Will anything change before week 2?

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

At first I was thinking no way Peterman get cut, they would only have 1 QB on the roster that knows the playbook and cant go run out and sign the other guy from Preseason cause they traded him and he's property of another team that wanted him. But then I started thinking, would having someone just go out and take the s ap and kneel the ball be any worse then the offence with Peterman today? Or would letting another qb go out and play schoolyard ball drawing up plays in the huddle on their own be any worse?

They do need a veteran QB, then they cut Nate. He clearly isnt NFL caliber

I just don’t know how you could justify starting Peterman. He gives us 0% chance to win. 

He he doesn’t look like he belongs in the NFL. 

Im afraid by starting Allen the O-line could get him killed. But we can’t have a 3 and out every drive for the rest of the season. Peterman is THAT bad.

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

At first I was thinking no way Peterman get cut, they would only have 1 QB on the roster that knows the playbook and cant go run out and sign the other guy from Preseason cause they traded him and he's property of another team that wanted him. But then I started thinking, would having someone just go out and take the s ap and kneel the ball be any worse then the offence with Peterman today? Or would letting another qb go out and play schoolyard ball drawing up plays in the huddle on their own be any worse?

Correct. Look, if they really think Peterman is a diamond in the rough, they might keep him around, but then they wouldn't want him starting and having his confidence destroyed like this. But more likely is that they come to the obvious conclusion: he's not an NFL QB. And in that case, you really couldn't do worse, and I say this knowing that usually when people say "you couldn't do worse," the truth is you could actually do worse. But not here. As I noted above: replacement level off-the-street player Thad Lewis is much better. Joe Webb, special teams player forced into QB action, is better (lifetime 63.3 QB rating). The Horrors of Paxton (Lynch) is better (career 76.7 QB rating). The "we had to give Cleveland a draft pick just to take him off our hands" Brock Osweiler is better (career 76.5 QB rating, but he has a job right now). Brandon "Could He Have Been This Bad at Baseball?" Weeden is better (74.0). Johnny "Taking Refuge in Canada" Football is better (74.4). Connor Cook (83.4, not counting that playoff debacle) may be as bad, but probably not. Maybe Hackenberg is this bad? We don't know since he never played, but I wouldn't bet on it. Bottom line: it really is difficult to be as awful as Peterman has been. You can't give him even one more snap. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

48 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

What if the coaches should have never been hired in the first place?  This man is a clown.

Image result for sean mcdermott clapping gif

This is getting as bad as running Wade out of town for not wearing a headset..

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. I expect the offense to remain putrid, regardless of Peterman or Allen. It won’t be as bad as this week because this week was almost historically bad. I think we’re discounting the possibility that Peterman gets cut, either tomorrow or right after the Chargers game. 

2. I expect the defense to get better. There is some real talent there, unlike the offense apart from Shady. It might not show next week, but it will in the next few weeks. 

3. Special teams will be better. That’s the performance today that really surprised me. 

The offence is going to need a big game from Allen (or someone) with a couple of big plays to get defences to respect them and not just view them as one dimensional. Once they can show they can be a threat through the air, the running game can get going and the offence will look much better. If they can't do that, things will stay bad and probably get worse.

Allen has the 'big play ability', they just need a game from him to show he can do it with what they have

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know how McDermott could justify trotting Peterman back out there after the team saw what has happened in the 2 games he started that didn't get played in a whiteout.  They can say whatever they want but those guys cannot have any confidence in Peterman in a real game.  It doesn't matter what he does in practice, training camp or preseason.  Clearly when Peterman plays in REAL games, he panics and cannot execute the offense.  NFL players simply cannot buy into a player who plays his worst when the games count the most.  

Edited by matter2003

51 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

This is getting as bad as running Wade out of town for not wearing a headset..

The offence is going to need a big game from Allen (or someone) with a couple of big plays to get defences to respect them and not just view them as one dimensional. Once they can show they can be a threat through the air, the running game can get going and the offence will look much better. If they can't do that, things will stay bad and probably get worse.

Allen has the 'big play ability', they just need a game from him to show he can do it with what they have

That is one of the five reasons why it was stupid to start Nate. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. I expect the offense to remain putrid, regardless of Peterman or Allen. It won’t be as bad as this week because this week was almost historically bad. I think we’re discounting the possibility that Peterman gets cut, either tomorrow or right after the Chargers game. 

I'm not discounting it. I was thinking the same thing myself. I at least fully expect them to sign a FA QB. Kaepernick would be my choice, but seriously doubt that happens. Woodrum maybe o r Lynch or has been suggested,  THADDEUS MAXIMUMS.  Anybody just about. This isn't the QB Developmental League. We can't be embarrassing ourselves any longer. And,  we are trying to win (or at least so I hope ).

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm not discounting it. I was thinking the same thing myself. I at least fully expect them to sign a FA QB. Kaepernick would be my choice, but seriously doubt that happens. Woodrum maybe o r Lynch or has been suggested,  THADDEUS MAXIMUMS.  Anybody just about. This isn't the QB Developmental League. We can't be embarrassing ourselves any longer. And,  we are trying to win (or at least so I hope ).

Kaepernick would be a good choice but are they willing to bring in the circus that would follow.

I totally disagree that the defensive players have "nothing to do with it."

Jerry Hughes is our best pass rusher. I don't love Jerry Hughes nor do I hate him. He should not be our best pass rusher.

They paid pretty damn good money to exactly the wrong kind of players IMO. I'd rather focus on what can be done, but until the problem is fully acknowledged, it's not going to change. We've got a bunch of guys in that front 7, who A, don't have the athleticism to get to the QB, and B, don't even know what to do when they get there. 

Tre Edmunds makes alot of mistakes, but at least he's got the proper athleticism. That's really the only good thing I can say about this front 7. It is a mess and barring another miraculous turnover stretch, I don't see it getting better. 

I don't like Leslie Frazier either, but how many coordinators can a first time HC run through?

I'm REALLY trying to be optimistic, but this bunch makes it difficult.