If we draft Mayfield or Jackson...im done

2 hours ago, SoFFacet said:

Mayfield is by far the best QB in the class. 

Johnny Manzeil 2.0

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

EJ is 6'5" 240. I really wouldn't call that undersized.

Never he was. He was a guy that relied on his legs in college...which doesn't translate like Lamar wont

1 hour ago, dbflaBill said:

Yet arguably the Bills best QB since Kelly was 5'8" Douglas Flutie

That has to be the saddest thing to realize, that the over rated power midget is stil in the conversation for best since Kelly.

I'm a fan no matter who they draft. Might not like it at 1st but I'll put few scoops of sugar on top and choke it down if I have to

3 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

We been done that road, a main reason for no success since Kelly. No more undersized or running QBs, that can't stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. Fitz, Taylor, Manuel, Losman, etc. We had the best passing stats with Bledsoe. A traditional QB.

I will be happy with Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Rudolph.

Seriously, were you starved of attention as a kid?  I mean how many different “I’m done if” threads you gonna start.  

Just be done already, like how we’re done with your dumb threads

We all would of been so much more impressed if you just left and never said goodbye or gave us warning. Now I just don't have any respect for the OP.

Those who want ot leave just leave, those who announce they will leave "if", are just attention prostitutes. Real men just leave children treaten to leave if they don't get their way

We been done that road, a main reason for no success since Kelly. No more undersized or running QBs, that can't stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. Fitz, Taylor, Manuel, Losman, etc. We had the best passing stats with Bledsoe. A traditional QB.

To be done if we draft Mayfield is a ridiculous notion. So, if that happens, BYE! 

Sounds like you were listening to WGR550 this morning when they played a clip of a Bills scout calling Mayfield "Fat"  and that Jackson can't throw in our windy conditions. I'm good with Mayfield somewhere in the top 10, but Jackson should not be taken until our 2nd first round pick. JMO.

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

How? I heard the same thing when Manzeil was about to get drafted. That he was the best. Him and Baker play the same style of football and have the same attitude problems.

Its not even close. Mayfield sits in the pocket goes through the progressions, Manzeil ran around waiting for the play to break down. Mayfield has the football IQ and the arm. Manzeil threw the ball up to Mike Evans. You obviously know nothing about football. 

Totally agree with you on Jackson and could not disagree with you more on Baker. He will be the savior of this franchise. I have watched all of his games and he is the real deal. Just read the Sports Illustrated article analysis on him. he is far and away the best QB in this draft, and the Bills need someone with fire. Go Bills!!!

19 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

That has to be the saddest thing to realize, that the over rated power midget is stil in the conversation for best since Kelly.

I'm a fan no matter who they draft. Might not like it at 1st but I'll put few scoops of sugar on top and choke it down if I have to

how the hell is flutie over rated?

Welp. I was already rooting for them to draft Mayfield, but this is the cherry on top. 

Get it done, OBD!

4 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

how the hell is flutie over rated?

How the hell was he good. His success here in Buffalo was pure defense juggernaut with him making hte occasional play out of nothing.

I was saw every game.. He was not that good of QB which was clearly on display for those not enamored with a short guy running around in circles making the occasional play.

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Height is so overrated. It would be one thing if Baker was 5’8. He’s measured at 6’1, which is taller than both Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

If you’re going to find a reason to hate him, you’ll have to go another route cause he has pin point accuracy, a strong enough arm to make all the throws, and football smarts that’s off the charts.

Sorry, but height is very important when it comes to playing quarterback in today’s NFL. That is just the way it is. Just like you can’t teach speed. You can’t teach height. It is a factor that absolutely needs to be considered along with every other measurable. It doesn’t mean he won’t be a successful quarterback. But a short stature works against him. Remember, he won’t be playing at Oklahoma anymore against lousy big 12 defenses.

So, no, the issue of height in an NFL quarterback is not overrated.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

How the hell was he good. His success here in Buffalo was pure defense juggernaut with him making hte occasional play out of nothing.

I was saw every game.. He was not that good of QB which was clearly on display for those not enamored with a short guy running around in circles making the occasional play.

Yeah, but he can't be overrated because most understand that he wasn't a franchise QB. He was slightly better than Tyrod Taylor, which probably makes him the best we have had since Kelly.

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, but he can't be overrated because most understand that he wasn't a franchise QB. He was slightly better than Tyrod Taylor, which probably makes him the best we have had since Kelly.

and that's what makes the statement that Flutie was the best QB since Kelly so sad

You're still here?  Geesh, with all your I am done threads and threats, I thought you would be gone by now.  

Man I would love to go get Baker, best QB in this class and would also love grabbing someone like Lamar at 12 without having to trade up...but now getting rid of these dumb threads by you makes that scenario even better.

MODS:  I think there should be a forum rule, strictly enforced, that states if you starts threads to PUBLICLY CLAIM you are DONE if such and such happens, then your whiny stupid threat is upheld by the mods and your account is locked for 1 year as well as your IP address so you cant just make another account.  

In other words, if you're gonna start these pathetic wussy false threats, you get held accountable.  You want the attention, fine, then own your empty attention needing words.  Then lets see how many of these stupid threat threads come up as if anyone here gives a crap about whether you're "done" or not if something happens.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Better Get Used To Number Six 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Haha!  I'm not a fan of either guy, myself. 

No need to worry.  The Bills won't draft either of them.  McBeane wants a good character, traditional QB who can step up in the pocket and deliver well timed, accurate passes.

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Anyone who would prefer Rudolph over Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson can easily be dismissed. 

Well. Bye. 

I'd gladly take Rudolph over both.

I ain't kiddin neither.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Johnny Manzeil 2.0

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

How? I heard the same thing when Manzeil was about to get drafted. That he was the best. Him and Baker play the same style of football and have the same attitude problems.

False. 

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You're still here?  Geesh, with all your I am done threads and threats, I thought you would be gone by now.  

Man I would love to go get Baker, best QB in this class and would also love grabbing someone like Lamar at 12 without having to trade up...but now getting rid of these dumb threads by you makes that scenario even better.

MODS:  I think there should be a forum rule, strictly enforced, that states if you PUBLICLY CLAIM you are DONE if such and such happens, then your whiny stupid threat is upheld by the mods and your account is locked for 1 year as well as your IP address so you cant just make another account.  

In other words, if you're gonna start these pathetic wussy false threats, you get held accountable.  You want the attention, fine, then own your empty attention needing words.  Then lets see how many of these stupid threat threads come up as if anyone here gives a crap about whether you're "done" or not if something happens.

Sorry, but if that happens, and it’s enforced...im done

?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

We will miss you ? 

Promises, promises, promises.  Too bad you won't keep them.  Guaranteed, if the Bills draft any QB in 2018, if he becomes even a modest success, you'll be here singing his praises, and if the Bills draft somebody other than your faves, you'll be here with "I told you sos".  Of course, if the Bills draft one of your faves and he sucks, you'll whine and complain and claim they should have taken whatever 2018 QB might happen to actually turn out to be a success.

BTW, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, and Kyle Orton were neither "undersized" nor "running QBs" ... and they all "sucked" according to the Bills faithful such as yourself although to be truthful, Bledsoe didn't suck at all. 

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

Sorry, but height is very important when it comes to playing quarterback in today’s NFL. That is just the way it is. Just like you can’t teach speed. You can’t teach height. It is a factor that absolutely needs to be considered along with every other measurable. It doesn’t mean he won’t be a successful quarterback. But a short stature works against him. Remember, he won’t be playing at Oklahoma anymore against lousy big 12 defenses.

So, no, the issue of height in an NFL quarterback is not overrated.

Who was the last QB drafted who failed because of being too short? How did being short affect their play? 

12 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

We will miss you ? 

No, we won't because he's not really leaving. 

4 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Who was the last QB drafted who failed because of being too short? How did being short affect their play? 

Maybe it was that Russell kid that Seattle drafted in the third round about 5 years ago ... after all, the Seahags didn't make the playoffs last season, so it must have been because their short QB played lousy.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

Done as in done posting or done as done smoking when posting?

• Haha (+1) 1