Flank steak vs prime rib

I see posters claiming they would have went for sure fire thing (ala rosen) instead of taking best potential (ala Allen).. no right or wrong opinion, but If I'm gonna grill me a nice steak on the grill, I'm gonna go prime rib all day, everyday! Sure I might have to wait a little longer before I eat, compared to grilling a flank steak. But I have patience and the wait will be worth it! If ur hungry and want to eat, by all means choose the flank.. But if u have time and can wait for a better meal, choose the prime rib every time!!

Allen>Rosen

Go Bills!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

No, burgers are usually consistent. I've had far more bad steaks than bad burgers.

True.  But a good steak doesn't need to be dressed with anything to still be good (ketchup, lettuce, tomato, bacon, etc).

I'd rather have a steak cooked right then a burger that I have to dress up.

Edited by The Wiz

if i knew that your grilled prime rib recipe was fundamentally flawed and that the entire history of cookery suggested that the result would be an overcooked, dry, gag-inducing piece of leather, i would put my odds on the flank steak.

• Like (+1) 1

Tenderloin for me. All that marbling is flavor, but too fatty for my style. (Long Smith & Wolenski story from Vegas I will spare you from.) I prefer sous vide so I lessen the chance to over cook it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Tenderloin for me. All that marbling is flavor, but too fatty for my style. (Long Smith & Wolenski story from Vegas I will spare you from.) I prefer sous vide so I lessen the chance to over cook it. 

Love me some deer tenderloin.

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

i sous vide the shiz out of costco lamb chops. totes delish.

1 hour ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I see posters claiming they would have went for sure fire thing (ala rosen) instead of taking best potential (ala Allen).. no right or wrong opinion, but If I'm gonna grill me a nice steak on the grill, I'm gonna go prime rib all day, everyday! Sure I might have to wait a little longer before I eat, compared to grilling a flank steak. But I have patience and the wait will be worth it! If ur hungry and want to eat, by all means choose the flank.. But if u have time and can wait for a better meal, choose the prime rib every time!!

Allen>Rosen

Go Bills!!

Ribeye ???

11 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

if i knew that your grilled prime rib recipe was fundamentally flawed and that the entire history of cookery suggested that the result would be an overcooked, dry, gag-inducing piece of leather, i would put my odds on the flank steak.

I work in the oilfield ( Midland TX ) when some equipment breaks down  , the grill gets fired up , ribeye is my favorite at home on the grill or steakhouse , and to be honest I never ever even considered flank steak , we have quite a few Mexicans working with us and these guys know how to marinate/grill a flank steak , I never knew that they could make it so tender and flavorful I was amazed 

1 hour ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Allen>Rosen

Go Bills!!

I like a nice cut of bison steak myself. Who would that be? Darnold?

38 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Love me some deer tenderloin.

A place near us has elk tenderloin. My son ordered it and I got a taste. I thought about challenging him for it! Sadly, I would have lost any battle of brawn or wits. But it sure was good! 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Ahhhhhh, good, old, trusty, reliable, flank steak.  Can't go wrong with that.  Flank steak never lets you down.

36 minutes ago, Putin said:

I work in the oilfield ( Midland TX ) when some equipment breaks down  , the grill gets fired up , ribeye is my favorite at home on the grill or steakhouse , and to be honest I never ever even considered flank steak , we have quite a few Mexicans working with us and these guys know how to marinate/grill a flank steak , I never knew that they could make it so tender and flavorful I was amazed 

all about the process !

2 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Few, if any of the cuts of beef discussed above can throw a football forty yards downfield, eh?,

it's and analogy you idiot :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The problem with Filet is it doesn’t have the flavor.

Now, I LOVE Ribeye and it is my go to but do not sleep on Flank Steak!!!!

FS has tremendous flavor. Try making some Chimichuri and have it with some open faced FS sandwich on French Bread brochettes!!!!!!

You will thank me????

3 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

It's a bird walk through irrelevantville, you dolt;)

well phrased. and accurate. ;)

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

FS has tremendous flavor. Try making some Chimichuri and have it with some open faced FS sandwich on French Bread brochettes!!!!!!

You will thank me????

no love for the Half sirloin chunk ?

lots O flavor.

NOW anything here is Trumped (lol) severely by the enigma and rhapsody that Is

Dry Aged Beef.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You will thank me????

I get that, purely based on the cut of meat. But a properly seasoned and seared tenderloin with a red wine Demi glacé  is fabulous! Flank steak can be great if done properly (while very affordable!), and I prefer it to the fattier ribeye. Not right or wrong, just personal preference. 

That’s what happens when a thread title goes all steak around here!  :D