Mike Gillislee in danger of not making Patriots roster

51 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Bring him in......he might not be good enough for them, then he’s perfect for us.

Aye Carumba 

He was good with the Bills and not good with the Cheaters.  Therefore…

27 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You don't remember accurately then.

I don’t have to remember. I looked at the facts. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. He got paid. Good on him.

I understand that. I think he would have gotten paid a lot more in free agency this year if he stayed with us one more year. It’s hard to pass up money though.

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

This is yet another planted Patriots non-story in a slow news day. File this one behind “”Is Brady Playing This Season?” and “Gronkowski Seriously Considering Retirement.”

Except no one really cares about Mike Gillislee, except as a back up running back. He’s obviously not a factor for them.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Correct re Milano.

How nice would it be to see the tables turn on NE? Where they sign someone else's player, only to see him poop the bed and then return to his former team and be productive?

Doubt it happens, but that would be sweet 

I'm not sure if Gille just didn't fit or more likely the other players  moved up ahead of him. The biggest mistake I have seen the Pats make in bringing in a player that not only didn't fit but was completely incapable of adapting to their system was Chad Johnson. They brought in a receiver who wasn't a good route runner and couldn't function in their precise passing game. Because he was basically clueless in their complex passing offense he was nearly useless. The Pats are usually pretty good in bringing in roll players and maximizing their talents.  The Johnson fiasco was a fiasco that they should have known in advance wouldn't work. The Pats are usually pretty good in finding the right pieces but as do all teams that do make mistakes.   

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

What happened to him? What a drop off

I never thought he was great by any means but I always thought he was a solid backup 

There's no Shady, carrying the load the NE.

Edited by Chicken Boo

12 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

If that was true, you'd know you were wrong.

He scored three touchdowns in the Cheaters’ opening Thursday night game.   Two and a half days later the Bills scored three touchdowns against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Remember when Mike Gillislee had more TDs than the Buffalo Bills for the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

Nope...

Week 1:      Gillislee   3         Bills     3

Week 2:      Gillislee   1         Bills     0

Week3:       Gillislee   0         Bills     2

Week4:       Gillislee   0         Bills     2

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nope...

Week 1:      Gillislee   2         Bills     3

Actually, he had three touchdowns week one. But it still wasn’t more than what the Bills had at any time. 

Just now, Doc said:

Actually, he had three touchdowns week one. But it still wasn’t more than what the Bills had at any time. 

Yep.  Caught my mistake.   

But it confounds me how posters never look up stats, they just continue to defend their 'memory'...

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

He scored three touchdowns in the Cheaters’ opening Thursday night game.   Two and a half days later the Bills scored three touchdowns against the Jets.

Mikey had 4 total TD's entering week 3. The Bills had 3 entering week 3. 

Good effort to spin it to "Gillislee only had more TD's when the Bills hadn't played yet" like that isn't the silliest point of all time.

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Tough to remember something that never happened.

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nope...

Week 1:      Gillislee   3         Bills     3

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yep.  Caught my mistake.   

But it confounds me how posters never look up stats, they just continue to defend their 'memory'...

See above. Doc is the one who defended his (inaccurate) memory.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

On what planet is 4 not greater than 3 Doc?

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Mikey had 4 total TD's entering week 3. The Bills had 3 entering week 3. 

Good effort to spin it to "Gillislee only had more TD's when the Bills hadn't played yet" like that isn't the silliest point of all time.

See above. Doc is the one who defended his (inaccurate) memory.

On what planet is 4 not greater than 3 Doc?

OK, so it was actually seven days. And not (the first) three to four weeks. 

Edited by Doc

1) good for MG. Got a lot of money to play for a team that goes to the SB every year. Sucks for him it didn’t work out but good gamble.

2) can someone find the 100 page thread of posters freaking out after the Pats signed him? High comedy. No nfl fan bases cares more about backup rbs than Bills fans.

not the biggest Allen fan in the world by it would be nice if we could join the modern nfl where you could care less about your 2nd string running back.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Remember when so many here were losing their minds over a backup RB and assumed he would be a star in NE? That was fun.

We would have been better w Gilly and it was still a dumb move to let him walk w the low tender. RB #2 was a huge problem and our offense was worse because of it.

Can't let young talent walk.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. He got paid. Good on him.

Yeah he got paid more than the Bills were willing to........didn't have to take a beating......and was on a Super Bowl team.

That was life changing money and memories for him.     Easy and right decision by him and anyone who thinks he should regret it has a lack of perspective.

As for the Bills.........their running game fell off a cliff because of bad decisions made by McDermott last year.

Keeping the Roman/Lynn playbook and keeping Gillislee coming off a season where he and McCoy averaged about 5.5 ypc would have been indicative of good decision making.

Hiring Dennison and signing Tolbert were major failures by McDermott.   Shady took the worst beating of his career and career low ypc.  

As for Milano.....I am hoping he takes a step forward beyond JAG status this year.    He had flashes but he also was a mess at times.     He's a default starter but if joureyman ST'er Ramon Humber can provide similar play to you then you aren't exactly a beast.     

45 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It was until week 3, yes.

No, he had more TD's than the Bills from late 2nd quarter of week 2 to late 3rd quarter of week 3.  Meaning about 7 days and an hour.  Or 5 quarters of football.

Anyway, he flamed out there, the Bills didn't need him, and he'll soon be released.  I'd take him back just to turn the tables on them.

Just now, Doc said:

No, he had more TD's than the Bills from late 2nd quarter of week 2 to late 3rd quarter of week 3.  Meaning about 7 days and an hour.  Or 5 quarters of football.

Anyway, he flamed out there, the Bills didn't need him, and he'll soon be released.  I'd take him back just to turn the tables on them.

Oh so later than the start of week 3.  Tell Bangarang!

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

In other words, you were wrong but your ego can’t handle admitting it. 

3 hours ago, billspro said:

He made a horrible decision going to the Pats, that is on him. 

Yes... I'm wondering what the thought process was... "I think that I'll sign-on to be an overpaid marginal player with the Patriots... they have a long history of loyalty and treating guys right".

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) good for MG. Got a lot of money to play for a team that goes to the SB every year. Sucks for him it didn’t work out but good gamble.

2) can someone find the 100 page thread of posters freaking out after the Pats signed him? High comedy. No nfl fan bases cares more about backup rbs than Bills fans.

not the biggest Allen fan in the world by it would be nice if we could join the modern nfl where you could care less about your 2nd string running back.

1. He took the better offer, which is natural enough. Someone up-thread was whining about him saying nice things about his new team, which is a strange complaint.

2. After successive years of having & losing Karlos & Mike, I think the team (if not the fans) grew blasé about back-up RBs. Thus, Tolbert.

3. Sometimes it seems like Belichick goes well out of his way to overpay Bills free agents. If millions of dollars weren't involved, it would almost look like trolling...

Edited by grb

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

What happened to him? What a drop off

I never thought he was great by any means but I always thought he was a solid backup 

...we may have better with some of these kids on the roster.....pretty sure Cadet and Murphy got dinged up....Ivory may have something left in the tank.....wonder what the Banyard kid did to get signed and cut three times?....thought he showed some promise......

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Gilly and Ivory spelling Shady would take some of the load off his shoulders to carry the O, especially since it's going to take some time to get the passing game up to speed with the new QB's, OL and WR.  He'd be fighting for the last spot with Cadet, who looked pretty solid at times.  I think he's an upgrade over Murphy, Jones and Green. 

The one negative is Gilly doesn't have a lot of special teams value, which seems to be valuable with this staff. They like the utility guys who can do more than one thing, if they are not starting.

Murphy looked good last year when he got to play.  I wouldn't say Gillislee is an obvious upgrade.  He did nothing in New England, so is that who he is now?  Or is he still TD Mike from his Bills days?  Last I saw Murphy he was running through the Dolphins.  He's also younger.   Gillislee does play special teams though.  He did when he was with the Bills anyway.  He was a Rex/Whaley guy so I doubt we see him back.

Edited by purple haze

21 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It's the definition, dopey.

Make another inane argument and I will dismantle it again.

Oh my, this really does mean that much to you. You haven’t dismantled anything (lol for even saying such a pathetic thing) but you keep puffing that chest out. You can have this one even though you were wrong.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Oh my, this really does mean that much to you. You haven’t dismantled anything (lol for even saying such a pathetic thing) but you keep puffing that chest out. You can have this one even though you were wrong.

"I can't believe how much you care, I'm gonna keep posting about it, because I don't care at all!"

Have a good day.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah...I think you kind of got it mixed here.

You "win something" over someone if you get something they want.

If they cut him, they don't want him, hence bringing him back would not "win"

Still, we got a draft pick which they would "want."

36 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I think Mike would be better than Chris Ivory.

I don't.  Ivory was still decent and contributed a lot in the pass game with the Jags, which Mike doesn't.   He wasn't used a ton the last couple years so he should be relatively fresh.