4-23: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live

4-23: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live (20:35)

#Bills general manager Brandon Beane joins @OneBillsLive next on WGR! Tune in:

Beane - there are a lot of QBs that aren't even being talked about in the first round that have potential to be good QBs. #Bills

Beane - it's a quarterback league. I've said that 100 times. These guys have been identified by a lot of people, and all of them have shown that they belong. They all have flaws, but it's about what flaws are you willing to deal with. #Bills

Beane - the last guy that was the clear, consensus #1 QB was Andrew Luck. Since then, it hasn't been the case. You can ask 32 teams who's the #1, #2, or #3 guy and the variations would be different. #Bills

Beane - We've identified each player that we're considering. We've pointed out their strengths and weaknesses, and then if we draft a certain guy, we have a plan. #Bills

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, kdiggz said:

I don't want to hear about Allen's big hands or how his arm strength allows him to throw through lake effect snow storms

However, I would like to hear more about how Dan Orlovsky is convinced Allen doesn't know how to read defenses, because that actually makes sense given his horrendous film.

10 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Can't wait for Beane to tell us what draft pick they are trading up to.

Hopefully we pick at 12 and 22.  I'd like to see him stand tall in the face of all the media hype and fan screaming for a move up.  useless to move up when you have picks in the first round, and holes everywhere on your roster.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Hopefully we pick at 12 and 22.  I'd like to see him stand tall in the face of all the media hype and fan screaming for a move up.  useless to move up when you have picks in the first round, and holes everywhere on your roster.

And no hole greater than QB. It's that simple. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wrong switch! :angry:

Blowing it!  Good thing for Twitter, fans have been letting them hear it...

Was enjoying Murph / Tasker. 

And we're back!

Just now, Homey D. Clown said:

And no prospect past the top 2 worth the jump, it's as simple as that.

You are clairvoyant then ? We know the Bills need a QB. How do you know which QBs will pan out and which won't? Shouldn't you be on an NFL FO staff ? Make a career out of picking lottery numbers etc. 

2 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

And no prospect past the top 2 worth the jump, it's as simple as that.

Except its not... 

You'll have to excuse the clown speaking in absolutes about something he has no inside knowledge on nor is he a professional scout. 

I'm all for hearing your opinion, but discussing it that way just makes said opinion go right out the window...

Sounds like they'll be fine with any of the top 4, or maybe even top 6.

Like they subscribe to the idea that all these guys have the ability to succeed and you just need to create a good environment for them.

They have a process in place for that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Like they subscribe to the idea that all these guys have the ability to succeed and you just need to create a good environment for them.

It's entirely possible they have the QBs rated very similarly outside of one , perhaps two players. There doesn't seem to be a consensus by the pundits either, so this seems reasonable. There's no Luck/ Newton in this draft. 

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Saying you are adapatable to the strengths and weakness of whichever qb you end up with does not necessarily imply they don't have a strong preference for 1 or 2.

Edited by Dr. Who

Enjoyed hearing him talk about their mock process and how he doesn't make any of picks for the Bills or the other teams but instead makes everyone defend their selection. I suspect their mocks closely mirror the mocks in all the other war rooms around the league. 

I'm also convinced that Beane is totally unaffected by media and fan desires. I get the impression he's going to trust his board, too. So, if the right deal for moving up doesn't materialize, I think he's content with letting the draft come to him. And while I hope he can move up and get a QB he likes, I'm confident he's going to find good players, regardless. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Saying you are adapatable to the strenghs and weakness of whichever qb you end up with does not necessarily imply they don't have a strong preference for 1 or 2.

Well, they definitely have them ranked #1-#6. But, that doesn't mean they're picky.

It gives off the impression that they're willing to settle.

24 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Oh no.......

I'm pretty sure every draft/scouting expert I have heard/read commenting on the QB class this year (that's about 10 million guys) has pointed out that each of the top QB prospects is flawed.

But the flaws are varied and it's a case of picking the combo of good/bad that appeals to you most, given availability when you pick.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, they definitely have them ranked #1-#6. But, that doesn't mean they're picky.

It gives off the impression that they're willing to settle.

If true, they won't trade up.  I hope you are incorrect in your surmise.  

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It's entirely possible they have the QBs rated very similarly outside of one , perhaps two players. There doesn't seem to be a consensus by the pundits either, so this seems reasonable. There's no Luck/ Newton in this draft. 

And even if there was, we have seen some quarterbacks that didn't have the draft day appeal of those 2 actually achieve more in the league.  Russell Wilson comes to mind, among others.

I do agree there is definitely no consensus #1.  In fact, every expert you hear seems to have a different idea of the pecking order.

Some experts believe Allen will go #1.  Others believe Allen is a major work project and nowhere close to playing at the NFL level, others believe he will never be good at the NFL level.

Opinions are highly varied this year.