How Many Bills Wins in 2018 Reg. Season?

GreggTX

How many regular season games will we win this year?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games will we win this year?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14
    • 15-16

2 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

That is according to the media and so called " experts " There is NO WAY there will be this low !! I saw some great plays and there is so much good potential , sure there is a lot of improvements that needs to be done , hopefully as the season goes on they will learn  on their mistakes 

Here is my prediction for the Bills  

FLOOR : 6-10 

CEILING 11-5 

Most likely scenario 8-8 or 9-7 

Baltimore is gonna be a real big challenge 5-0 in the preseason but you just never know , we may start 1-0

There is possibility that we could make it to the playoffs again , we are not going to win the  division but we will be a contender , hopefully win a playoff game . I could care less about winning the division , as long as we make it to the playoffs which I think is a  possibility , let's prove all these sports networks wrong . GO BILLS ! 

??? Man it's preseason.

18 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I agree. This team used the preseason to assess the 3 QBs. We will be a running team in the regular season. Teams knew we would be passing disproportionately more than normal because of the QB battle and it allowed them them to cheat the passing game.

I am not worried nearly as much about this team when we get to the regular season because we will be much more balanced. 

I'm curious what the run/pass ratio has been this preseason.

I'm in the 8-8 camp. I don't see all the doom and gloom that some do. I don't think we'll be any better than last year, just due to the rebuilding process, but I don't buy into the "we're going to draft first overall" nonsense either. I don't see us being much worse than last year.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think our range is 4-7 wins. I've bounced between 5-11 and 6-10 throughout the offseason. As of right now I'm looking at 5-11.

agreed, the shape of the ball doesn't bounce predictably so 2 wins are up for grabs basically on luck

5-11.  Reasons? They play 5 of their first 7 on the road.  McDermott isn't sneaking up on anyone this season. There will be an untested starting QB. Daboll doesn't inspire much in me as an OC. Offensive skill positions are not scaring anyone. OL is a mixture of low grade UFAs and then Dawkins who isn't going to do it by himself. Defenses are going to load up to stop the run and dare them to pass. WR's are largely short to intermediate targets with no established deep guy.

Defense may be better, although a rookie MLB is cause for concern.

Cue the poster accusing me of doom and gloom. ?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

5-11.  Reasons? They play 5 of their first 7 on the road.  McDermott isn't sneaking up on anyone this season. There will be an untested starting QB. Daboll doesn't inspire much in me as an OC. Offensive skill positions are not scaring anyone. OL is a mixture of low grade UFAs and then Dawkins who isn't going to do it by himself. Defenses are going to load up to stop the run and dare them to pass. WR's are largely short to intermediate targets with no established deep guy.

That’s pretty fair IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Exactly my thoughts on overreacting 

I'm overreacting by saying this offense lacks talent and the defense won't be as good as the 2014 defense. The best defense they had since 2004?

Ok lol. I'm not sure you know what overreacting means. I've also been saying this for months now. The WRs are bad. We have a 2, and then a bunch of guys whod be great 3's and 4s if you had a 1 and a 2. But we don't. Then the Oline lost Wood and Richie, and that wasn't foreseen. That's not overreacting, that's just looking at it objectively. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Wow, stop with all this well thought out stuff,... I mean overreacting.

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm overreacting by saying this offense lacks talent and the defense won't be as good as the 2014 defense. The best defense they had since 2004?

Ok lol. I'm not sure you know what overreacting means. I've also been saying this for months now. The WRs are bad. We have a 2, and then a bunch of guys whod be great 3's and 4s if you had a 1 and a 2. But we don't. Then the Oline lost Wood and Richie, and that wasn't foreseen. That's not overreacting, that's just looking at it objectively. 

hang on you dont just compare the defense to another year to justify your point.  The defense should be better than last year, the wr's should be better as well, the run game should be better or equal, now do we get better qb play?  I like what I see out of daboll and he has to be better than dennison who was an anchor on our offense last year. We won 9 games last year. 

23 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

R-E-L-A-X

We have yet to see the impact of Trent Murphy and Kyle Williams on this years defense. Although this offensive line doesn't look like it can pass protect, based on this preseason, it showed that it can run the ball. Another year of good defense and ball control can yield at least 7-8 wins

If you would have asked me before pre-season I would have said 9 or 10. Given that none of our WRs have stepped up, our line looks all-time bad, and Tremaine appears like the game is a bit too much for him right now, I think realistically we're in 3-4 territory unless Murphy transforms the D, or this o-line learns how to play NFL football.

I think the NFL is going to be very strong this year as a whole, and we're one of very few teams that doesn't have something they can hang their hat on. I think we get flashes of great play at various points, but ultimately come up short a lot due to inconsistency and the oline.

Edited by BullBuchanan

15 hours ago, aristocrat said:

hang on you dont just compare the defense to another year to justify your point.  The defense should be better than last year, the wr's should be better as well, the run game should be better or equal, now do we get better qb play?  I like what I see out of daboll and he has to be better than dennison who was an anchor on our offense last year. We won 9 games last year. 

Where do you get that the WR, run game and QB play should be better than last year? Defense I can understand the point, but I'm not sold on it. The others it seems like you are saying they should just be better because they haven't failed yet.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Where do you get that the WR, run game and QB play should be better than last year? Defense I can understand the point, but I'm not sold on it. The others it seems like you are saying they should just be better because they haven't failed yet.

Beacuse last year our wrs were bad and kB is a clear upgrade to anyone we had to start the year. We have shady and ivory who is a clear upgrade over Tolbert.  Our pass game was 31 in the league so it’s not that hard to see that be better than last year. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Beacuse last year our wrs were bad and kB is a clear upgrade to anyone we had to start the year. We have shady and ivory who is a clear upgrade over Tolbert.  Our pass game was 31 in the league so it’s not that hard to see that be better than last year. 

Wishful thinking, dude.   The Bills are lucky they can't be worse than #32 in passing.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Wishful thinking, dude.   The Bills are lucky they can't be worse than #32 in passing.

Got it. Foregone conclusion. Why play the season? Is it possible? Yes. I’m not saying we will lead the league but it’s very possible we move up a few spots and have a better offense than last year. 

This season it's not all about the QB's...well it is to a degree. But it's more about that offensive line and "IF" Beane can upgrade it at some point.  

The middle of that line hasn't been this weak since before Eric Wood and you would think that having an all-pro playing at a particular position would make the coaches/FO realize how important that position is to the line. Same with the left guard position.

6 wins max unless they fix that line... We all saw that all three QBs currently on the roster can make the throws if given time to throw.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Got it. Foregone conclusion. Why play the season? Is it possible? Yes. I’m not saying we will lead the league but it’s very possible we move up a few spots and have a better offense than last year. 

What other team can match the Bills in its lack of starting-caliber quality  OL and WR corps and the lack of experience among its QBs?  The Bills OL has not demonstrated that it can pass protect except against a front 7 made up of old ladies.  That spells disaster for any passing game ... which is what you referenced, not "offense".

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

What other team can match the Bills in its lack of starting-caliber quality  OL and WR corps and the lack of experience among its QBs?  The Bills OL has not demonstrated that it can pass protect except against a front 7 made up of old ladies.  That spells disaster for any passing game ... which is what you referenced, not "offense".

I didn’t say our o line is better. But our wr core is maybe better than the jets, redskins and jaguars. Do you think our qb could be more productive than tyrod?  Flacco Marietta threw for around 3200 yards,  mitch for like 2300. So with rookies starting and injuries it’s very possible we don’t have the worst pass game in the league. But I get it. It’s gonna be on daboll to get a lot out of the qb. 

• 3 months later...

I claimed 9-7 if Allen started, 7-9 if Peterman did, and I was close.  If Allen hadn't been injured (and Peterman threw away the Texans game), I might have been spot on.  I think most of us considered this a rebuilding year, with potential but not expectation to surprise.