Informal Member Poll

GoBills808

Never touched the stuff.  Oh, you mean getting it ready @ work?  I piss in it.

:D

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I believe there are only two types of people in this world: those who pour the grinds into the coffee filter BEFORE you place it in the reservoir, and those who do it afterwards.

Which type are you?

Why would you pour water first?  Some will drip onto hot plate? Leaks through the seal.

What kind of animals are out there!

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Both.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Neither

Explain!

I'm a pre grinds-into-filter person and it only struck me last Tuesday the efficiency saved when considering relative countertop vs coffee machine time savings. I'd love to hear the post- guys' rationale.

whats a filter?     

Did I fill the water reservoir before I put the paper filter then coffee in the brewing area? .....    Probably both but mainly water first.  

Now I have a Keurig where the reservoir lasts 3 or 4  8 to 10 oz mugs,  so once in 10  times I'll start brewing then notice I need more water.  

I think he’s asking if you pour the grinds into the filter prior to placing it into the machine vs placing the filter in the top and then scooping grinds in.

I definitely pour grinds first. Nobody is perfect afterwards and you run the risk of missing and getting unwanted grinds into the pot. 

6 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I think he’s asking if you pour the grinds into the filter prior to placing it into the machine vs placing the filter in the top and then scooping grinds in.

I definitely pour grinds first. Nobody is perfect afterwards and you run the risk of missing and getting unwanted grinds into the pot. 

filter in place, then add coffee "grounds" ...  I usually purchase pre - ground so I don't have to grind it 

too  messy the other way.  

48 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Explain!

I'm a pre grinds-into-filter person and it only struck me last Tuesday the efficiency saved when considering relative countertop vs coffee machine time savings. I'd love to hear the post- guys' rationale.

sometimes i use the grinder in the coffee machine, sometimes i use another grinder

if i thoroughly wash out the filter I'll place the paper filter and grinded beans into the reservoir and put them in the machine

otherwise I keep the filter in the machine and put in a new paper filter and pour into the reservoir-secured filter....

i think....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I believe there are only two types of people in this world: those who pour the grinds into the coffee filter BEFORE you place it in the reservoir, and those who do it afterwards.

Which type are you?

I am the type who does not drink coffee.

• Haha (+1) 1

I use a Btita water pitcher.

I pour the water into the reservior.

I then begin refilling the Brita pitcher.

While it is draining through the pitcher,I add the coffee into the filter. By that time the Brita is ready to be put back into the refrigerator. 

1 hour ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I use a Btita water pitcher.

I pour the water into the reservior.

I then begin refilling the Brita pitcher.

While it is draining through the pitcher,I add the coffee into the filter. By that time the Brita is ready to be put back into the refrigerator. 

I found that Zero Water does a better job than Brita -  $15 for a filter but it lasts 3 or 4 weeks (1 to 2 gallons a day) 

Tap water is ~ 260,  filtered water ~ 150 and obviously  Zero Water is Zero  it says to replace the filter at 6, but I let it go to 10.  20 if my wife wasn't always checking it.  

On 4/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, GoBills808 said:

Which type are you?

I pour the grinds into the reservoir.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So, who still uses a  percolator ? 

I do infrequently. On weekends when I have the time. Makes the best coffee.

And to answer your other question, I don't like maxwell house.  Chock Full Of Nuts French Roast, or some whole beans that I buy from the Arab store in Brooklyn.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

On April 11, 2018 at 3:24 PM, GoBills808 said:

Explain!

I always put the coffee in the filter once the cleaned filter is in the coffee machine.

Mind you, my filter is a permanent metal mesh type thing that doesn't need to be replaced, only rinsed out.

So I dump the old grinds, rinse/clean the filter, drop it in the coffee machine (it's designed to fit like a glove) and then I scoop the fresh coffee into the filter in the machine.

I would never think to do it the other way around, largely b/c it would be a mess and I'd have to hold the filter in my hand or something while putting the coffee in it, and coffee would end up all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I always put the coffee in the filter once the cleaned filter is in the coffee machine.

Mind you, my filter is a permanent metal mesh type thing that doesn't need to be replaced, only rinsed out.

So I dump the old grinds, rinse/clean the filter, drop it in the coffee machine (it's designed to fit like a glove) and then I scoop the fresh coffee into the filter in the machine.

I would never think to do it the other way around, largely b/c it would be a mess and I'd have to hold the filter in my hand or something while putting the coffee in it, and coffee would end up all over the place.

I too use that type of filter.

I got tired of the paper ones collapsing ...no matter what I did....and the grounds going into the coffee.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:13 PM, GoBills808 said:

Which type are you?

Oh... After reading a few other posters, I finally get what you mean.  How the heck would anybody put grounds in filter first.  The paper would make terrible mess.  The filter holder keeps the paper filter in form.

I thought you meant pour water first or last.

What kinda moron pours the coffee in filter before placing it in holder? The filter needs to take shape of holder or water will get behind it.

Why anybody would do it prior, before placing filter is beyond me!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois