Browns favored by 4?

Sky Diver

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I had no idea they existed.  Who would actually take these bets?  

Only gambling addicts.

I had a boss when I was younger that would bet on girls softball, golf, mud racing- ANYTHING...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

that article made it seem like it was a huge positive to be favored in a preseason game.  

the factory of sadness.

Did you remember this article?  Broncos got revenge didn't they?  The Seahawks won the Super Bowl but the Broncos won the following preseason.

Denver absolutely has bragging rights.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2014/08/07/denver-broncos-take-pre-season-revenge-on-seattle.html

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t you judge me!!

et tu Kirby?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

You have to be a massive degenerate gambler to bet on NFL pre-season games where the outcomes are likely to be decided by 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players. Also, the lines factor in the backup players, so the line is absolutely meaningless. Don't get too caught up about pre-season scores and such, to me in the 2nd and 3rd pre-season games (I find the 1st to not be meaningful and the 4th to be a complete waste) you are looking at how certain players perform and getting a feel for who is setting themselves apart. 

Haven't you guys been reading all the articles and power rankings? The Browns are now an awesome team on the rise with their offseason, and now with Mayfield looking Bradyesque in game 1 of the preseason they are a very good team. Meanwhile the Bill's and their offseason after making the playoffs still have them at the bottom of the league.......

27 minutes ago, teef said:

that article made it seem like it was a huge positive to be favored in a preseason game.  

the factory of sadness.

........lest we forget euphoric times about pre-season........

The Cleveland Browns went undefeated 2017 PRE-SEASON ( and so they went to OH FER 16)!

Save the comparisons to the 2008 Detroit Lions who went 4-0 in the preseason then 0-16 when it counted. This Browns team is leaps and bounds better than that depressing squad.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

et tu Kirby?

All joking aside I’m not opposed to betting preseason games. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn’t require a ton of handicapping like the regular season. It’s more like betting a coin flip or what color tee you are going to pull out of your bag. If you get it right, great, if not, damn. You can’t bet a lot in preseason but it’s always more fun to have a little action on it. 

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you remember this article?  Broncos got revenge didn't they?  The Seahawks won the Super Bowl but the Broncos won the following preseason.

Denver absolutely has bragging rights.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2014/08/07/denver-broncos-take-pre-season-revenge-on-seattle.html

oh man...this is slightly worse.

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside I’m not opposed to betting preseason games. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn’t require a ton of handicapping like the regular season. It’s more like betting a coin flip or what color tee you are going to pull out of your bag. If you get it right, great, if not, damn. You can’t bet a lot in preseason but it’s always more fun to have a little action on it. 

I just couldn't put any amount of money on something where the final score isn't the most important factor.  

Just imagine a 4th string WR who won't even make the team is the reason why you don't win a bet or not....that would kill me.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just couldn't put any amount of money on something where the final score isn't the most important factor.  

Just imagine a 4th string WR who won't even make the team is the reason why you don't win a bet or not....that would kill me.

Bleh I don’t typically mess with preseason but I don’t imagine that scenario would hurt anymore than the fail Mary did. Sometimes teams do weird things at the end of regular season games, field goals, falling down at the one etc. 

Remember, in the Marv Era the Bills would routinely go 0-4 in the preseason. His goal was always to come out of those games injury free.

The game against Carolina last week is also a prime example of why you can't read too much into preseason. The Bills lost that game; however, in the first half when the first team (and backups who are likely to make the team) were on the field, they led 17-7. Things changed in the 2nd half when the field was primarily occupied by guys unlikely to make the final cut.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That’s the beauty of it. There’s nothing like being glued to the TV as Nick Mullens tries to lead the 49ers down the field against Junior Joseph and the vaunted Bengals defense. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the beauty of it. There’s nothing like being glued to the TV as Nick Mullens tries to lead the 49ers down the field against Junior Joseph and the vaunted Bengals defense. 

This would be fun...betting on whether or not the punter can pin it inside the 10.  This would get me at the edge of my seat...especially if I have the Colts in this case.

"Come on 87!!  Get that damn ball!"

nfl preseason report GIF

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Haven't you guys been reading all the articles and power rankings? The Browns are now an awesome team on the rise with their offseason, and now with Mayfield looking Bradyesque in game 1 of the preseason they are a very good team. Meanwhile the Bill's and their offseason after making the playoffs still have them at the bottom of the league.......

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This would be fun...betting on whether or not the punter can pin it inside the 10.  This would get me at the edge of my seat...especially if I have the Colts in this case.

"Come on 87!!  Get that damn ball!"

nfl preseason report GIF

Great betting story:

My buddy (you met him in Jacksonville) live bets EVERYTHING. When we go to the Pelicans games he is making multiple bets a quarter. 2 years ago he bet $77 to win $.77 in the 2nd half that the Falcons - Pats wouldn’t go to overtime. Ha ha ha, we have crushed him mercilessly since then.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Great betting story:

My buddy (you met him in Jacksonville) live bets EVERYTHING. When we go to the Pelicans games he is making multiple bets a quarter. 2 years ago he bet $77 to win $.77 in the 2nd half that the Falcons - Pats wouldn’t go to overtime. Ha ha ha, we have crushed him mercilessly since then.

Is his nickname Riverboat?

50 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Great betting story:

That's not a typo? He bet $77 only to get back $77.77?

The Ravens, Vikings, and Seahawks all place value on winning preseason games.  Their coaches will actually try to win a game, as opposed to coaches who are more interested in getting as many players on film.  You can also add the Pats and, yes, the Browns to that group.

Knowing this actually makes preseason games a pretty good bet.  

• Like (+1) 1