Mike Gillislee in danger of not making Patriots roster

You are an NFL RB (whogenerally have a very short football lifespan)and you are gonna turn down 3 million or 6 million bucks???

Going to a team where u could get a SB ring?

I say bravo Gilleslie..You made the correct decision

4 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Remember when Mike Gillislee had more TDs than the Buffalo Bills for the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

In the long run I'll take Matt Milano over a RB that scored goal line TDs for a team led by Tom Brady.

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

We would have been better w Gilly and it was still a dumb move to let him walk w the low tender. RB #2 was a huge problem and our offense was worse because of it.

Can't let young talent walk.

What do you think our record would have been with Gillislee and without Milano?

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What do you think our record would have been with Gillislee and without Milano?

The Bills were 3-1 before Ramon Humber was sidelined............so just .500 once Milano started getting the majority of snaps.

Also they probably played their best defensive game of the year without Milano against the Jags.    

I have hopes for Milano but plenty of rookie LB's get far more credit than they deserve in year one and then drop off.  

Whenever the Bills try to re-set they end up in this spot and we get a new Brandon Spoon. 

The common thread usually being that they were forced into action due to a serious lack of depth..........which describes Milano.

It's not like he was making plays all over the field.   When the D was solid he was solid.........when it was awful his play was awful.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DJB said:

Once he's cut bring him back. It be nice to win something  over the Pats.

A taste of their own medicine  

4.6 million they paid him and he sat the second half of the season basically.

we won that one. Bill B  is getting weird acquiring Bills players.

and hell no to bringing back TD MikeG. we have Ivory for that role.

are Bills going 3 rb and 2 fbs this season ?
Is Tolbert still on the roster ? !!

53 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I don't.  Ivory was still decent and contributed a lot in the pass game with the Jags, which Mike doesn't.   He wasn't used a ton the last couple years so he should be relatively fresh.  

Ivory can still play ball. some look at last years stats and make a short sighted conclusion. Context.
He will be fine spell for Shady. But we need another Shady styled back IMO. youngster

50 minutes ago, Tcali said:

You are an NFL RB (whogenerally have a very short football lifespan)and you are gonna turn down 3 million or 6 million bucks???

Going to a team where u could get a SB ring?

I say bravo Gilleslie..You made the correct decision

I agree.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah...I think you kind of got it mixed here.

You "win something" over someone if you get something they want.

If they cut him, they don't want him, hence bringing him back would not "win"

Unless he runs for 150 with a couple TD’s! :)

No idea what he’d offer, so I’m just kidding.  (Mostly) 

TD Mike hurts himself by not being a better pass catcher (at least compared to the other NE RBs). NE loves throwing to the rbs and Lewis and Burkhead could create mismatches for them in the passing game. They value versatility and Mike is not as versatile as some of the other guys they had last year. 

15 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

TD Mike hurts himself by not being a better pass catcher (at least compared to the other NE RBs). NE loves throwing to the rbs and Lewis and Burkhead could create mismatches for them in the passing game. They value versatility and Mike is not as versatile as some of the other guys they had last year. 

That's on them.  He's never been a prolific pass-catcher.

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bellichik is the ultimate AFC East troll.  I think he pays guys in the division more than theyre worth just so he doesn’t have to play them twice a year.  If it works out in New England, that’s a bonus.  

Woah...wait...that makes sense. With most players taking less cash jus to win a SB on the cheats, wtf is a few extra million to weaken the competition? #tinfoilhatgang

16 hours ago, stuvian said:

if we have outsmarted BB on this we should immortalize the day of Gillislee's cut as the dawn of a new era. So was it Beane or Whaley who should get the credit?

McD gets all the credit, Whiley the blame and Beane the shadow.

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Remember when so many here were losing their minds over a backup RB and assumed he would be a star in NE? That was fun.

And when all the NE (analytics?) fans were describing him as the most underrated player in the league.

23 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, I too remember his interview when he showered the Pats with praise over how they conduct their organization and how everyone buys in without question. 

Do you question it now Mike? I get it though because it is a business and all of us would have followed the money. Bills dropped the ball not tendering him.

The Bills did tender him, and also offered a two year contract.  NE offered more money.  

Edited by MDFan

1 hour ago, MDFan said:

The Bills did tender him, and also offered a two year contract.  NE offered more money.  

Correct. I should have stated he was given the lowest tender and not one that would require compensation from an interested team (ala Chris Hogan). 

Come home TD Mike, all is forgiven.

13 hours ago, racketmaster said:

He was considered a liability in New England because he wasn't a great pass blocker or pass catching RB and it made their offense predictable when he was in it was almost always a run. When they noticed he was not versatile enough he lost playing time and became dispensable. Honestly don't need him back on our roster with Ivory already here, we have that goal line smasher which was Gilly's forte.

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Correct. I should have stated he was given the lowest tender and not one that would require compensation from an interested team (ala Chris Hogan). 

MG was given the lowest tender, but that meant that losing him got the Bills a pick in the round in which he was drafted, which was the 5th round, which they used on Milano.  Chris Hogan was undrafted so he got them nothing. 

2 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

He was considered a liability in New England because he wasn't a great pass blocker or pass catching RB and it made their offense predictable when he was in it was almost always a run. When they noticed he was not versatile enough he lost playing time and became dispensable. Honestly don't need him back on our roster with Ivory already here, we have that goal line smasher which was Gilly's forte.

Which again is all on the Cheaters for not knowing that beforehand.  And if they did know, then it appears it was just a move to take him away from the Bills.  If so, ha ha.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

MG was given the lowest tender, but that meant that losing him got the Bills a pick in the round in which he was drafted, which was the 5th round, which they used on Milano.  Chris Hogan was undrafted so he got them nothing. 

Which again is all on the Cheaters for not knowing that beforehand.  And if they did know, then it appears it was just a move to take him away from the Bills.  If so, ha ha.

Do you honestly think the Pats really view us as a threat?  The Pats saw a player who performed well against them, like Hogan and Gilmore, and thought they would fit well on their team.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do you honestly think the Pats really view us as a threat?  The Pats saw a player who performed well against them, like Hogan and Gilmore, and thought they would fit well on their team.

And they totally ignored his inability to pass block, catch the ball, and play STs'?

9 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Would rather have him than Ivory.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, Magox said:

Yet another good recent decision by the Bills.

Wait... According to many "in the know posters" on here, the kinds who attend "high level business meetings" and have "trusted sources," the Bills are not allowed to make good decisions! How can this be? Please explain, please, oh font of great knowledge...

:worthy: