2018 Nathan Peterman = 2013 Jeff Tuel

Right?

Are people still really fighting the obviousness of this?

Preseason hero.

Regular season dud.

The backup so many clamor for, but reality sets in once he starts.

Actually, Tuel may have been better. 

At least he could get a 1st down.

amiright? :flirt:

And before you accuse me of rooting against Peterman, I wasn't. The best outcome today would have been Peterman playing lights out and winning.

This, I think, was the 2nd best outcome.

Rip the band-aid off and end this debacle early.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agree. He had some NFL qualities. Backup at best but he had some skills. Peterman cannot play in this league. Tuel couldn't either. I would take EJ as a backup now and EJ stinks. 

I don't want to compare them, but (for better or worse), Lewis, Fitzy, and TT were all gamers. Even if the results ended up dismal, I always felt going in with them that the Bills had a chance of winning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

As God awful as Tuel was,  I think he was better than Peterman....

Me too.

The funny thing is that if you look at some posting before today you're going to find a bunch of Peterman homers who have recently said crap like "I never bought into the Tuel hype!"

I get a lot wrong on this board. I don't really care because it's just all in good fun. But one thing I've been steadfast in going all the way back to last preseason--when Peterman was also "playing well"--was that he just isn't an NFL starter.

What's frightening is that the fact that we traded McCarron. That says that McDermott was legitimately convinced he could be a viable NFL starting QB rather than that he just wanted to protect Allen to start the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Tuel played better than that. He lit the Chiefs up when they came in at 8-0 and they should have won that game. I was there watching it. Yeah he made some bad plays but still...way more than what Peterman did.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Nathan Peterman hasn't finished an NFL game. I supported him in preseason. I was in favor of him starting. I really wanted the kid to get redemption. 

I could try to make excuses but I won't. I said to myself if they pull Nathan Peterman before the game was officially over then he is done for good in Buffalo. That is my opinion now. 

I won't put this disaster of a game all on Peterman. The defense didn't come alive until about half time. He didn't cause all the penalties. I just didn't think he had any perseverance in the face of adversity. He played scared then tried to be a hero and was pulled from the game. Peterman is straight toast now. I feel bad for him honestly. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I don't want to compare them, but (for better or worse), Lewis, Fitzy, and TT were all gamers. Even if the results ended up dismal, I always felt going in with them that the Bills had a chance of winning.

We watched our 2 most recent QBs get a W and a Tie today while our own QB couldn't even muster 30 yards passing or a 1st down. 

Remember all the whiners about Taylor?

Was he ever this bad?

Here's the lesson some should take from Peterman's performance: the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Nathan Peterman hasn't finished an NFL game. I supported him in preseason. I was in favor of him starting. I really wanted the kid to get redemption. 

I could try to make excuses but I won't. I said to myself if they pull Nathan Peterman before the game was officially over then he is done for good in Buffalo. That is my opinion now. 

I won't put this disaster of a game all on Peterman. The defense didn't come alive until about half time. He didn't cause all the penalties. I just didn't think he had any perseverance in the face of adversity. He played scared then tried to be a hero and was pulled from the game. Peterman is straight toast now. I feel bad for him honestly. 

Total "deer in the headlights" look on his face....who you gonna blame that on?  Oh I know.  The Baltimore D right?

Edited by Azucho98

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We watched our 2 most recent QBs get a W and a Tie today while our own QB couldn't even muster 30 yards passing or a 1st down. 

Was he ever this bad?

Here's the lesson some should take from Peterman's performance: the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

Peterman's performance or lack therof is secondary to McD yet again trying to be

the smartest guy in the room with his prized personally picked 5 th round dud. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Was he ever this bad?

Dude.  Tyrod two years ago against the Ravens couldn't manage a first down in like 5 drives.  He got blown out by 50 against the Saints last year.

Stop talking.

Tuel threw a pick in the end zone but if I remember right it was on a play where a guy who was blocked or fell down or something got into the play and made the pick.  In other words the throw went to the right spot but a defender who never should have been there ended up there.  All things considered Tuel wasn't that bad.  To Tuel's credit he didn't set any records like most picks in a half or least number of 1st downs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anyone who had to suffer through this utterly disgraceful conversation all Summer 

despite knowing what should have happened.

Is that the one where you were dead wrong after trying to convince me that I had no idea what i was talking about? I deal with a lot of misinformed conversations in my life - can't keep track of them all

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Dude.  Tyrod two years ago against the Ravens couldn't manage a first down in like 5 drives.  He got blown out by 50 against the Saints last year.

Stop talking.

Yeah and look at how close the game was when the QB doesn't turn it over with 2 picks.  Not to mention the D doesn't give up that 66 yard TD to Wallace and we win.  Tayor is clearly light years better than Peterman.  At this point that is a fact.  All that said Allen looked like he has a lot of potential.  If only we cared more about putting some decent pass catchers on this team.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Yeah and look at how close the game was when the QB doesn't turn it over with 2 picks.  Not to mention the D doesn't give up that 66 yard TD to Wallace and we win.  Tayor is clearly light years better than Peterman.  At this point that is a fact.  All that said Allen looked like he has a lot of potential.  If only we cared more about putting some decent pass catchers on this team.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201711120buf.htm

Close af, IMO.

Damn. Nate Peterman got roasted today. Holy hell. I was backing him  a lot because he showed it in pre-season. Wow. I was wrong. It's just one game though. I'd give Peterman 2 more games to start. If he doesn't show any improvement and puts up stats then I yank Nate for the rest of the year and just give it to Allen.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Taylor had 56 passing yards, a pick, and 2 sacks through the 4th quarter.  Was that the Bills defense?

The Saints scored on 8 of 9 drives and the only drive they didn't score on they fumbled the ball ............ so yes it was the defense.  I never said, nor would I say, that Taylor was a savior but he was good enough to win.  Not when your defense gives up a score on 8 or 9 drives, 300 yards rushing, and 6 TD's.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

The Saints scored on 8 of 9 drives and the only drive they didn't score on they fumbled the ball ............ so yes it was the defense.  I never said, nor would I say, that Taylor was a savior but he was good enough to win.  Not when your defense gives up a score on 8 or 9 drives, 300 yards rushing, and 6 TD's.

8-16.  56 yards.  1 INT.  2 sacks.  3 points.  Good enough to win.

CoT has new life bc Peterman also sucks.  What a world.

17 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

LOL you are going to use a game where the defense gave up 300 yards rushing and 6 TD's as your argument against Taylor? 

Yes, as even down MANY scores he was checking down on 3rd down. 

He belongs in the league but that game was an indictment on him too.

I cannot for the life of me understand how Peterman gets a 2nd chance let alone a 3rd chance to start. He is terrible and has shown nothing in the regular season to merit a start. In fact he has proven every case for anyone to cut him outright. As for Tuel, he played better than Peterman in the chance he got but that pick 6 at the goal line vs the Chiefs is the play that will haunt me forever! Neither is an NFL calibre QB.

57 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Stop talking.

Strike a nerve?

Taylor threw for 60 yards in that 1st half, more than double than Peterman.

The team managed 4 1st downs in the 1st half, 4 times what Peterman could manage,

The team actually scored in the 1st half, 7 points to the 0 points Peterman could score.

It was actually STILL A GAME in the 1st half, which is much more than we could say about today.

If Taylor was bad that day--which he was--isn't it fair to call Peterman's performance vomit-inducing?

Stop talking.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Rememb

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Right?

Are people still really fighting the obviousness of this?

Preseason hero.

Regular season dud.

The backup so many clamor for, but reality sets in once he starts.

Actually, Tuel may have been better. 

At least he could get a 1st down.

amiright? :flirt:

And before you accuse me of rooting against Peterman, I wasn't. The best outcome today would have been Peterman playing lights out and winning.

This, I think, was the 2nd best outcome.

Rip the band-aid off and end this debacle early.

Remember transplant, the biggest jump is from Year 1 to Year 2. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Strike a nerve?

Taylor threw for 60 yards in that 1st half, more than double than Peterman.

The team managed 4 1st downs in the 1st half, 4 times what Peterman could manage,

The team actually scored in the 1st half, 7 points to the 0 points Peterman could score.

It was actually STILL A GAME in the 1st half, which is much more than we could say about today.

If Taylor was bad that day--which he was--isn't it fair to call Peterman's performance vomit-inducing?

Stop talking.

They were both vomit inducing.  They both suck.  

Enjoy arguing human **** is more palatable than dog **** for the 4th year in a row.