Allbright: "It's Darnold" UPDATE: He admits he was wrong

KDIGGZ

Insider Ben Albright who has been pretty spot on with his Browns insider info says it's going to be Darnold. He posted the following tweet then deleted it. He's either trolling or the Browns have made up their mind. You decide:

IMG_20180424_161211.jpg

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I believe it.

And then the Giants are so committed to Barkley, that they wouldn't take 2 more first round picks for #2??

C'mon. If Darnold is taken at 1, the Bills should be able to get Rosen at 2.

If darnold goes one, the Bille can wait until four or five most likely. The giants can get their gold jacket stud at two, forget their asking price, forget them all together.

The Giants have been trending down outside from their one outlier playoff appearance. They want to take a RB second overall, so be it, they will ultimately be parting with gettleman a second time.

• Like (+1) 3

brady quinn was going over his possible scenarios today for the top 10.  if i remember correctly, (someone let me know if you heard it) where if darnold was one, the giants would be willing to trade from two.  i don't recall how, be he described a three team trade involving the colts, giants and bills.  i think the colts trade to 2, the giants take the colts pick at 6(?) and the bills trade up to 2 from the colts.  this way the giants can stay close to the top, and the colts get some extra picks.  who did he have the bills taking at 2?  allen.  yup.

edit:  in this scenario, he somehow had barkley falling to 6, and the giants getting him anyway.  again, i'm not sure if this is exactly as stated.

Edited by teef

1 minute ago, teef said:

brady quinn was going over his possible scenarios today for the top 10.  if i remember correctly, (someone let me know if you heard it) where if darnold was one, the giants would be willing to trade from two.  i don't recall how, be he described a three team trade involving the colts, giants and bills.  i think the colts trade to 2, the giants take the colts pick at 6(?) and the bills trade up to 2 from the colts.  this way the giants can stay close to the top, and the colts get some extra picks.  who did he have the bills taking at 2?  allen.  yup.

That was a rumor a week ago. It's plausible.

Seems that the Bills have been working with Giants/Colts and Broncos separately, in order to try to get up there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t get it. If he knows or thinks he knows, why did he delete it? He usually likes to throw a parade when he spouts off info.

Either his source told him to delete it or he wants to more ceremoniously announce it somehow. Tweeting it to a bunch of millennials online isn't the most exciting way to break the most closely guarded secret in the NFL draft

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

If darnold goes one, the Bille can wait until four or five most likely. The giants can get their gold jacket stud at two, forget their asking price, forget them all together.

The Giants have been trending down outside from their one outlier playoff appearance. They want to take a RB second overall, so be it, they will ultimately be parting with gettleman a second time.

The point of getting up to #2 is to leap-frog the Jets, so they don't take the QB we want.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

edit:  in this scenario, he somehow had barkley falling to 6, and the giants getting him anyway.  again, i'm not sure if this is exactly as stated.

This would make sense for him to fall. 

1) Darnold (Browns)

2) Rosen (Bills)

3) Mayfield (Jets)

4) Chubb (Browns)

5) Nelson (Broncos) 

6) Barkley (Giants)

can't see Denver taking Barkley, and everyone is happy here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

The Colts trade down, then up, then down again? Lol

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Either his source told him to delete it or he wants to more ceremoniously announce it somehow. Tweeting it to a bunch of millennials online isn't the most exciting way to break the most closely guarded secret in the NFL draft

How do you accidentally tweet that anyway? In my experience, accidental tweets only happen when you're drunk.

Is Albright drunk?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

John Dorsey is regarded as one of the most tight lipped GMs in the NFL.  Nothing out there is known for fact.  People are just speculating and hoping it sticks. 

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Darnold goes 1

Giants trade out of 2 to the Bills.

Bills trade #2 + more to the Browns for Darnold

Browns take Baker or Allen at 2.

do you think Gettleman would be pissed?

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

How do you accidentally tweet that anyway? In my experience, accidental tweets only happen when you're drunk.

Is Albright drunk?

He's drunk with power and his own narcissism

Edited by kdiggz

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This would make sense for him to fall. 

1) Darnold (Browns)

2) Rosen (Bills)

3) Mayfield (Jets)

4) Chubb (Browns)

5) Nelson (Broncos) 

6) Barkley (Giants)

can't see Denver taking Barkley, and everyone is happy here. 

i think this is exactly how it fell.  not sure if the broncos took nelson, but they had the browns taking chubb at 4 and skipping on barkley.  

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I believe it.

And then the Giants are so committed to Barkley, that they wouldn't take 2 more first round picks for #2??

C'mon. If Darnold is taken at 1, the Bills should be able to get Rosen at 2.

I just don't see it.   If the Giants want a QB they aren't moving back.   If they love some other guy, they aren't moving back, because back means behind the Browns and maybe behind the Broncos.   They'll worry that they'll lose their guy.

Only way the Giants are trading back is if they don't want a QB and they aren't in love with a non-QB.   Seems pretty unlikely.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The point of getting up to #2 is to leap-frog the Jets, so they don't take the QB we want.

Yes, it would be nice to get ahead of the Jets.   But unless someone can give the Giants #4, they aren't moving back.  

And maybe, just maybe, the Bills and Jets want different guys.   So the Browns could get their fav at 1, the Jets get their fav at 3 AND the Bills get their fav at 5.  Even that seems possible, because there sure doesn't seem to be a clear consensus about the QBs.  

I have believed (feared) for a while that Cleveland will take Darnold #1 overall.

Has nothing to do with this tweet, but I think that's going to happen.

Question is what happens next.

I hope I am wrong and the Browns take Allen; don't think we will be that lucky.

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just don't see it.   If the Giants want a QB they aren't moving back.   If they love some other guy, they aren't moving back, because back means behind the Browns and maybe behind the Broncos.   They'll worry that they'll lose their guy.

Only way the Giants are trading back is if they don't want a QB and they aren't in love with a non-QB.   Seems pretty unlikely.  

apparently the only qb they want that high is darnold.  i think that's the basis for trades.  

It's also worth noting that Allbright is based out of Denver and covers the Broncos primarily and it is his belief that they will be trading back with the Bills for 12 and 22 and targeting Ward at CB and Hernandez at G with those picks. Bills moving up for Allen or Rosen

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm so confident in the Jets ineptitude, that whatever QB they want, probably is the worst one of the class.

This is the same GM who drafted Hack' in the second.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t get it. If he knows or thinks he knows, why did he delete it? He usually likes to throw a parade when he spouts off info.

I was assuming it was because the NFL has asked all teams and media not to tip their picks.