Bleacher Report (And ESPN) - Bills possibly trading w/ Giants for #2 Spot

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

and we needed another thread to discuss it...

...would that be similar to the OTHER 35, 687 redundants?........change the new thread start bonus from $500 to $1.38 ...........problem solved....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If they want Jackson that is what will need to be done.  Arizona, or any other team that likes him would presume we are taking at QB at 12 so they would be looking to jump us.

I'm not trying to promote him by any means. just showing that everyone and their brother both in the media and bills fans have been doing nothing more then speculating where and who they draft round one.

latest?cb=20151211235036

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm not trying to promote him by any means. just showing that everyone and their brother both in the media and bills fans have been doing nothing more then speculating where and who they draft round one.

latest?cb=20151211235036

True that is the time of year.  Idk who they want.  You do not have to be Mike Mayock to determine with Aj Mcarron and Nate Peteman on the roster Buffalo is drafting a Qb.  Imo thats been made loud and clear by their actions.  Reguardless who they want and where, it seems unlikley a Qb will fall to 12 because everyone assumes they want a qb.  So if you pick after 12 you know you need to move past them to get them.

Just now, Mat68 said:

True that is the time of year.  Idk who they want.  You do not have to be Mike Mayock to determine with Aj Mcarron and Nate Peteman on the roster Buffalo is drafting a Qb.  Imo thats been made loud and clear by their actions.  Reguardless who they want and where, it seems unlikley a Qb will fall to 12 because everyone assumes they want a qb.  So if you pick after 12 you know you need to move past them to get them.

they have a plan in place, it's just going to take three more weeks before finding out what said plan will be?

18 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

after the darnold goes 1, and the giants take chubb, we go to no. 4 by giving the browns 12, 65 and next year's 1st.

we take baker mayfield. that's due to the tenative agreement with the tyrod trade.

You seem to have this figured out better than anyone no? 

54 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

after the darnold goes 1, and the giants take chubb, we go to no. 4 by giving the browns 12, 65 and next year's 1st.

we take baker mayfield. that's due to the tenative agreement with the tyrod trade.

I hope not next years 1st. In my opinion the Bills are going to suck this year. 6-10 at best. 

32 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

He must be involved in some high level meetings ☺

in dunkirk:D

6 minutes ago, noacls said:

I hope not next years 1st. In my opinion the Bills are going to suck this year. 6-10 at best. 

suck this year? it's going to be an exciting team on offense and a vicious d. going to be a great year!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

in dunkirk:D

suck this year? it's going to be an exciting team on offense and a vicious d. going to be a great year!

They have no nfl quality lb's,

Only 2 quality o-line,

Only 1 wr,

Only 1 te who cant stay on field, practice or game,

Only 1 de,

This is just my opinion dont want to come off like some know-it-all. Also depth is a concern everywhere on this team. They were very lucky last year, injuries included. 

5 minutes ago, noacls said:

Only 2 quality o-line,

Only 1 wr,

Only 1 de,

This is just my opinion dont want to come off like some know-it-all. Also depth is a concern everywhere on this team. They were very lucky last year, injuries included. 

Thanks, Eeyore.

1 minute ago, noacls said:

Only 2 quality o-line,

Only 1 wr,

Only 1 de,

well i sure wouldn't say you're an know it all...but we signed the starting center from the bengals...we signed trent murphy , who is going to want to be an assassin and resurrect his career and marshall newhouse is better then any rt we've had in years.

we still have lorax and milano. tanner could look good....and humber?

ajm will make good use of clay and oleary....kb will be healthy and is in a contract year....zay will be much improved and we will draft good speedster.

we will also add some good lbs and hopefully one more double team demanding dt. adolphus and shaq should season and hughes should benefit. we will draft starters. not to mention, star may get a fire lit in his ass.

with ajm /nate and hopefully baker, we are gonna be a team that nobody wants to come to buffalo to face.

if we end up with edmunds/ evans/jefferson...and /or vea /hurst/payne...

we are going to be a kick ass team. bank it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well i sure wouldn't say you're an know it all...but we signed the starting center from the bengals...we signed trent murphy , who is going to want to be an assassin and resurrect his career and marshall newhouse is better then any rt we've had in years.

we still have lorax and milano. tanner could look good....and humber?

ajm will make good use of clay and oleary....kb will be healthy and is in a contract year....zay will be much improved and we will draft good speedster.

we will also add some good lbs and hopefully one more double team demanding dt. adolphus and shaq should season and hughes should benefit. we will draft starters. not to mention, star may get a fire lit in his ass.

with ajm /nate and hopefully baker, we are gonna be a team that nobody wants to come to buffalo to face.

if we end up with edmunds/ evans/jefferson...and /or vea /hurst/payne...

we are going to be a kick ass team. bank it.

I hope you are right. Thanks for having a respectful convo on here.  Thats not very common. Im not a big fan of PFF but they had Bodine rated as one of the worst centers in the league.  I do like murphy and star and i like your optimism.  

1 minute ago, Pete said:

The truth hurts.  Don't let those who disagree with you get you down

Dont even know what you are talking about, and someone as insignificant as you could never get me down

3 hours ago, mrags said:

What if Beane and Co. are confident in Allen? What then? 

You might want to return your Z9 then and save some $$$, since you still won't be able to see the football on the screen...It won't be going where anyone expects it to go :o LOL

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

You seem to have this figured out better than anyone no? 

Does anyone really take Tyrod without some behind the scenes nudge nudge nudging ? Wink Wink 

39 minutes ago, noacls said:

Only 2 quality o-line,

Only 1 wr,

Only 1 de,

what were your predictions for last season ? as bad as mine ?

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Does anyone really take Tyrod without some behind the scenes nudge nudge nudging ? Wink Wink 

I thought the same last year, anywhere from 5-7 wins.  I thought they were really lucky. Not many injuries and got most of the bounces except in S.D. and against the Saints. Im hoping they improve  but im not confident.  

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Draft Fatigue is real at this point.. 

They really need to move the draft up...

Move the combine up to mid Feb and move draft to early April... keep everything else the same. Give these kids a 3 week break prior to Rookie mini camp.... rest, relax, look at play books, be with family etc...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, noacls said:

I thought the same last year, anywhere from 5-7 wins.  I thought they were really lucky. Not many injuries and got most of the bounces except in S.D. and against the Saints. Im hoping they improve  but im not confident.  

Coaching was above what i expected. and it still was not fantastic.

But i love a learning curve. Prepare to be mildly surprised. Next season is still   ) respect the process ( but it will be fun and we might be again surprised.

signed

Hopeful

ps( i  miss our beloved Hopeful btw )

9 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

They really need to move the draft up...

Move the combine up to mid Feb and move draft to early April... keep everything else the same. Give these kids a 3 week break prior to Rookie mini camp.... rest, relax, look at play books, be with family etc...

it is about the journey my friend, not the destination

Edited by 3rdand12

29 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Seriously? This is some serious Roswell conspiracy stuff

Edited by gobills1212

I think Darnold goes 1st, and if he does they have a deal with Tampa to move up to #7 in principal and a deal from there with the Giants. I think Shaq Lawson is part of the deal. He’s a cheap young player with upside and edge guys are wanted in droves. Tampa added Curry and JPP, but definitely needs depth there. He could be part of the move to #2 as well where the Giants could see him as a Bigger OLB like Rex liked in his 3-4. 

1 hour ago, noacls said:

Only 2 quality o-line,

Only 1 wr,

Only 1 de,

It wasn't luck, the AFC was just brutal for 1 year.

If I were the Bills, I'd hope Allen goes #1, then go from there.

If he does, that leaves Mayfield, Rosen & Darnold, to which you then try to trade the Browns to move up to #4. 

If you are confident in all of them, you will have 1 for your choice no matter what. If the Giants don't go QB, you have your pick of 2, with 1 likely being Mayfield who they clearly are interested in (having met with him 4 or 5 times already).

However, if the Browns take Darnold #1 overall (it seems 50/50 between him & Allen according to the "experts"), the pool is a little more murky (IMO). 

At that point, I'd just hope the Jets are the one to pull the trigger on him, and be happy with avoiding that risk. I'd only consider moving up to #2 if there's one guy I like that much more, head & shoulders above all else. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

You might want to return your Z9 then and save some $$$, since you still won't be able to see the football on the screen...It won't be going where anyone expects it to go :o LOL

Just saying. You cannot give full confidence to them only if they take the QB that you like. If you believe in them and they think Logan Thomas can be the starting QB then you have to believe in what they are doing. So if they think Allen is the future of this team then I’m all for it. Hell, I absolutely hate the thought of Jackson. But if he’s the guy They are in love with, I’ll have to give it a little. 

• Like (+1) 3

#1 and #2 spots you pick a QB or you trade down. You don't sit on that sweet QB spot to not go QB. Those are the money picks and if you can't get one of them you already lost a lot of ground. Jets going QB at #3. 

So that leaves you with a possible #4 trade with the Browns with 3 QBs off the board. I wouldn't be very excited about taking the fourth QB off the board. Unless that QB that was left was one you had a target on. People say it's a QB heavy draft. 

If he can't get to #1 or #2 then I'd rather him let the draft fall. A QB might drop in to a range it makes sense to move up a few spots. People say it's a QB heavy draft.

The mention of trading for pick #4 just smells of desperation if 3 QBs have already been stolen. The last choice on the top 4 QBs. Yuck. Imagine the Jets lighting us up with the guy they picked at #3 and we traded to #4 and busted. 

If the Bills trade up in a place behind the Jets for QB you might find me being critical until it pays off. Yuck.

I like the #1 pick or #2 pick or just pick at #12. 

Edited by Lfod

I think 7 will be the sweet spot for another small jump. Tampa seems more open to it than Indianapolis from what I’ve seen. And if Buffalo is looking to deal with Gettleman, word is they like Barkley, Nelson & Chubb (was listening to Matt Miller’s podcast). 

Buffalo could use something like a 2nd in 2019 along with a 4th this year, to move up to #7. 

Then from there they package 7, 22, Shaq Lawson (Giants need edge players), and #95 for #2. If Cleveland, Buffalo, and the Jets all take QB’s, and Fitzpatrick goes in the top-6, that leaves the Giants with one of Barkley/Nelson/Chubb at #7. 

Edited by Dkollidas

21 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I think 7 will be the sweet spot for another small jump. Tampa seems more open to it than Indianapolis from what I’ve seen. And if Buffalo is looking to deal with Gettleman, word is they like Barkley, Nelson & Chubb (was listening to Matt Miller’s podcast). 

Buffalo could use something like a 2nd in 2019 along with a 4th this year, to move up to #7. 

Then from there they package 7, 22, Shaq Lawson (Giants need edge players), and #95 for #2. If Cleveland, Buffalo, and the Jets all take QB’s, and Fitzpatrick goes in the top-6, that leaves the Giants with one of Barkley/Nelson/Chubb at #7. 

Lawson has zero value as hes not been healthy or productive when on the field.

I mean adding him really wouldn't push the needle to or for a deal IMO.