Draft Day Dark Horse Prediction!!!!

Note: 

These are predictions that are not of the "Darnold goes #1 overall" flavor.  They are that special combo of unexpected by the majority, but you think there's a decent chance they come true.

So here are mine:

Barkley falls out of the top 8.

Broncos trade back from #5 with a non-Bills team.

Sony Michel goes by the end of the first round.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Note: 

These are predictions that are not of the "Darnold goes #1 overall" flavor.  They are that special combo of unexpected by the majority, but you think there's a decent chance they come true.

So here are mine:

None of those would surprise me, although I think the Broncos will trade 5 (and a later round pick) to the Bills for 12 and 22.

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Note: 

So here are mine:

I like these.  Although I would put Barkley outside the top 8 as the least likely.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

None of those would surprise me, although I think the Broncos will trade 5 (and a later round pick) to the Bills for 12 and 22.

I think they are eyeing a top 10 player and won't drop to 12.  I see a potential trade back to #8 and taking Minkah

Just now, jmc12290 said:

I think they are eyeing a top 10 player and won't drop to 12.  I see a potential trade back to #8 and taking Minkah

But who’s going to offer them a high enough pick?  Dolphins are at 11 and I don’t see anyone in the 7-10 range wanting to trade up.

1 minute ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Would be interesting considering no one is talking about him going one, dark horse prediction,  and they are obviously taking a QB.  Don’t want it to happen cause I want Rosen. 

It's already been reported he's off their board entirely. He doesn't want to play there and they don't want someone that doesn't want to play there

11 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Note: 

So here are mine:

Great topics JMC!! I like your predictions too. 

-The Bills take a RB before the end of rd 3. 

-The Saints take Lamar Jackson

-Josh Jackson & Kolton Miller will be the last 2 in the green room (excluding Shaq Griffin).

2 minutes ago, Sharp1128 said:

Bills keep #12, trade up to 7 by using #22 & 2nd and a mid round pick next year. Take Rosen at 7, then trade  back from 12 to a team that needs QB like Arizona.

This would be awesome but it bordering on the fantastical IMO. Rosen at #7 and nobody is dropping to #22 for a second and third rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills try to trade into the top 6 but everybody wants to crow bar the Bills & won't offer a fair deal. Everyone gets too cute thinking the Bills are desperate for a QB; we trade with Tampa Bay & draft Barkley the best player in the draft. AJ plays great---nobody can stop the 2 headed monster---Shady & Barkley-----Bills win Super Bowl !!!!

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Note: 

So here are mine:

If the Broncos trade with another team, it's because the Bills told them "No Thanks!"   Any GM in the league who's considering a trade down proposal from another team would very likely call Buffalo first before agreeing to any deal as they know Buffalo COULD offer the most IF they want to.

27 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Bills try to trade into the top 6 but everybody wants to crow bar the Bills & won't offer a fair deal. Everyone gets too cute thinking the Bills are desperate for a QB; we trade with Tampa Bay & draft Barkley the best player in the draft. AJ plays great---nobody can stop the 2 headed monster---Shady & Barkley-----Bills win Super Bowl !!!!

i was thinking exactly the same thing

except the part about Barkley.

23 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If the Broncos trade with another team, it's because the Bills told them "No Thanks!"   Any GM in the league who's considering a trade down proposal from another team would very likely call Buffalo first before agreeing to any deal as they know Buffalo COULD offer the most IF they want to.

The thing about offers is you have to offer things other teams value.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Bills-Broncos trade is possible.

Broncos might still get a top 10 player in their board from the 12 slot because it is doubtful they have 4 QBs rated that high. 

Darkhorse predictions: 

The Pats try like absolute hell to move up and get a QB, but every NFL owner/GM says :censored:  you BB and :censored:  you Bob Kraft. The reign of terror is almost at an end. :thumbsup:

- Bears trade up for Saquan Barkley

- Giants take a QB or trade back, nothing else

- Lamar Jackson is still on the board Friday night

- Reading a lot of Josh Rosen may slip, or if one slips it'll be Rosen......won't happen.  Gone by pick #6 at the very latest.

- Baker Mayfield doesn't come close to living up to the expectations of a top 10 pick

- Saquan Barkley is no where near the slam dunk prospect he's made out to be.  Listen to Joe Klatt on the Cowherd show.  He has a lot of interesting stats that go against what you normally hear about Barkley.  I'd predict a couple of lesser know RB's in this draft end up having longer and more productive careers as RB's in the NFL

- Duke Dawson, CB, Florida will be a very good NFL starting CB

- The WR out of Missouri, who apparently has his fair share of off the field baggage, is an absolute stud on the field.  Speed, size, Antonio Brown like quickness and shiftiness in the open field....I think they call it loose hips.  His highlight reel is jaw dropping.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Great topics JMC!! I like your predictions too. 

-The Bills take a RB before the end of rd 3. 

-The Saints take Lamar Jackson

-Josh Jackson & Kolton Miller will be the last 2 in the green room (excluding Shaq Griffin).

LJ and the Saints are a very intriguing combo.  Life after Brees in 1 or 2 years of Sean Payton grooming Jackson?  

That offense would be potent with AK, MI, and LJ as a triple threat in the backfield.  Probably the best hope the Saints have of maintaining their offense after Brees.

All the smoke about the QBs leading up to the draft turns out to be just that, smoke. Only two QBs go in the first 10 picks, Darnold at #1 and Mayfield at #3. The Bills are on the clock at 12 and Bills nation goes insane because Rosen and Allen are still on the board. Instead, the Bills take... Lamar Jackson.