48    Ryan Fitzpatrick    Harvard    QB
48    Greg McElroy    Alabama    QB
43    Jason Maas    Oregon    QB
42    Blaine Gabbert    Missouri    QB
42    Drew Henson    Michigan    QB

Top 5 ever scores for QBs.

Yeah.

That's an all time great QB list, huh?

Have a look around the NFL at all the elite QBs.

I think you'll agree most of them are actually pretty sharp by pro athlete standards.

You have to have the athleticism to go with the intelligence, but without the intelligence all the athleticism in the world doesn't get the job done. 

Ask Tyrod or EJ.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think you'll agree most of them are actually pretty sharp by pro athlete standards.

You have to have the athleticism to go with the intelligence, but without the intelligence all the athleticism in the world doesn't get the job done. 

Ask Tyrod or EJ.

Drew Henson wasn't such a great quarterback but he warmed the hearts of millions with his beloved Muppets.

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Ask Tyrod or EJ.

I was just pointing it out lol

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, mileena said:

He might be successful, but he is still stupid. And much of his successes were only as a result of him winning four Super Bowls. He didn't earn them. He wasn't even that good of a quarterback. And he didn't write any books; his co-authors did.

So .... when did you find out about Bradshaw !@#$ing your wife?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

On his latest podcast, former NFL scout @JohnMiddlekauff revealed the Wonderlic scores for some of the big time QBs: Josh Allen 37 Josh Rosen 29 Sam Darnold 28 Baker Mayfield 25 Lamar Jackson 13

i stink at adding the fancy embedded part...but there ya go

Ouch. Also Allen at 1 is becoming a real possibility, I don't care what people say about Darnold. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

On his latest podcast, former NFL scout @JohnMiddlekauff revealed the Wonderlic scores for some of the big time QBs: Josh Allen 37 Josh Rosen 29 Sam Darnold 28 Baker Mayfield 25 Lamar Jackson 13

Any team that drafts Lamar Jackson in the first round deserves to suck forever.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I thought some folks were claiming Allen was a dim bulb.  13 is really too low, imo.

Just now, Gugny said:

I've been a big Jackson supporter for sometime now. Even I'm questioning him at this point. His ability to be a playmaker is unparalleled. In a good setting I could see him being something really special. 

With his mom agent making meetings and visits hard, his refusal to comply with what perspective employers want to see most (40 time) and now the low scores....nothing in and of itself is condemning but added all together I have to question whether he will be able to develop the way he could. Mom's got his "best interest at heart" but I sincerely doubt she's got QB coaches on speed dial, or she's got any way to know how the internal NFL works. He's being set up to fail and not succeed. 

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Would be interesting to see if he does get drafted in 1st.  But some posters here will say that a score of 13 is not a red flag and  bring up the Jim Kelly and Dan Marino comparisons.

Just now, prissythecat said:

Would be interesting to see if he does get drafted in 1st.  But some posters here will say that a score of 13 is not a red flag and  bring up the Jim Kelly and Dan Marino comparisons.

13 is a HUGE red flag.

11 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

It's common for simpletons to bring that up.

Since 2000 not one QB who scored below 16 on the Wonderlic has been successful as a QB in the NFL.  Zero.

Stay far away from Lamar Jackson.  Unless you need a Wide Receiver, anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Jackson got a 13?  Pass (see what I did there?).

More like, RUN!!!!!!!!

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do your own research and post something that makes some sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

That Jackson score is a red flag, but it is all a part of the process. With the agent situation he is definitely not helping his stock. 

Nothing has changed though. No matter what, if you draft this guy you are going to have to alter your offense to fit his skillset. And he needs some time to develop. Those two things are true whether he runs a forty, aces a wonderlic, or his mom is a maniac representing him.

He's a great athlete, he needs time to develop, and teams are going to have to be all in on him to make it work. That is all still true. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

it's why they couldn't get a RB for Dan, he couldn't absorb all the plays, he just wanted to freelance and statpad right to the last second of every game

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What a silly post, but not unexpected from you.  Keep making your biased and ill-informed posts full of inanity.

like you don't have some of the dumbest takes out there either.     

(if you aren't to afraid to post)   you never explained why you refuse to post in any thread I create...  Please do explain.  I'd love to hear why.  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What a silly post, but not unexpected from you.  Keep making your biased and ill-informed posts full of inanity.

I promise to, as long as you promise to keep regurgitating other people's work.  The stuff you write is weak.

Just now, Gugny said:

I promise to, as long as you promise to keep regurgitating other people's work.  The stuff you write is weak.

You are by far the least knowledgeable poster regarding football.  You're simply here to hate on certain players and troll.   Lame! No more oxygen for you. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You are by far the least knowledgeable poster regarding football.  You're simply here to hate on certain players and troll.   Lame! No more oxygen for you. 

Oh really?         but but you said I was the dumbest!!! 

I'd rather talk to people like Gug than someone that has little to offer than copying every joe blow out there's tweets.  

Mr Knowledge ,,,,  Why didn't you include Jim Kellys 15 score? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You get along with others very well, Charlie Victor.  I can't help but love you with all my heart.

• Haha (+1) 1

As noted above, there are examples of HOF QBs with "low" Wonderlic scores...but I'd say the game has also changed and a 13 in this day and age is almost alarming.

I didn't have a problem with Jackson not running at his Pro Day but the no agent thing and a less than stellar showing on the Wonderlic would certainly give me pause for concern if I'm a GM of an NFL franchise.

Kelly and Marino, along with other low wonderlic scorers over the years, were able to allay the concerns about the poor test performance with their ability to impress with their football knowledge in interviews, including in depth breakdowns on the chalkboard. It's been reported that Jackson has not been impressive in his interviews when it comes to breaking down various plays and retaining various information. That's what makes a low score a red flag. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bradley GelberVerified account @BradleyGelber 26m26 minutes ago
Some comparisons according to the Wonderlic website.
Avg scores by profession:More

Bradley Gelber Retweeted NFL UpdaSome comparisons according to the Wonderlic website. Avg scores by profession:

Chemist - 31

Engineer - 29

Cashier - 21

Sec. Guard - 17

Janitor - 14

Just now, eball said:

As noted above, there are examples of HOF QBs with "low" Wonderlic scores...but I'd say the game has also changed and a 13 in this day and age is almost alarming.

I didn't have a problem with Jackson not running at his Pro Day but the no agent thing and a less than stellar showing on the Wonderlic would certainly give me pause for concern if I'm a GM of an NFL franchise.

I think these are genuine concerns.  OTOH, I am upgrading Allen some.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Bradley GelberVerified account @BradleyGelber 26m26 minutes ago
Some comparisons according to the Wonderlic website.
Avg scores by profession:More

Bradley Gelber Retweeted NFL UpdaSome comparisons according to the Wonderlic website. Avg scores by profession:

Chemist - 31

Engineer - 29

Cashier - 21

Sec. Guard - 17

Janitor - 14

A-hXXe (anywhere from 1-50)

Fixed it for you

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't usually care about the wonderlic even a little bit but 13 is really really low. I'm curious what his AIQ score was since supposedly that correlates better to performance.

I like him as a player to watch, but at the same time... He doesn't come off as particularly bright in interviews and thats a bit of a concern.  

10 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Fixed it for you

Why is he an a hole, I just looked it up and those are apparently minimum scores for those professions when those jobs require a wunderlich test. 

http://wonderlictestsample.com/wonderlic-test-scoring/

https://www.jobtestprep.com/wonderlic-scores-by-professions

Edited by BuffaloSol