LeSean McCoy allegations

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Exactly. How could they ever prove that unless it was recorded.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is just not enough evidence, other than Shady knows the guy who did it, and it all gets dismissed or settled outside.

...so then what does the "Judge, Jury& Executioner" Goodell sentence him to?........HIS courtroom says "proven guilty as I see it".....slightly different standard.....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then what does the "Judge, Jury& Executioner" Goodell sentence him to?........HIS courtroom says "proven guilty as I see it".....slightly different standard.....

Considering the NFL thoroughly investigated the off-duty scumbag cops incident and did nothing, when suspending him at least one game could have easily been explained away, I doubt anything happens unless they can tie this to Shady.

30 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

McCoy hired a very aggressive Attorney in Don Samuel.   He's not effing around at all.   He's not the guy you call when you're guilty, he's the guy you call when it doesn't matter you just want to bury the other guy.  

That's one way of looking at it I guess.  Could also make the argument that he's the kind of attorney you call when you're scared sh!tless of going to jail, because you know you done effed up.  

1 minute ago, KDS73 said:

That's one way of looking at it I guess.  Could also make the argument that he's the kind of attorney you call when you're scared sh!tless of going to jail, because you know you done effed up.  

True.  If you're innocent you just hire any Joe Schmoe out of the phonebook. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

For anyone still trying to catch up or looking for the direction this may take, check out MMQB, Mike Mcann just put up a good article covering both sides. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/11/lesean-mccoy-domestic-violence-allegations-bills-nfl

What about the other woman in the house that suffered minor injuries, but no pistol whipping?  What's up with that?

Police report now says there were three women there?  o_O

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

True.  If you're innocent you just hire any Joe Schmoe out of the phonebook. :rolleyes:

Especially when being accused of a felony - we all know the justice system never gets it wrong.  What's with TBD and not wanting to hire the best lawyer one can?

Edited by Heitz

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Considering the NFL thoroughly investigated the off-duty scumbag cops incident and did nothing, when suspending him at least one game could have easily been explained away, I doubt anything happens unless they can tie this to Shady.

...only (COUGH) problem I see is that you're speaking logically, expecting consistency and clarity in NFL actions......and according to the "Roger Rules The Roost" handbook, those words are purposely excluded......

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said...

C'mon now.  Just saying that hiring the hard-hitting badass bigtime lawyer doesn't automatically meant that you're innocent.  

38 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

McCoy hired a very aggressive Attorney in Don Samuel.   He's not effing around at all.   He's not the guy you call when you're guilty, he's the guy you call when it doesn't matter you just want to bury the other guy.  

I am sure he is of higher quality than her lawyer.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're going to put out an Instagram post saying somebody repeatedly beat their kid and dog, you might have to prepare for some backlash of why you never reported it.

I thought this myself.  Idk the law on child abuse but is one legally obligated to report the abuse of a child?

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Especially when being accused of a felony - we all know the justice system never gets it wrong.  What's with TBD and not wanting to hire the best lawyer one can?

I suspect it's people who don't like Shady and want to see him be guilty.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're going to put out an Instagram post saying somebody repeatedly beat their kid and dog, you might have to prepare for some backlash of why you never reported it.

Especially when the mother of the child that's alleged to have been abused, and who has no love lost for Shady, comes to his defense.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...only (COUGH) problem I see is that you're speaking logically, expecting consistency and clarity in NFL actions......and according to the "Roger Rules The Roost" handbook, those words are purposely excluded......

There is some consistency.  Goodell can't do a thing unless Shady is tied to the assault.

Just now, KDS73 said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said...

C'mon now.  Just saying that hiring the hard-hitting badass bigtime lawyer doesn't automatically meant that you're innocent.  

It's what you were implying.  And no it doesn't mean you're innocent, but if you're going to hire a lawyer to fight a serious (looming) charge, you should hire the best one you can afford.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Victims often feel scared for their lives and their kid's lives and either don't report things like that themselves or beg family/friends not to. This could all be a scam...but there could also be legitimate reasons for why it was never reported. 

Obviously, if it is true, she was right about what LeSean is capable of. Not saying I would've done the same, just that it certainly isn't an easy or cut and dry decision if you really are a victim. 

29 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Thanks for posting, I don't do Instagram.  Big endorsement when his ex will stand up for how he treats his son.

I wish I could say it means something, but it doesn't.  I certainly didn't expect her to say "sure, he beats the boy all the time, but I just let it happen without doing anything."  Then she becomes a target for backlash, and maybe even CPS.  

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's what you were implying.  And no it doesn't mean you're innocent, but if you're going to hire a lawyer to fight a serious (looming) charge, you should hire the best one you can afford.

No, the guy I quoted was the one doing the implying.  I simply implied there's more than one way to look at it.  Try to keep up.  

Edited by KDS73

No, the guy I quoted was the one doing the implying.  I simply implied there's more than one way to look at it.  Try to keep up.  

Then he wasn't implying anything either.

13 minutes ago, KDS73 said:

So, get the top-rated defense attorney in the state of Georgia and have a great shot at making everything go away.  Or get someone not as good and possibly have to worry about dropping soap bars in the shower.   

Not much of a decision, really...

oh ok, if you say so.  

If hiring a lawyer to defend yourself implies you are guilty then what does it mean when the accuser hires a lawyer?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Victims often feel scared for their lives and their kid's lives and either don't report things like that themselves or beg family/friends not to. This could all be a scam...but there could also be legitimate reasons for why it was never reported. 

Obviously, if it is true, she was right about what LeSean is capable of. Not saying I would've done the same, just that it certainly isn't an easy or cut and dry decision if you really are a victim. 

If she is scared for her and her kids lives wtf won’t she leave his house? 

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Should the real question here be why McCoy would ever buy a house outside of Atlanta?..

Supposedly Atlanta has a good party scene, so maybe for that reason alone.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So, get the top-rated defense attorney in the state of Georgia and have a great shot at making everything go away.  Or get someone not as good and possibly have to worry about dropping soap bars in the shower.   

Agreed. Hire the best lawyer you can.  Still doesn't mean you're automatically innocent.   

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's not a hard concept.  Again, guilty or innocent, you hire the best attorney you can afford.  Even if that means having to sell stuff to get him/her.

Agreed. Hire the best lawyer you can.  Still doesn't mean you're automatically innocent.   

Doesn't mean you're guilty either.  The only thing it means is...you're smart for hiring that lawyer.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's not a hard concept.  Again, guilty or innocent, you hire the best attorney you can afford.  Even if that means having to sell stuff to get him/her.

Exactly. This is way more than just about football for him too. Something like this can get you jail time. And when the prime of his career is dwindling, it's not like he has long for this life as it is. Better to spend it on your terms than locked behind concrete walls & eating slop 3 times a day.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If she is scared for her and her kids lives wtf won’t she leave his house? 

Exactly,   she accuses him of all these horrible things,  yet he's been trying since 2016 to get her to leave and she won't.  

4 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Exactly,   she accuses him of all these horrible things,  yet he's been trying since 2016 to get her to leave and she won't.  

The lawyer is going to be all over the victim shaming. Zeke’s lawyer did the same.  I do think it’s a fair question to raise though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The lawyer is going to be all over the victim shaming 

Two wrongs don't make a right.. However, if she was wasn't where she wasn't supposed to be in the first place this could not have happened.   I'd be all over it as well. 

...folks, I think despite the media fueled frenzy, we should all step back and consider the facts as we know them, indisputable and rock solid......so I'll offer FACT #1-Party City does NOT carry her size "balloons" period. I can attest to this FACTUALLY. I've checked numerous times and continue to do so DAILY to no avail and am a volunteer "balloon evaluator". Thus let's move on to FACT#2-.......???......

3 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.. However, if she was wasn't where she wasn't supposed to be in the first place this could not have happened.   I'd be all over it as well. 

True, I’m not blaming her for anything. Just a question as to why she felt safe enough to remain in his house for a year after he tried to kick her out, with her kids, if he’s a DV and  child abuser as she claims. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

True, I’m not blaming her for anything. Just a question as to why she felt safe enough to remain in his house for a year after he tried to kick her out, with her kids, if he’s a DV and  abuser. 

Well it kinda sounds like she was happy to use his house and keep his jewelry until someone retaliated.   Now of course she's a victim and he's an abuser.  Perspective changes when your on the receiving end.