LeSean McCoy allegations

9 minutes ago, fridge said:

Having read the court document from her attorney, I think it's clear that shady is incredibly petty.  A couple key points...

1. According to his ex, McCoy never broke it off, he just stopped communicating (this is provable, and seems like a weird thing to lie about... not a good look for shady)

2. According to his ex, McCoy had not asked her to move out (this... seems wrong, and what you might say if you're squatting...but that's what she's alleging)

3. According to his ex, McCoy hired movers to remove her stuff (again, bizarre that he did so without telling her to move out...allegedly)

4. According to his ex, McCoy turned off the electricity, despite her living there with her kids

A few of those details, especially the bit about turning off her electricity, seem incredibly petty but not outside of the realm of an attempt to evict.  The part that is most tricky to me is how it all started so suddenly and how little communication she alleges that she had with McCoy.

McCoy's lack of empathy to the ex is a notable fact of the "case", and I feel like a clear motive is easily provable.  I think it's entirely possible that McCoy could be responsible for sending someone to the house, but it seems unlikely he would've have left an obvious trail of communication.

As of tonight there has been no evidence released that suggests McCoy is at all involved, and I think that conjecture from the original instagram post and the lack of empathy in this story overall could lead to a suspension as an investigation digs a little deeper.  It does seem though, that apart from tying him to the beating/robbing, there would be any reason to assume any criminal charges will come about.

I think it's clear Shady's ex's lawyer says he's incredibly petty.  

I also think the ex's-via-lawyer's story - "He wanted to marry me May 29th, then tried to kick me out June 1st" - is...let's say, incomplete.  I'm thinking maybe the story begins sometime before the 29th.

2 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Some degree.  But a good lawyer would tell her to keep her trap shut let the police do their work and sue him civilly if their is plausible evidence he did it.  A press release is not the play.  These people may lack the sophistication to know that - suggested by the misspelling of McCoy's name.  On balance, I don't think he did it based on the limited facts that are out at this time.  

Im not sure what he did or didn’t do out of the array of accusations but the mere existence of the press release doesn’t sway me much. I think you may be over analyzing on that front 

2 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Some degree.  But a good lawyer would tell her to keep her trap shut let the police do their work and sue him civilly if their is plausible evidence he did it.  A press release is not the play.  These people may lack the sophistication to know that - suggested by the misspelling of McCoy's name.  On balance, I don't think he did it based on the limited facts that are out at this time.  

I'm thinking maybe she doesn't have all that good a lawyer.

Something about her (the lawyer) is giving me a real Saul Goodman vibe...

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

Speaking of tape. Don't homes like that usually have surveillance tapes?

I'm sure people with a lot of nice things should have surveillance. Add in a couple self defense things as well. At least they should. 

Just now, first_and_ten said:

Speaking of tape. Don't homes like that usually have surveillance tapes?

I read $800k, so no, tapes are generally unusual, but this one had a curious series of events with cameras removed and added, curious indeed. Security yes, video not so much. 

Just now, first_and_ten said:

Are you making that up ?

I've seen both reported: he removed the cameras and put up new ones, she removed the new cameras, he didn't put up new ones and she removed the old cameras, he removed the old cameras and didn't put up new ones.  

Who the hell knows what happened?  But apparently, the cameras were removed.  

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not everyone wears all their jewelry all the time.  Particularly expensive gifts.  

Most of these observations I make are not to say to people "You're wrong," but to point out "You're making assumptions, and in doing so discarding other plausible theories."  Why would you assume she'd wear jewelry gifted to her, worth five figures, on a jaunt to London?

For that matter...why the hell was she wearing it at 3:30 in the morning?  Who wears expensive bracelets while they're sleeping?  

I agree. I lean towards he probably didn't do it. I was just saying that was the only detail that gave me any inkling that links him to it.

I was taught never to travel with certain jewelry so I totally get your point. But I could see an Instagram model travelling with a bunch of jewelry she knows her ex wants back, on top of her just being an Instagram model who probably wears jewelry everywhere and takes dumb pictures. 

I also do work with some, rather unintelligent woman who said they wear bracelets while they sleep because of the way they fit and they don't latch. 

But I agree, I'd never sleep with my watch on. 

I was only saying it's the only detail of the story where it gives me the sense he could be involved.

Like you and others have pointed out, so many different ways this could have played out. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

I've seen both reported: he removed the cameras and put up new ones, she removed the new cameras, he didn't put up new ones and she removed the old cameras, he removed the old cameras and didn't put up new ones.  

I'm sure getting to the bottom of the camera mystery might go a long way in solving this crime

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn't say that.

I was just indicating my surprise that it would be put out there as a plausible possibility in this case.  It's a possibility, but not a plausible one.

Sure it's plausible.  Her cousin could have done it or she could have gotten someone else to do it.  What seems implausible is that she's wearing all this jewelry in bed.

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

Are you making that up ?

Shady apparently had the security system changed on June 1st and she had the cameras removed.

47 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...you're the only one jumping to conclusions, without evidence even.  Many of us aren't ready to pass judgement either way without hard evidence, as it is just as possible he is being framed as he is guilty.

You've certainly jugged the potential victim quite harshly. And no all of the situations that you are mentioning are not equally possible given precidents. You watch too many movies dude. People are rarely framed for crimes. People commonly beat the crap out if their exes though or do something ****ty to an exe that !@#$s them up to get back at them. Ask any one in law enforcement to offer an opinon on that one.

Edited by MURPHD6

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Who was holding the ladder...

My gut feeling, truth be told, is that she got into some kind of altercation not related to Shady.  Whether a basic break-in, or she brought home a guy and somehow angered him.  She then got the crap beaten out of her.  While battered, she realized she could really screw McCoy over if she claimed it was McCoy setting up the robbery and lied about the attacker demanding specific items she knew he wanted.  This way, she'd not only stick it to him, but it would generate a ton of free publicity and sympathy for the public.  IIRC, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that she changed her Twitter to 'followers only' and has picked up a ton of new ones.  I think she took something unrelated to Shady and manipulated it to her advantage.

...note, that's my opinion.  I am not certain...there isn't enough (any) evidence, and as far as I'm concerned it is still quite possible he was indeed responsible.  So, while I have a hunch, I will not pass judgement in any direction until the facts are in.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I think it's clear Shady's ex's lawyer says he's incredibly petty.  

I also think the ex's-via-lawyer's story - "He wanted to marry me May 29th, then tried to kick me out June 1st" - is...let's say, incomplete.  I'm thinking maybe the story begins sometime before the 29th.

I agree.  Pure speculation, but it's possible the "more to the story" part could also include a third person that actually robbed her/beat her, potentially someone else that she knows or was involved with.

Right now it's...

"I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months"

vs.

He dumped me without saying anything, tried to evict me by shutting off the electricity/moving my stuff, and did so without any warning

The beating/robbing/instagram post could be terrible luck for shady.  It could also mean she's telling the truth. I dunno who to go with here, but it feels like the making of a true crime documentary.

1 minute ago, MURPHD6 said:

You've certainly jugged the potential victim quite harshly. And no not as possible or as probable given precidents. You watch too many movies dude. People are rarely framed for crimes. People commonly beat the crap out if their exes though.

Wasn't there just a case where a woman claimed her boyfriend beat her, but video showed she was beaten up by another woman?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Red King said:

My gut feeling, truth be told, is that she got into some kind of altercation not related to Shady.  Whether a basic break-in, or she brought home a guy and somehow angered him.  She then got the crap beaten out of her.  While battered, she realized she could really screw McCoy over if she claimed it was McCoy setting up the robbery and lied about the attacker demanding specific items she knew he wanted.  This way, she'd not only stick it to him, but it would generate a ton of free publicity and sympathy for the public.  IIRC, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that she changed her Twitter to 'followers only' and has picked up a ton of new ones.  I think she took something unrelated to Shady and manipulated it to her advantage.

...note, that's my opinion.  I am not certain...there isn't enough (any) evidence, and as far as I'm concerned it is still quite possible he was indeed responsible.  So, while I have a hunch, I will not pass judgement in any direction until the facts are in.

So we can just type "I will not pass judgement" immediately following a fabricated story that does nothing but pass judgement. Is that how this works?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

You've certainly jugged the potential victim quite harshly. And no not as possible or as probable given precidents. You watch too many movies dude. People are rarely framed for crimes. People commonly beat the crap out if their exes though.

This one has all the ingredients to a made for tv movie. Security camera lapes, hired henchmen. A famous guy and allegations. Jewelery and female victims. 

We don't have an arrest yet. We still on an investigation detective. 

Edited by Lfod

Just now, MURPHD6 said:

When did I judge the victim?  Where?  Saying she might have framed him being plausible?  Never said it was likely.  There are a number of plausible explanations and I refuse to join a lynch mob without evidence, unlike others it seems.

I hate the whole "If yer not for us, you're 'gainst us!" mentality.  There is not enough (any) evidence to conclude McCoy was responsible.  Likewise...there is not enough (any) evidence yet to clear him, either!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, fridge said:

So we can just type "I will not pass judgement" immediately following a fabricated story that does nothing but pass judgement. Is that how this works?

Saying something is plausible isn't the same as saying it happened.  Good lord...  ?

Or, let me put it another way.  My kids break a lamp.  I think it's more likely my daughter's fault, she's the wild one.  But I can't chew her out for it without proof, even if I think her doing it is the most likely scenario.  I have a number of plausible scenarios, and one I think most likely, but I still cannot conclude what happened without actual proof.

...clear things up?

Edited by The Red King

1 minute ago, MURPHD6 said:

Oh wow. One story. I bet you use this one all the time. Your cute.

That's from today, meathead.   I didn't even have to search for it.

I thought you were out, BTW.   What gives...

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

When did I judge the victim?  Where?  Saying she might have framed him being plausible?  Never said it was likely.  There are a number of plausible explanations and I refuse to join a lynch mob without evidence, unlike others it seems.

I hate the whole "If yer not for us, you're 'gainst us!" mentality.  There is not enough (any) evidence to conclude McCoy was responsible.  Likewise...there is not enough (any) evidence yet to clear him, either!

Every single time you insist that a potential  victim of violence might have done it themselves you judge them.

If you have reservations, you can keep them to youself, most sensible folk do that, instead of demanding proof.

Edited by MURPHD6

Just now, The Red King said:

Or, let me put it another way.  My kids break a lamp.  I think it's more likely my daughter's fault, she's the wild one.  But I can't chew her out for it without proof, even if I think her doing it is the most likely scenario.

...clear things up?

I saw that episode. It was not Marsha after all. It turned out to be Peter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2