SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Rookie QB in his first start behind an O-Line now christened "The Red Carpet" struggles the half he plays?  Yes, he is quite obviously a bust, cut him now, fire McBeane...  ?

He was a bust on draft night...

22 minutes ago, MDH said:

Didn’t Peterman already get a start vs another team’s 1s?

Hes looked pretty consistent no matter what unit he’s out there with.

People are letting their desire to see Allen start get in the way of what is plain as Day: Peterman has looked like the best QBs in the pre season. I want Allen to be the guy too, but he ain’t there yet.

Preseason game 3 is not the same as the others, and you know it. 

Don't be surprised when you see 3+ picks in game 1, if Peterman starts. 

Either way, this OL/WR group has looked insanely bad. I'm not making excuses, I'm just going to say I wish whoever starts at QB godspeed and good luck. The need to invest in some good injury insurance.

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

The Jets move to trade up to get Darnold forcing the Bills to select Allen is a 30 for 30 waiting to happen. McBeane got played hard.

Haha, dude seriously this is one pre-season game. This board is !@#$ing bi-polar. One week the team plays well this is a potential dynasty the next week the results aren't as good and everything and everyone sucks. The one big thing this game showed was that the O-line is pretty terrible and Allen is indeed a rookie. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I disagree.  Definitely a tough situation, but it was pretty clear that Allen needs a bit more seasoning.  

I agree with you.  Obviously, plays where the line disintegrated and Allen was chased around should be thrown out of the evaluation pile, but there were plenty of other plays where that did not happen, and there is no reason why you can't evaluate his performance in those. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Explain what makes it clear. 

I don’t think he looked terrible, but there were quite a few times when he should have gotten rid of the ball sooner and, as I said, he did not look in control.  Getting the team out of the huddle late is one indication of that.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You literally said all our other TEs are better blockers. It’s  not true. Now you want to backpedal.

Regardless, you want to cut a guy, which saves us no money, who has been one of our most productive receivers, because we have 2 or 3 other guys who do some nice things here and there against backups? Cool story. 

Nah, I said Croom and Khari from the start, I later generalized which I can see how it included our currently 4th string TE. We need to Cut 2-3 TE's anyway, so even without cap savings, it frees up roster spots for... I dunno some more Oline or Defense for one to maybe stick around

NP will look just as Allen did if he was running the exact same plays. Those weren’t quick hitters, by and large. They will have to run a quick game behind this OL in reg season. It’s apparent now. They wanted to see Allen throwing deeper stuff and this line isn’t up to it. 

2 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

The Jets move to trade up to get Darnold forcing the Bills to select Allen is a 30 for 30 waiting to happen. McBeane got played hard.

You seem miserable being a Bills fan.  You can look around for a better team to rootfor if you wish.

Just now, leonbus23 said:

I wish McDermott would have played Peterman in the second quarter. Then, we'd have a better comparison between qb's. The question is would Peterman have played better than Allen against the Bengals starting D?

I’d say no, unless they went to the quick game. Have to compare apples to apples. 

2 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

Not trying to get a catch phrase to stick, I am trying to stop the nonsensical dribble and advance the conversation instead of the continuation of meaningless comments from arm chair quarterbacks.  I have advanced knowledge of the inner working of pro football industry and like sharing it with the less informed

I think you mean drivel. And that’s my final word. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think he looked terrible, but there were quite a few times when he should have gotten rid of the ball sooner and, as I said, he did not look in control.  Getting the team out of the huddle late is one indication of that.

I'm betting there weren't open receivers on those occasions which shouldn't come as a surprise against this Bengals' secondary.  The only way to know is All-22 film. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1