Did Peterman get pulled too early

prissythecat

22 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman tore it up in the preseason . And I saw in another thread that the sorry offensive performance was 0% his fault . Did he get pulled to early ?

You must be joking. Look at his regular season performances. My god, the man has no arm. What does this staff see in him?

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

I think the decision to pull him was warranted. He had happy feet back there and was starting to force things like he did against Chargers. Plus, because we were down by so much it was a nice, pressure free environment to get Allen some NFL reps. 

I'd give Peterman one more chance to prove he's an NFL QB. If he flames out again next week against the team that humiliated him last year, then I think you consider trading for a vet QB and cutting him. It's harsh, but he doesn't seem able to rebound when things don't go his way early. 

He had a rating of 0.0 today.  that's down from 38 last season.  

What other proof that he is not an NFL quality QB are you looking for?  

Just curious.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman tore it up in the preseason . And I saw in another thread that the sorry offensive performance was 0% his fault . Did he get pulled to early ?

No he sucked, the line sucked and the receivers sucked.

Basically only Allen and McCoy are good with Dawkins ok.

The offense needs a whole rebuild.

Also not impressed with Star's ability either, but was getting turned sideways all day.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He had a rating of 0.0 today.  that's down from 38 last season.  

What other proof that he is not an NFL quality QB are you looking for?  

Just curious.

Yeah I agree it's a long shot at best he's even an NFL back up at this point but throwing Allen to the wolves when he clearly isn't ready either is a terrible plan. Bills have just invested too much in this kid to needlessly ruin him like that. McBeane have really F'd this up IMO. 

I'd start Peterman vs. Chargers as the lesser of two evils. When he inevitably fails, you bring Allen in again to play second half. Depending how that goes maybe you consider starting him week 3. Personally, I'd be looking for a QB in a trade who can finish out the year. I don't think Allen will be the guy either - trying to teach a kid how to play the position when he's never proven capable at any of the lower levels rarely works - but if he's going to become a capable player it'll be because they brought him along at the right pace, and didn't destroy his confidence early. That kid needs patience as much as anything. 

Edited by VW82

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You must be joking. Look at his regular season performances. My god, the man has no arm. What does this staff see in him?

13 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Dude.....ARE U SERIOUS?????

Yes . I am .  Just look at our huge thread comparing Peterman to Brees and the epic Ravens game starter thread .  Peterman is a futur HOFer .  Let him take his licks 

Edited by prissythecat
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What the...

31 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman tore it up in the preseason . And I saw in another thread that the sorry offensive performance was 0% his fault . Did he get pulled too early ?

Well... maybe... nope, didn’t make any more sense than the first time you posted it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Yeah I agree it's a long shot at best he's even an NFL back up at this point but throwing Allen to the wolves when he clearly isn't ready either is a terrible plan. Bills have just invested too much in this kid to needlessly ruin him like that. McBeane have really F'd this up IMO. 

I'd start Peterman vs. Chargers. When he inevitably fails, you bring Allen in again to play second half. Depending how that goes maybe you consider starting him week 3. Personally, I'd be looking for a QB in a trade who can finish out the year. I don't think Allen will be the guy either - trying to teach a kid how to play the position when he's never proven capable at any of the lower levels rarely works - but if he's going to become a capable player it'll be because they brought him along at the right pace, and didn't destroy his confidence early. That kid needs patience as much as anything. 

No he doesn't.

Put him in next week.  It's what he was drafted for.  This team won't play for NP.

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I'd start Peterman vs. Chargers. When he inevitably fails, you bring Allen in again to play second half. Depending how that goes maybe you consider starting him week 3. Personally, I'd be looking for a QB in a trade who can finish out the year. I don't think Allen will be the guy either - trying to teach a kid how to play the position when he's never proven capable at any of the lower levels rarely works - but if he's going to become a capable player it'll be because they brought him along at the right pace, and didn't destroy his confidence early. That kid needs patience as much as anything. 

How do you get a QB now? We had Mccarron, seemed pretty crazy to count on Peterman and trade him.

The snow game didn't show skills of any player in it because of the conditions. The mop up duty against the Saints doesn't really mean much (the same that Josh today really doesn't mean all that much, although they can showcase skills). 

The three times NP has played that meant anything were the Chargers game last year, the playoff game where his short stint showed the lack of arm strength on the INT, and today. Two of the three times were amongst the worst in NFL history. 

That looks like a possible trend. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How do you get a QB now? We had Mccarron, seemed pretty crazy to count on Peterman and trade him.

We're going to have to trade for one. It's either that or you tell your team you're throwing away the season. They know Josh isn't remotely close to ready. He even came out and said after his preseason start that he wasn't ready. If they start him over this upcoming murderer's row of games they'll ruin him, and lose the team at the same time.

The Peterman decision (coupled with the decision to trade Tyrold and not to pursue a capable veteran in the offseason; clearly McCarron didn't cut it) is a sunk cost at this point. It's worth a second round pick to not wreck your rookie QB before he's ready and completely lose the locker room.   

After what I saw in preseason, I thought Nathan Peterman deserved the starting job.  And I was slightly optimistic he was going to take a significant step forward from the disastrous play as a rookie.  One of the things that I liked about Peterman during the preseason was his quick decision-making and release.  With our O-Line struggling so bad, I figured this would be extremely beneficial to the offense. 

But with the real bullets flying at him today, it very much seemed (early in the game) that Peterman was holding the ball WAY too long.  I just have to wonder if this is a mental byproduct of his 5-INT game against the Chargers last year.  Some players look strong and confident in practice or preseason.  But on gameday, they become hesitant, scared and overly careful.  As the game progressed and Peterman had no choice but to finally push the ball downfield, he made very poor decisions and was extremely inaccurate.

The guy offers virtually no upside as a quarterback.  His arm strength is poor for an NFL passer.  He struggles with anything over 10-15 yards.  Any kind of outside timing route floats in the air, just begging for an interception.  His athleticism is average, meaning he can't extend plays or make defenses respect his scrambling ability. 

For someone with his skill-set to be successful, he will need to be exceptionally accurate, extremely quick at getting the ball out and flawless in his decision-making.  What we've seen instead (at least so far) is a guy who holds the ball too long in the pocket, who forces the ball into places he shouldn't and who has very spotty accuracy.

Unless the coaching staff is scared Josh Allen will develop bad habits playing behind this O-Line, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't make the QB change in Week 2.  And quite honestly, I wouldn't blink if they decided to cut Peterman and sign a real/experienced veteran either.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The snow game didn't show skills of any player in it because of the conditions. The mop up duty against the Saints doesn't really mean much (the same that Josh today really doesn't mean all that much, although they can showcase skills). 

The three times NP has played that meanest anything were the Chargers game last year, the playoff game where his short stint showed the lack of arm strength on the INT, and today. Two of the three times were amongst the worst in NFL history. 

That looks like a possible trend. 

Possible trend? Me thinks thou doest equivocate too much. 

I’m glad they started and left him in, just so now the idiots whom supported him after his first flop can finally see he’s ducking horrible. Easily the worst QB to ever play in the NFL. Couldn’t hold a male cheerleader’s jock. 

As I called it, he was merely a sacrificial lamb. I’m sure the brainstrust foresaw this as I did however I’m sure they didn’t think he’d blow it that bad that quick. If it were 10-0 with the same shtit performance he’d be pulled still and Allen would’ve had a better shot at doing something. Regardless, stick yet another fork in Peterman. Dude was DOA, and the preseason was the only lifeline he had. 

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I feel like some of us are owed an apology. We said that Peterman sucked. We took some heat. We were right.

Everyone wanted him to do well. We just didn’t all expect it. I for one am happy that we can put this garbage behind us. 

I bet it won’t be Peterman’s last start as a Bill 

57 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

0 TD, 7 INT in a couple starts. I dont give a SHT what he does in preseason. Too early???!! Stop talkin...

Better yet. Just quit this forum...

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They won’t. McBeane misjudged their qb’s. They will deserve every bit of national media crap they will hear the next 16 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Defense put this team in a hole to start the game which forced Peterman to make some plays which he couldn’t. The formula for this team is the same as when Tyrod was the QB. Establish the run, play good defense and get a few clutch plays from the offense. Peterman is not going to carry this team on his back just like Tyrod couldn’t. Same thing goes for Josh Allen while he develops into what we hope is a franchise QB.

Just now, iinii said:

I am not sure I want the true Rookie getting killed behind his line. I don’t want Peterman to get killed either but he is not the future. (Doh) Not having a vet of any kind at QB is perplexing. 

Try watching the game with your eyes open. Josh Allen was FAR superior to Peterman, and I thought Allen played OK. I'd rate his play a 6 out of 10 considering he probably didn't get enough reps in practice. Peterman, i would've gave him a -100 in a scale of 1-10. And IMO that's being generous.