Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

47 minutes ago, vincec said:

The reason to be unhappy is that McCarron doesn’t really represent a strong plan B if the new rookie QB isn’t ready to start. He has never been a starter and has some real question marks as to whether he ever could be a successful one. I am fine with dumping Taylor, but he was a .500 starter. That was a legitimate short term plan B.

You could be right. I choose to trust the professionals.

1 minute ago, Marcel99bigdee said:

McCarron's Alabama highlight reel looks as good as any of the guys in this draft.

I like the part where he threw for 50 yards in the national championship game. Wasn't Ingram the RB back then? It was against my Longhorns IIRC

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I like the part where he threw for 50 yards in the national championship game. Wasn't Ingram the RB back then? It was against my Longhorns IIRC

Seriously watching him throw deep to Cooper makes him look like Carr haha

Don't be like that, listen to him, he's got McBeaner PROCESS written all over him. "I'm not flashy coach".  Catholic, hometown, and family first tattoos...no brainer. Quentin Nelson and Ridley in the first.

Edited by Marcel99bigdee

47 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'll reiterate that bragging about your love life on a Bills message board is a big L.

Who was bragging? Me thinks someone is a bit sensitive... Lighten up Francis.

I'm really happy that we didn't go out and throw money at one of the other overpaid free agent QBs.  Very smart move on our part.  Also love that we're addressing needs on defense in FA.  Now let's build the offense and put up some dang points on the scoreboard!!!  GO BILLS!!!!

Very happy about this. He was my first choice of all these middle-pack guys ever since he won his arbitration.

And top it off with that deal! I figured we might land him around $7M/yr. But $5M?!? Well worth the shot. It's the Tyrod 2015 situation all over again. Another shot for a guy to prove it. Will be great competition to our blue-chip rookie.

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Is he better than Tyrod though? That's the question.

Anybody will be better than Tyrod was.

1 hour ago, liverpoolkev said:

What a freaking joke..........happy for a back up who hasn't shown squat .......how long are we going to keep these blinders on .........2-16 here we come   

And then? Wait what was Jimbo's first year record? And is it safe for me to assume that if as someone else pointed out the league changed the schedule to 18 games that it's safe to assume that under AJ we go 1-7 and then 1-7 under the new rookie? I'm sooo confused here.

1 hour ago, KRT88 said:

I have to laugh. The guy has barely played, spent 4 seasons holding a chip board and he gonna make $10 million! What a great freakin job being an NFL backup! 

The guy is gonna make more than Shady and he’s been the entire offense for several years! McCoy should demand a raise. 

He doesn't in fact make more than Shady and different positions get different pay scales to boot.

• Thank you (+1) 1