How did Foster make the team?

wppete

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He lost in the game you want to brag on, and he had a 4th quarter comeback in week 4 of preseason against players that won't have a job in 48 hours. Take that however you wish.

I was simply responding to the comment regarding the final drive being against 3rd stringers. I thought that was clear.

McCarron has an success agaisnt the best college and pro players in the country.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Can we just cut all Alabama players so sky diver will go away

He didnt have a single reception all preseason until last night. 

And it was for a TD. I like WRs that can get behind DBs especially when we have Allen who can air it out. He’s the only guy we have that can stretch the field.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

I was simply responding to the comment regarding the final drive being against 3rd stringers. I thought that was clear.

McCarron has an success agaisnt the best college and pro players in the country.

Good go back to college. Because after how many years does he get to do anything in the NFL?

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

And it was for a TD. I like WRs that can get behind DBs especially when we have Allen who can air it out. He’s the only guy we have that can stretch the field.

1 reception out of what 10 TGTs. For a TD. Absolutely invisible two weeks. And constantly yelled at makes for a career i guess. 

And Corey Coleman can stretch thr field and unlike you Bama fan boy has DONE it at the NFL level against starters 

Just now, Sky Diver said:

A lot of NFL QBs were in the league along time before they had success.

Name them

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

HE won against Seattle, in dominant fashion.

Sure a win is nice I guess, but again, wins in the preseason mean 0 to me. 

but next year if you ask me what happened in teh preseason last year, Im not going to remember, much if anything other than Josh Allen looking like a rookie against Cincy. 

Good for EJ. I hope he has continued success, except if he plays against Buffalo.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

1 reception out of what 10 TGTs. For a TD. Absolutely invisible two weeks. And constantly yelled at makes for a career i guess. 

And Corey Coleman can stretch thr field and unlike you Bama fan boy has DONE it at the NFL level against starters 

Name them

AJ McCarron this preseason, prior to the 4th qtr last night:
15/33 (45%), 5.1 YPA, 0:2 TD:INT, 35.8 rating (82nd of 83 QBs w > 20 att)

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But he is a proven winner. And Played for Alabama a long time ago. So he should start and get fitted for his gold jacket

I see no point in bashing McCarron.  Personally I prefer they keep 3 and am fine with whichever one starts.  

The thought of keeping Foster is absurd.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I see no point in bashing McCarron.  Personally I prefer they keep 3 and am fine with whichever one starts.  

Not really bashing him to much. But fact remains he was outplayed by Allen and Peterman. So Bills should also get with modern roster development and go into the season with 2 QBs. 

So by that Logic McCarron is the odd man out. Maybe you can flip him for a pick by cutdowns. If not cut him and move on. 

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do watch the games or just look at the stat lines?

Yep I have watched the games. 

So tell me how has McCarron this preseason played better than Peterman or Allen 

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Absolutely. The kid has potential but clearly isn't ready for the NFL and that's okay, with hard work , he can be NFL caliber  in a couple years. 0% chance he makes the 53

Edited by JerseyBills

4 hours ago, The Process said:

Agreed skydiver......be careful with your opinions on this board though, if some do not agree their rebuttal starts out with an insult containing Alabama education or Alabama thinking. Insults begin where rational thought ends.

How about the defenders cutting that space out between him and the sidelines so easily in every game, which is a pretty basic CB concept.

Or whatever that dive to the ball was on the final drive to catch the pass in the end zone?

Or letting up on the route in game 1 and having to stare back at the ball?

Or are we just going to continue to be sensitive and ignore the 15+ pages of people pointing out these simple things. That's why the insults start coming, because it's ridiculous. Why is the guy so concerned about Foster? Just go to a Bama board already. If he could produce for the Bills we'd love him, he can't. He won't. Go root for the guy to have a marginal career on a Bama board if you're going to be irrational.

Ffs.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good point. He has been even worse than the stat line.

I agree.

I stated he "needs Foster Grants" and "can not track a TRAIN."

He looks like a NFL WR right up until ball is arriving and then can't track it into his hands. Maybe he is far sighted.

Personally I would not give up on him just yet. PS for me.

Edited by cba fan

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The stat that matters, wins, looks pretty good.

Preseason wins, yes, the stat everyone cares about. 

I mean at this point you have to be trolling.

First you say I only look at the stats and don't watch the game and then you same how they played doesn't matter all that matters is the end stats.

I'm lost. Please help.

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Preseason wins, yes, the stat everyone cares about. 

I mean at this point you have to be trolling.

First you say I only look at the stats and don't watch the game and then you same how they played doesn't matter all that matters is the end stats.

I'm lost. Please help.

Yes, you’re lost. Not stats, stat. W or L. McCarron is  a clutch player and he proved it. TT wasn’t which is one reason he is gone.

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Yes, you’re lost. Not stats, stat. W or L. McCarron is  a clutch player and he proved it. TT wasn’t which is one reason he is gone.

He proved it to you. The rest of us remember that it was the 4th preseason game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

There is a certain psychosis here. Most “fans” wanted to run Peterman out on a rail after the SD game. Now he’s a hero. The overreaction is comical.

No one thinks he’s a hero. People think he can be a temporary place holder. 

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Yes.  I think this game goes down with Reich and Comeback game against the Oilers.  Instant classic and one we will be talking about 20 preseasons from now.  I can't wait to tell my grandkids to put away their damn hand computers and get the f@$# of my shed.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does 'Piggly Wiggly' count?

If you even make it to an NFL camp, you are an elite athlete.

Why would players that don't make it in the NFL end up at Piggly Wiggly? A lot of them are smart guys who have degrees.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes.  I think this game goes down with Reich and Comeback game against the Oilers.  Instant classic and one we will be talking about 20 preseasons from now.  I can't wait to tell my grandkids to put away their damn hand computers and get the f@$# of my shed.

I guess you would have preferred a loss so you can whine and complain. Pathetic.

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i see you cut holmes....which would have made 6.    i'm going out on a limb and say i believe they keep 7....at least temporarily.  they could conceivably make a spot for rayray as a 4th rb.  i would bet that at some point early on , there will be an injured wr.  i mean, look at those names....someone's gonna miss time.

given the 5 you have listed, i would add reilly and foster.  reilly may have in fact upped his special teams ability to knock off holmes.

I don’t believe Reilly makes it. But I also believe they keep 7. Holmes would be 7 for sure. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I would have preferred that a QB competing for the starting job didn't suck for 3/4 of an outing against a team that rested all of their starters.

I’d prefer that every Bills player were a potential HOFer and they never made a miatake on any play.

Maybe we’ll see robots playing in the future. 

Edited by Sky Diver

35 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If you even make it to an NFL camp, you are an elite athlete.

Why would players that don't make it in the NFL end up at Piggly Wiggly? A lot of them are smart guys who have degrees.

Which is why its so confusing that most of them wind up in financial trouble after their careers are over.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/02/09/5-reasons-why-80-of-retired-nfl-players-go-broke/#55f9df4178cc

How do such smart men with relevant degrees from top academic institutions find themselves broke at such an alarming rate unless that whole thing about being smart and having degrees is just bull ****?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Which is why its so confusing that most of them wind up in financial trouble after their careers are over.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/02/09/5-reasons-why-80-of-retired-nfl-players-go-broke/#55f9df4178cc

How do such smart men with relevant degrees from top academic institutions find themselves broke at such an alarming rate unless that whole thing about being smart and having degrees is just bull ****?

NASA loves Alabama grads.  I'm sure Trent Richardson is designing a metal now that can withstand the suns heat.  We'll be able to live on the Sun soon.

Thank you Alabama.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2