Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

4 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

INundated with McCarron threads...

I am just so INfatuated, I can't get enough. 

Also...can McCarron start at QB if Pegula owns both the Sabres and the Bills and they are both IN Buffalo? 

Finally...Glad we got McCarron ground up and in the freezer!

Did I hit all the TBD classics? 

Edited by Mango

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Bills sign QB A.J. McCarron (2 years, $10 million): A+ Grade 
How did this happen? In an offseason in which Sam Bradford got $20 million for a year, Josh McCown received $10 million for a season, and Case Keenum obtained $18 million per year, A.J. McCarron somehow was stuck with far less money than all three. 

McCarron, with this deal, is set to earn as much as Chase Daniel, which is unbelievable. In the Daniel write-up, I wrote that average backup quarterbacks should earn $4-5 million. McCarron is certainly not a typical No. 2 signal-caller. He's a premium reserve quarterback; if not a below-average starter. 

I still expect the Bills to select a quarterback in the opening round, as I detailed a potential NFL Draft trade with the Giants that could occur. McCarron would provide insurance just in case Buffalo couldn't make the move. He would also be able to start while the rookie signal-caller is being developed. This is an outstanding signing that is worthy of an A+ grade. 

How amazing is it that the Bills trade away Tyrod Taylor to the Browns and sign AJ McCarron for 10 mill per when Sam Bradford who is always injured got 20 mill per. Shoot, Glennon is a pure backup and making 8 mill per. 

Man I love it to see actual football people that know what they are doing running this franchise.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

How amazing is it that the Bills trade away Tyrod Taylor to the Browns and sign AJ McCarron for 10 mill per when Sam Bradford who is always injured got 20 mill per. Shoot, Glennon is a pure backup and making 8 mill per. 

Man I love it to see actual football people that know what they are doing running this franchise.

Mccarron is 5m per. Even better

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Process is one thing, the arm and the talent is another.  There's a reason this guy was drafted in the 5th, and failed to unseat Dalton.

OTOH, the Bengals did try to keep him for an extra year. So they must have thought he was worth keeping around. In an ideal world the coaches would always know who the better player is. That of course is not the case. If it were not for Trent Green tearing his ACL Kurt Warner would have spent the 1999 season holding the clip board instead of winning the NFL and Super Bowl MVP awards.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They will only keep two QBs on the roster, especially with Joe Webb. There is less than zero reason to keep three young guys when you like the two other young guys a lot more. He's gone.

Doubt it, you just put him on the practice squad

I thought this would be a ridiculous contract for a guy who hasn't played hardly at all and who couldn't beat out Andy Dalton. It looks like he'll be battling for the backup position, I could be wrong and he turns out to be a top QB which would be great also. It was a cap friendly deal which I'm really surprised, it was a no brainer for us imo, great signing.

6 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Doubt it, you just put him on the practice squad

Is this true? Someone asked earlier if he's eligible and I'm not sure but if he is yes that's where he goes.

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I think it makes sense and I like it. We need some one to play QB until the drafted QB is ready. 

I think it also makes sense because theres no guarantee a rookie QB out of this or any draft class will succeed in the NFL. The Buffalo Bills have been searching since the days of J K. McCarron may have a higher ceiling which has yet to be determined. ( then available rookies )

Edited by Figster

Nice, hopefully we draft a good kid and have a actual QB controversy. 

I didn't read any replies yet how how many nooooooooooo's were there with no explanation why is a no?

Scratch that. First pick of the third page.

Edited by downunderbill
Found the noooooooo

34 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Is this true? Someone asked earlier if he's eligible and I'm not sure but if he is yes that's where he goes.

I believe he is eligible. The NFL changed the rules for eligibility 3 or 4 years ago to allow guys with up to 2 accrued NFL season to be on the practice squad. IIRC you're only allowed to have 4 guys like that, though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Finally!

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

....Bo knows.....so does McBeane...........

The Denver Broncos officially signed quarterback Case Keenum to a two-year deal Wednesday. We now know his contract details.

Keenum's contract is worth $36 million, an average of $18 million per season. Of that $36 million, $25 million is fully guaranteed and will count against the team's salary cap between 2018 and 2019 no matter what, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports. That means nearly 90 percent of Keenum's contract is guaranteed.