgrades. This group of WRs is embarrassing and won’t help either of our QBs do anything positive.

Will the Bills change anything? Or will they trot out the same garbage in our home opener and get booed off the field?

I don't know how you can conclude that no WR can get any separation with the camera angles that are shown on TV.

It is almost impossible to tell, most of the time, what any WR is doing downfield.

The big question is whether or not we will start Allen in Game 2.

I am not sure.  I can make an argument for why this coaching staff might play him, or not play him.

Rivers is going to carve this Defense up next week. I don’t know how we are going to prevent that from happening with this zone. There is nobody on this team that can get to the qb and the corners and LBs are just handing these WRs anything they want over the middle. The offense is terrible but there is no talent. The defense is more frustrating to me because there are guys on the backend that can play.

31 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

There really isn't much to be done at this stage tbh, this team lacks talent.  There is a reason vegas and the national media were saying worst team in the NFL this season. 

There are available players that can help us. There are coaches that can be fired and there are players that can be benched. Its 1 game. You don’t just fold up. Keep trying to get better until you get it right. Both the oline coach and DC have shown enough in the last 18 games to be let go.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are available players that can help us. There are coaches that can be fired and there are players that can be benched. Its 1 game. You don’t just fold up. Keep trying to get better until you get it right. Both the oline coach and DC have shown enough in the last 18 games to be let go.

Yeah, I mean when you start talking about firing coaches after the first game, kind of in tire fire territory.

4 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Yeah, I mean when you start talking about firing coaches after the first game, kind of in tire fire territory.

Did you see the game today? We are well past that

3 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

They sucked today, but don't underestimate the impact of having Allen in there can have on this team's psyche. I expect them to play much better next week, assuming Allen starts.

The entire team sucks. The defense is going to get tracks laid on it again and put us in bad spots all game. They set the tone today and after a 3 and out, it was off to the races. This game was over with 6 mins left in the first quarter. We need changes beyond QB

Not sure but I'd be shocked if this GM stood pat. Some of these guys are interchangeable parts worth swapping out to see if someone on the streets is any better. 

Allen doesn't make the OL better. And maybe, just maybe, Peterman sucks because the WR, like many positions, were not upgraded and weren't actually open, which I suspect will be clear when the All-22 dorks come out of their basements. This rush to start Allen should, based on the logic, include a rush to start anyone but McCoy. Oh wait, McCoy's untouchable right and we can blame the OL for his problems but not for Peterman. Got it.

They'll be 0-4 before it turns October.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Will we bring in a WR?

We're not "bringing in" anything at this late date unless you want to trade away what is looking like the top pick in the draft to bring in a mediocre talent.

Edited by GreggTX

23 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Did you see the game today? We are well past that

The entire team sucks. The defense is going to get tracks laid on it again and put us in bad spots all game. They set the tone today and after a 3 and out, it was off to the races. This game was over with 6 mins left in the first quarter. We need changes beyond QB

Yeah, they are lacking.

But Allen provides a psychological lift for the entire team, defense too. 

I believe they will play significantly better.

We shall see, and if I'm wrong, beat me up on here. I can take it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

WHAT? If there are potentially better options on the street, we already gave them the once over. We will do better, but it will be a long, painful year. Next year is full of cap space and draft picks and lollipops! This year we suffer and look for bright spots....

Teller will start over Ducasse.  Allen will start. And Davis will start at RCB.  

I would not be surprised to see Zay not dress.  He does not play ST's and he does not have deep speed.  Only Foster can beat defenses deep.  I would not be surprised to see Coleman signed back.  

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

Every longtime Bills fan has mental issues. It comes with the territory.

Yeah that most aggravating part about today is that I know I’ll still be sitting there watching this ****, even if I don’t want to. I don’t want to just sign up for being ok with being terrible this early. Play Allen that’s fine, but try to help him and actually win.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not going anywhere. Never was. Believe me, if I could give this **** up I would have long before this year. I’m in no matter what. I sat there watching every play today. I probably have a mental sickness 

I meant, there is no point bickering with each other about whether they will play significantly better with Allen as the starter.

We will find out next week, and one of us can come back and gloat.

My position is that Allen will have an impact on the entire team's play, and it will be noticeable to most here.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I meant, there is no point bickering with each other about whether they will play significantly better with Allen as the starter.

We will find out next week, and one of us can come back and gloat.

My position is that Allen will have an impact on the entire team's play, and it will be noticeable to most here.

I want Allen to play. I just don’t think the defense will play good until Fraiser is gone.

1. I expect the offense to remain putrid, regardless of Peterman or Allen. It won’t be as bad as this week because this week was almost historically bad. I think we’re discounting the possibility that Peterman gets cut, either tomorrow or right after the Chargers game. 

2. I expect the defense to get better. There is some real talent there, unlike the offense apart from Shady. It might not show next week, but it will in the next few weeks. 

3. Special teams will be better. That’s the performance today that really surprised me. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. I expect the offense to remain putrid, regardless of Peterman or Allen. It won’t be as bad as this week because this week was almost historically bad. I think we’re discounting the possibility that Peterman gets cut, either tomorrow or right after the Chargers game. 

2. I expect the defense to get better. There is some real talent there, unlike the offense apart from Shady. It might not show next week, but it will in the next few weeks. 

3. Special teams will be better. That’s the performance today that really surprised me. 

At first I was thinking no way Peterman get cut, they would only have 1 QB on the roster that knows the playbook and cant go run out and sign the other guy from Preseason cause they traded him and he's property of another team that wanted him. But then I started thinking, would having someone just go out and take the s ap and kneel the ball be any worse then the offence with Peterman today? Or would letting another qb go out and play schoolyard ball drawing up plays in the huddle on their own be any worse?