Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

Pete Prisco says the Bills like Josh Allen b/c:

"He's big, he's strong, and he can make all the throws in bad weather up in Buffalo."

That statement is out of the 1980s and hopefully has no basis in reality in 2018.

Regarding AJ: So we got a body to function as a place holder for cheap while we now go and bag the big prize in the draft.

Good enough.  I like the money more than the player; this may suggest their guy will be expected to step in as a Year 1 starter.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm glad the OP had the courage to post this thread. Some of us wanted to discuss this topic, but no one else would make a thread on it. Cheers to you, OP.

I cheers to him.  It’s really the only thing I wanted to discuss. I’m not a big fan of mccarron but I’m a big fan of this deal, strictly because of the contract.  If he starts this year and plays well, we can trade him for more assets. If our rookie QB is able to come in a run away with the competition, then we have a backup we can count on.  We needed a good backup/insurance policy and we didn’t overpay for him.  I’m surprised we were able to get the second year considering it was so cheap and we can control him next year....or even cut him if we want. 

As of now, i hope hes our starter for a couple game up to one season.  Let’s see what Daboll can put together.  

You created the 3rd McCarron thread on the front page. Just look for like a second, it is all right there. Loads of people talking about how cheap the deal is, likes, and dislikes. GAHHHH  IT IS EVEN PINNED!

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

"He's big, he's strong, and he can make all the throws in bad weather up in Buffalo."

That statement is out of the 1980s and hopefully has no basis in reality in 2018.

Regarding AJ: So we got a body to function as a place holder for cheap while we now go and bag the big prize in the draft.

Good enough.  I like the money more than the player; this may suggest their guy will be expected to step in as a Year 1 starter.

Pretty sure that is what Whaley said about EJ, haha

1 hour ago, Marcel99bigdee said:

Don't be like that, listen to him, he's got McBeaner PROCESS written all over him. "I'm not flashy coach".  Catholic, hometown, and family first tattoos...no brainer. Quentin Nelson and Ridley in the first.

Process is one thing, the arm and the talent is another.  There's a reason this guy was drafted in the 5th, and failed to unseat Dalton.

QB in the first please, high as we can get to target our top choice.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

In his previous mock he had the Browns taking Allen at # 1 overall becuase Jason LaCanfora is buying him as a # 1 and Tyrod is good enough to get them to late in the season as a bridge.  Prisco, and LaCanfora are both idiots anyways.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Honestly.

It's bad weather in Buffalo maybe one Sunday in December since 1998, and there's a reasonable chance we're out of town that weekend. Sure we get a day like last year.

But you sure don't change the kinds of players you draft because of one Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I just seen the same kind of comments on another thread.

Allen is a project and McCarron wasn't brought here to be a place matt.

Keep hearing over and over McCarron couldn't beat out A Dalton so how good could he be?

I for one am glad we're about to find out... 

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

You created the 3rd McCarron thread on the front page. Just look for like a second, it is all right there. Loads of people talking about how cheap the deal is, likes, and dislikes. GAHHHH  IT IS EVEN PINNED!

But THIS one has a poll!!! Oh wait...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

I just seen the same kind of comments on another thread.

Allen is a project and McCarron wasn't brought here to be a place matt.

Keep hearing over and over McCarron couldn't beat out A Dalton so how good could he be?

I for one am glad we're about to find out... 

Saw and holder

Yeah!!