Flank steak vs prime rib

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just made a blackened, blue cheese crusted ribeye. It was delicious but the house remains full of smoke. I love the cast iron but hate the aftermath. It’s a pain to clean and the smoke is ruthless. 

Nice!  I grilled some ribeyes last weekend that we served over a bluecheese salad;  such a good favor combination.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just made a blackened, blue cheese crusted ribeye. It was delicious but the house remains full of smoke. I love the cast iron but hate the aftermath. It’s a pain to clean and the smoke is ruthless. 

Removing the smoke detectors for Blackening some Cajun meats is a byotch.

gotta be done though.

I am not a ribeye fan.

but i am eating one now.

Pan fried, adding 3 eggs sunny side to finish.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Nice!  I grilled some ribeyes last weekend that we served over a bluecheese salad;  such a good favor combination.

meat drippings make lettuce okay.

i too likes a proper salad while eating Beefs. and Blue Cheese is my first choice. crumbled is best

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You had to have it blackened didn't you ??  Now clean it up !!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s grillin season man! 

22 minutes ago, Putin said:

You had to have it blackened didn't you ??  Now clean it up !!!

worth the effort.

now get me some Red Snapper and shrimps

10 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

It’s grillin season man! 

finally !!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s always grilling season in New Orleans (it just happened to be raining today). 

Jealous

Being dedicated to cowboy charcoal only, and certain wood chips. as compared to gas
Grilling in WNY for me is hit and miss these days. with rain and wind getting crazy here over the last summer and still this spring, grillin' is a gift.

beer, work on the pretend race car and get some Good Smoke goin" thats grilin'

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I get that, purely based on the cut of meat. But a properly seasoned and seared tenderloin with a red wine Demi glacé  is fabulous! Flank steak can be great if done properly (while very affordable!), and I prefer it to the fattier ribeye. Not right or wrong, just personal preference. 

That’s what happens when a thread title goes all steak around here!  :D

Look, you’ll never see me turn down Filet but the flavor you speak of comes from the Veal bones and Mirepoix used to make the demiglaze ( Mmmmmmm) and the reduction with wine( and butter , I hope).

Man, suddenly I’m Hangry ??

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Use the cast iron on your grill so the smoke stays outside.

Then just leave the grill on afterwards and the pan will clean itself with a little kosher salt rub to finish it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Look, you’ll never see me turn down Filet but the flavor you speak of comes from the Veal bones and Mirepoix used to make the demiglaze ( Mmmmmmm) and the reduction with wine( and butter , I hope).

Man, suddenly I’m Hangry ??

My favorite might be a NY Strip au poivre. I get out-voted a lot by the family. The truth is, I rarely do any red meat any more, so when I go there I want what I want! There is a Ree Drummond flank steak stir fry recipe that has never failed to get 100% approval. 

What was this thread about, again? 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

My favorite might be a NY Strip au poivre. I get out-voted a lot by the family. The truth is, I rarely do any red meat any more, so when I go there I want what I want! There is a Ree Drummond flank steak stir fry recipe that has never failed to get 100% approval. 

What was this thread about, again? 

I believe the OL front 7.

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I believe the OL front 7.

Almost, but it was football related!  I went back and looked.  (Hint: the guy who throws the ball.)  

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Shouldnt we be comparing hin to lame duck then?

Duck may be what Shady has to do if Josh can’t tame his arm on those wheel routes! 

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

True.  But a good steak doesn't need to be dressed with anything to still be good (ketchup, lettuce, tomato, bacon, etc).

I'd rather have a steak cooked right then a burger that I have to dress up.

Variety is the spice of life.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, right?  I suppose I should move it to Off the Wall, but it is nominally about QB so....

It was a fair question/metaphor, but the title just made me hungry for a good steak!!! 

I like shrimp ? 

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, right?  I suppose I should move it to Off the Wall, but it is nominally about QB so....

You are the man now.  Anything you want your majesty ??

Tailgate section if we are talking food?

title thing? 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're funny.  That and $5 will get me a cup of coffee

Not a coffee guy, but is that even at a Starbucks? Does your time waiting in line get you a discount? 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be mistaken, based on posting history I would say that's his point

I’m far from a saint, but as soon as the Cav’s game ends, I’ll have a moment of prayer for people who eat hot dogs from gas........he made it..........oh my.......

Just now, Mike in Syracuse said:

What kind of crazy person grills prime rib?

It’s like poaching your socks, I don’t think it really happens. It’s two things you’ve read of, but.....no. 

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not a coffee guy, but is that even at a Starbucks? Does your time waiting in line get you a discount? 

I don't Do Starbucks if I can help it so not sure. 

It would get me a large cappuccino or latte (and change) at Panera or a local independent coffee shop or two large pour-over coffees.

That's without syrups and whipped cream and other fooferies.

1 hour ago, DaaBills said:

Flank steak is one of the best cuts when cooked and served properly. Tasty.

Don't get me wrong, I actually love flank steak, especially steak fajitas.. the point of my post tho, is flank is a lot faster to cook than others. Hence referring to Rosen (most ready to start right away comparisons). Where Allen might need some time(hence the longer cooking steak) but could be the better qb down the road. And if fans would be patient and let it play out, we will eventually see.

The whole thread took a turn and should be on the food network channel haha. I enjoyed reading through the comments, even tho they didn't pertain to the post. God bless u guys lol.. Best fans in the world!!

4 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Don't get me wrong, I actually love flank steak, especially steak fajitas.. the point of my post tho, is flank is a lot faster to cook than others. Hence referring to Rosen (most ready to start right away comparisons). Where Allen might need some time(hence the longer cooking steak) but could be the better qb down the road. And if fans would be patient and let it play out, we will eventually see.

The whole thread took a turn and should be on the food network channel haha. I enjoyed reading through the comments, even tho they didn't pertain to the post. God bless u guys lol.. Best fans in the world!!

Wait! I think this is all about how to do flank steak right! I say stir fry or sous vide then sear and you get a great meal. 

I get your point (really!), and I hope it works out as we all hope and pray. 

Just now, Augie said:

Wait! I think this is all about how to do flank steak right! I say stir fry or sous vide then sear and you get a great meal. 

I get your point (really!), and I hope it works out as we all hope and pray. 

Everyone will have their opinion on what's the best way to cook their steak (s).. I for one like variety, so I'm always up to try something new!

2 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Everyone will have their opinion on what's the best way to cook their steak (s).. I for one like variety, so I'm always up to try something new!

And we will all have different opinions on how quickly we need to bring along a young QB. So much to see and learn. It will get interesting next year when there are multiple schools of thought on how soon Josh should see the field. THAT will be major “contention time”.  It’s coming........  

(I say take your time, let him sit and learn until you’re sure he’s pretty much ready.) 

• Like (+1) 1