Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Claimed from Waivers

How bad is o-line play in the NFL when two rejects from our terrible line get claimed by other teams?

“Four players the Bills cut on Saturday were claimed elsewhere around the league: Ike Boettger (Chiefs), Kaelin Clay (Giants), Adam Redmond (Cowboys) and Tanner Vallejo (Browns).” 

Or maybe, we’re not doing something right in Buffalo? Like our o-line coach?

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's a good question. I imagine teams do it all the time. Obviously the ones open to public. Would be hard to enforce if league was against it. 

Agreed. I am sure the point of my question is obvious. How do the Bills know Bojorquez is worth signing given the Pats* hid him all preseason.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's a good question. I imagine teams do it all the time. Obviously the ones open to public. Would be hard to enforce if league was against it. 

good question...I know about 10 years ago when the Skins were charging for TC practices, meant the practices could be taped by anyone..so they stopped charging.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, scribo said:

Agreed. I am sure the point of my question is obvious. How do the Bills know Bojorquez is worth signing given the Pats* hid him all preseason.

I do think teams sign players cut all the time more based on their Scouts and player personnel guys detailed college evaluations versus the limited action in, say, preseason games. Be really hard I think to evaluate a punter in practice unless he was really bad. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I do think teams sign players cut all the time more based on their Scouts and player personnel guys detailed college evaluations versus the limited action in, say, preseason games. Be really hard I think to evaluate a punter in practice unless he was really bad. 

Makes sense. But this is an especially curious move, presuming Schmidt gets cut today. The Bills are really taking a big risk, now presumably going into the season opener with a punter they maybe haven't seen in any action since December and even then it was in college.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I just read the punter the Bills got was purposely not showcased by New England in preseason in an effort to hide him on the PS, zero preseason punts, so there's that

Right, so how did the Bills know he is worth a starting position without bringing him in first for a workout or even a physical?

Just now, scribo said:

Makes sense. But this is an especially curious move, presuming Schmidt gets cut today. The Bills are really taking a big risk, now presumably going into the season opener with a punter they maybe haven't seen in any action since December and even then it was in college.

Yeah. Totally agree. They must really not like what they saw from Schmidt lately, especially because one of his two punts against the Bears was a beaut. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah. Totally agree. They must really not like what they saw from Schmidt lately, especially because one of his two punts against the Bears was a beaut. 

This has to be beyond their desire to get rid of Schmidt. There are several seasoned punters who are available right now. I am guessing they see grabbing Bojorquez as a steal. I sure hope so.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waivers
1 minute ago, scribo said:

This has to be beyond their desire to get rid of Schmidt. There are several seasoned punters who are available right now. I am guessing they see grabbing Bojorquez as a steal. I sure hope so.

Right. I totally agree with you. The Scouts must love this guy. But again I just think it must be from college tape versus what they may have seen in a Pats practice setting. 

I sure hope hope he's good too. Although as you say, if he tanks there are some seasoned vets always available. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims
8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Got ourselves a new punter.  I’m happy.  Schmidt is bad

Well... let’s see what happens. I thought we had a new punter when they signed Ryan, but that wasn’t the case. 

Plus, I’d like to actually see this kid punt first, and hold for Hauschka... 

Its clear they are not happy with CS though.