If Beane trades up for Allen and passes on Rosen what's your reaction?

DJB

On 4/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, DJB said:

Cry?

Scream ? 

Curl up in fetal position ? 

Opinions needed so Ill know what to do.

Edit: If anyone  throws their tv outside please record it so we can enjoy it here.

Thanks

If your scenario plays out that just may happen... or their might be a hammer going through it ??

On 4/25/2018 at 7:57 AM, DJB said:

Cry?

Scream ? 

Curl up in fetal position ? 

Opinions needed so Ill know what to do.

Edit: If anyone  throws their tv outside please record it so we can enjoy it here.

Thanks

Curious...why do you think you know more than Beane and the whole front office?  Meaning, if they trade up and take Allen, why do you think your opinion that Rosen is better than Allen is more accurate than the months and months of in depth analysis, interviews, etc that none of us can begin to comprehend that the staff put into making that decision?  

How about we all just excited that we drafted a guy our regime felt so strongly about we made a trade to get them and chose them over someone else.

There is a side of me that kind of wants it to be Allen just so I can people watch all the arm chair GM's here go on suicide watch for the next 6 months.  Allen isnt my personal choice, but if the staff feels he is the right guy, I will back it and be fine with it. 

Personally, I think we can get Allen or Rosen anywhere from pick 5 to our own pick at 12, so I would much prefer we stay put or trade less resources to get into that range rather than mortgage a ton to get to #2, especially if its for either of those guys who have strong chance to be available outside the top 4 picks.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Curious...why do you think you know more than Beane and the whole front office?  Meaning, if they trade up and take Allen, why do you think your opinion that Rosen is better than Allen is more accurate than the months and months of in depth analysis, interviews, etc that none of us can begin to comprehend that the staff put into making that decision?  

How about we all just excited that we drafted a guy our regime felt so strongly about we made a trade to get them and chose them over someone else.

There is a side of me that kind of wants it to be Allen just so I can people watch all the arm chair GM's here go on suicide watch for the next 6 months.  Allen isnt my personal choice, but if the staff feels he is the right guy, I will back it and be fine with it. 

Personally, I think we can get Allen or Rosen anywhere from pick 5 to our own pick at 12, so I would much prefer we stay put or trade less resources to get into that range rather than mortgage a ton to get to #2, especially if its for either of those guys who have strong chance to be available outside the top 4 picks.  

I agree with this, though I would trade up to 2 for Darnold.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If we trade to #2, I want it to be for Darnold or Baker (Baker being my personal choice).  

I prefer Darnold, but I like Baker, too.  I just haven't gotten much of an impression that we are looking at him.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I prefer Darnold, but I like Baker, too.  I just haven't gotten much of an impression that we are looking at him.

They have met a lot with Baker actually, so I think he's very much in play.  But like you, I also like Darnold.  But truthfully, I will be excited about any of the top 5 or 6 guys as they all are strong prospects in their own right.  But like anyone, I have my preferences.

To be honest,  I don't think I have a strong preference among the top four,  so I think I'd be OK with this.  I think Rosen is (barely) the best overall prospect of the bunch,  but in terms of personality,  I don't know about him,  especially in a blue collar town like Buffalo.  

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

At the time I made the thread it looked  certain  Darnold  was going  to Cleveland . Also looking  around the boards there are the least amount  of support for Allen than any other top 4 QB

Would  you prefer I sub Darnold  for Rosen in the title?

On 4/25/2018 at 11:07 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

You feel your amateur, arm's length assessment is better than a team of professionals who have access to information you'll never be able to imagine?

I'm high on Rosen and like him the most of the Big 4, but we don't know how the interviews went, and we dont know what the FO plans are.

Yet we see these NFL FOs operate every year and know that they really have no better clue than the avid fans of football and in the case of the Bills historically, that may be giving the FO way too much credit.

45 minutes ago, DJB said:

At the time I made the thread it looked  certain  Darnold  was going  to Cleveland . Also looking  around the boards there are the least amount  of support for Allen than any other top 4 QB

Would  you prefer I sub Darnold  for Rosen in the title?

My point was, why is anyone going to freak out?  Do you think you know more than Beane and the Bills research?  If not, then clearly there is no reason to freak out no matter which QB they felt was the right one.  Anyone who freaks out on draft night before these guys step on the field is just stressing themselves out for no reason.  

Yes, everyone will have a "preferred" top guy...but at the end of the day, we know a faction of what Beane and the staff know about these guys who have put thousands of hours into researching players.  Will they always be correct, absolutely not, no one can predict the future.  But clearly, if they spend coveted draft picks to trade up an go get a guy its beause they feel pretty strong about that player.  So to freak out because you have a different opinion based on internet write ups and highlight videos seems like a complete waste of time. 

So rather than start a thread about how best to freak out, how about everyone just be excited that we went out and got an exciting new QB prospect that our team felt so strong about they went and got him.

Celebration!!!!!!!:D

Funny how our armchair GMs really do think they know better than the professional scouts and analysts., cause they read a couple stat lines and maybe, maybe watched a couple youtube videos, I remember when no one here wanted Rosen, then there was the 1st "rumor" that the Bills were "in love" with Rosen and all of a sudden all the typical Buffalo bandwagoneers jumped on.

Edited by greeneblitz

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My point was, why is anyone going to freak out?  Do you think you know more than Beane and the Bills research?  If not, then clearly there is no reason to freak out no matter which QB they felt was the right one.  Anyone who freaks out on draft night before these guys step on the field is just stressing themselves out for no reason.  

Yes, everyone will have a "preferred" top guy...but at the end of the day, we know a faction of what Beane and the staff know about these guys who have put thousands of hours into researching players.  Will they always be correct, absolutely not, no one can predict the future.  But clearly, if they spend coveted draft picks to trade up an go get a guy its beause they feel pretty strong about that player.  So to freak out because you have a different opinion based on internet write ups and highlight videos seems like a complete waste of time. 

So rather than start a thread about how best to freak out, how about everyone just be excited that we went out and got an exciting new QB prospect that our team felt so strong about they went and got him.

One reason I will have some pause is because 12 teams passéd on watson last year including us. Sometimes I just don’t understand what they see even though we all see it. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

One reason I will have some pause is because 12 teams passéd on watson last year including us. Sometimes I just don’t understand what they see even though we all see it. 

Here is the thing...the only players that people around here recall, are the ones they liked that succeed.  People here dont mention the 1000 other players they were adamant we draft and ended up being busts.  People here clamored to extreme degrees for countless busts in the NFL.  But then they will say, "see...I told you so" about a guy like Watson when in reality, they didnt know Watson was going to be a success anymore than any other player they previously hyped up, its just Watson actually showed promise once he got on an NFL field.  

No one can tell the future, and even the dumbest fan in the world will be right from time to time just on sheer probability...just as the smartest fan is going to still be wrong more than he will be right because no one has a winning percentage on projecting players in the NFL in the history of the NFL.  

So it isnt what "we" see that "they" (being the teams) dont see...its that no one really knows what these guys will do at the next level.  But teams make more informed decisions to try and increase the probability to be right.  More often than not, they will be wrong...and fans are wrong more than they are.  But, fans only romanticize the time their choice was right instead of owning all the other players they were completely wrong about.

• SDS locked this topic