Bleacher Report (And ESPN) - Bills possibly trading w/ Giants for #2 Spot

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768346

"The Buffalo Bills could acquire the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft from the New York Giants, according to ESPN's Todd McShay."

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller also expects the Bills to trade up for a quarterback, but he predicted in his latest mock that they will nab UCLA's Josh Rosen after ascending to No. 6 in a swap with the Colts."

I don't even want to think about what it'd take to get there, but as long as Beane & Co. are THAT confident in the guy (and don't grab Allen) I'm good with it.

Also, ESPN article on "Ranking the NFL teams most likely to trade up to draft a QB" (Bills at #1) - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23019613/2018-nfl-draft-ranking-six-teams-mostly-likely-trade-top-quarterback

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

1. Buffalo Bills

This is the most obvious choice. The Bills already moved up from No. 21 to No. 12 in a deal that sent left tackle Cordy Glenn to Cincinnati, and they still hold the No. 22 overall pick. Having two first-rounders gives Buffalo a unique ability to maneuver in the first round, and having unproven options AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman on the roster gives the team motivation. Problem is, the old draft value chart developed by Jimmy Johnson assigns a point value of 1,200 to the No. 12 pick and 800 to the No. 21 pick, which adds up to 2,000 and is therefore a bit less than, say, the 2,600 points assigned to the Giants' No. 2 pick. So if the Bills want to jump the Jets, it's going to take more than just their two 2018 first-rounders. Buffalo might be better off eyeing the Browns' No. 4 overall pick, though by that point, the Bills could be left with their fourth-choice quarterback.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

"The Buffalo Bills could acquire the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft from the New York Giants, according to ESPN's Todd McShay."

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller also expects the Bills to trade up for a quarterback, but he predicted in his latest mock that they will nab UCLA's Josh Rosen after ascending to No. 6 in a swap with the Colts."

I don't even want to think about what it'd take to get there, but as long as Beane & Co. are THAT confident in the guy (and don't grab Allen) I'm good with it.

Get it done. Trade your whole draft if you have to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ugh... 3 more weeks. 

Just get it over with so we can stop arguing about who we should draft, and start arguing about who we should have drafted, and which of our draft picks suck or will be HOFers based on OTA practices and his reaction when they call his name.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

What if Beane and Co. are confident in Allen? What then? 

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

No chance in hell any move is made until draft day

Yes, that's how it looks.

Let the speculation continue. Looks like we will need the announcements of the preseason schedule and the dates of the regular season schedule to distract us.

Most posters here consume sports news 24 hours a day and seem to enjoy it...but then are surprised when media outlets have to produce "content" 24 hours a day as a result.

Here's an idea: stop going to these websites, turn off your Twitter, and wait for the F-ing draft! 

Then you'll know all about everything, and none of it will be fake or manufactured!

What an idea!

• Thank you (+1) 1