Bills sign Jeremy Kerley

2 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I’ve said this before but I swear these little moves scream moving up for a qb.  Maybe I’m just reading what I want into it?

How does signing a FA WR scream moving up for a QB? Not related at all

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, CajunBillsBacker said:

Can Beane make it any more obvious that we’re about to give up some of our draft picks?

If he can get the price he wants for the trade up scenario it will go down. Nothing to really read into. We will make the move if the move is right, the rest of these predraft moves are just covering bases

Just now, nucci said:

How does signing a FA WR scream moving up for a QB? Not related at all

We have holes.  I know that and everyone knows that.  Making minor moves to plug them means we don’t have to use picks to fill them.  And I said, “maybe I’m reading what I want into it.”

Kerley basically replaces Brandon Tate as a punt return guy and gives you more as a reciever. 

Palepoi adds a guy who can go door to door with Star spreading the word of Jesus. But yeah former teammate of Star, essentially replaces Cedric Thornton as a depth guy. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm ok with this. Camp body at the least. WR4 at best.

Agreed and makes the WR corp not as bad now. Figure something like Benjamin, Jones, Kerley, Holmes, Streater, & Reilly. If they can draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd the QB may have something to throw to haha.

6 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Sure it is. The Bills have signed about 10 no name players to one year contracts. That tells me that we have no intention to bring in 9 draft picks.

They bring 90 players to camp.....all teams do this

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Kerley was suspended for 4 games due to a PED violation.[17] He was released by the Jets on December 18, 2017 after being reinstated from suspension.[18]

His excuse was A-Maz-Ing

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/12/13/16774790/jeremy-kerley-says-the-ghost-of-christmas-past-is-to-blame-for-his-suspension

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Kerley was suspended for 4 games due to a PED violation.[17] He was released by the Jets on December 18, 2017 after being reinstated from suspension.[18]

Let us not forget:

“I don’t know,” Kerley said. “There’s a lot of ghosts around here. Maybe a ghost put it in me. You know the Ghost of Christmas Past? A ghost might have put it in me. I don’t know.” - Jeremy Kerley, on how he failed a PED test (12/14/17)

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is good. He knows what he’s doing, solid role player. What about that PED suspension 

He served the suspension last year. IF that was your question.

Edited by aceman_16

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If we are okay with PED guys I really hope we take a shot at Brian Cushing as a MIKE. 

Murphy, Odighizuwa, Palepoi, Kerley all PED suspended guys I believe. 

except Cushing has had too many knee injuries and not as good as he used to be

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If we are okay with PED guys I really hope we take a shot at Brian Cushing as a MIKE. 

Murphy, Odighizuwa, Palepoi, Kerley all PED suspended guys I believe. 

I love Cushing but man that dude has done so many roids that his body is shutting down and hes always injured. Unfortunately I think his NFL success has been directly related to PED's. I love his attitude though hes a maniac!

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

So he will man the slot. So much depends on Zay Jones development. 

Benjamin is a good possession WR. Kerley a decent slot WR. Zay needs to develop. 

Zay needs to make the team first.  That's his first hurdle IMO after last year and this off-season.