Josh Rosen has "Bust" written ALL over him.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

People all want to say that with absolutely zero proof. 

People get upset because he has an opinion. Oooo no

I couldn't give a **** about him having an opinion, like !@#$s, everyone has one. I just don't think he is gonna be a great qb. 

Edited by Turk71

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Heres one. Ooo wait nevermind all good about Rosen

Well, one of those teammates, offensive lineman Scott Quessenberry (pictured), is having none of it.

"I love Josh," Quessenberry said Thursday. "We're close. We're tight. When I saw him here for the first time in two months, I gave him a big bear hug." Quessenberry even said he hoped Rosen would someday be part of his wedding.

Now, every scouting combine is full of tepid endorsements by teammates of big-name prospects who have character questions. You practically have to be Kylo Ren for teammates to bad-mouth you to the national media.

But Quessenberry wasn't reciting he's a swell teammate platitudes. He was practically pounding the podium.

"The media puts out what they put out, and his teammates dispute everything the media puts out," Quessenberry said. "I said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll keep saying it until the end of my days: I love Josh Rosen, and I hope I get to play with him at the next level."

Quessenberry praised Rosen's "up everybody's behind" leadership. "He's tough as nails," according to Quessenberry, who described one play when a bloodied-up Rosen ran for a two-point conversion after nearly getting his helmet ripped off on the previous play.

Quessenberry doesn't know where the "bad teammate" story is coming from, though he suspects that some observers may have decided that Rosen was too "boisterous" or "opinionated."

This is the time of year when quarterbacks are psychoanalyzed by the rumor mill. And yes, most rumors start with some kernel of truth. Rosen probably rubs some teammates and coaches the wrong way. So does Tom Brady.

This "universally hated" gossip has taken a life of its own and is now getting passed fifth-hand from "insider" to "insider." And it's silly. No quarterback can function if he is that much of a pariah.

Ooo look more bad stuff about his attitude. And coach ability wait NOT more good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/UCLA-teammates-and-coaches-rally-around-QB-Josh-Rosen-106605527/Amp

another reporter putting his name to exposing the lies of his attitude

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/The-False-Narrative-on-UCLA-Quarterback-Josh-Rosen-112741479/Amp

last one more teammates and all good. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-time-to-bury-josh-rosen-character-slander-once-and-for-all/amp/

so where are these mythical teamates that dislike him again????

It makes all the sense in the world that people that dislike the star of their team/potential #1 pick would only say so anonymously. The fact that so many teams have said so and so many reporters have heard it from different sources makes it pretty likely that he is indeed not very well liked. That doesn’t mean that nobody likes him and it doesn’t mean he isn’t a great prospect regardless, but I highly doubt there’s a league wide conspiracy to make Rosen sound like a douche.

Just now, Turk71 said:

I couldn't give a shot about him having an opinion, like !@#$s, everyone has one. I just don't think he is gonna be a great qb. 

Thats where all this comes from. His indentured servitude comment. 

When he made that all of the sudden the character assassination started. 

Just now, DCOrange said:

It makes all the sense in the world that people that dislike the star of their team/potential #1 pick would only say so anonymously. The fact that so many teams have said so and so many reporters have heard it from different sources makes it pretty likely that he is indeed not very well liked. That doesn’t mean that nobody likes him and it doesn’t mean he isn’t a great prospect regardless, but I highly doubt there’s a league wide conspiracy to make Rosen sound like a douche.

Find me ONE just ONE article that puts a name to it. 

Guess you didnt read even coaches comments about his work. 

Really hmmmm. So Glenn isnt a Tackle

Bridgewater hands

Rodgers Offense style

Watson 

every year un named Sources come out with agendas trying to influence falling of players. Happens every year. 

Put a name to it 

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I couldn't give a shot about him having an opinion, like !@#$s, everyone has one. I just don't think he is gonna be a great qb. 

Now that is different. You dont think he is going to be a good QB fine thats your opinion. And there are things that can be pointed to concussions, fumbles, forcing balls 

see can do that without pushing a zero named agenda 

3 minutes ago, No Cease Fires said:

It's strange that Mayfield's behavior is seen as more acceptable than Rosen's. Shut up and dribble, indeed. 

Nah Mayfield is a leader with his attitude. 

Rosen is a dick i guess. 

People are funny 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Thats where all this comes from. His indentured servitude comment. 

When he made that all of the sudden the character assassination started. 

I didn't even catch that, I heard something about controversial statements and being a student and athlete being incompatible. I think there is truth to that, when I met my wife she was running track for U of O and working while going to school full time. It was difficult. What I am talking about is talk going back a few years about his personality. For me though, I just don't think he is very impressive as a football player. The PAC 12 is not exactly known for defense and his numbers are just not that great.

I suppose that most Rosen detractors here are Mayfield fans, as opposed to advocating for, let's say, Darnold. There seems to be something about Rosen that really irks the Mayfield fans. Personally, I have no idea (nor does anyone at this juncture) which, if any of these QB's will blossom into quality pros. As far as this Rosen/Mayfield debate that is unfolding is concerned-  I respect Rosen's intelligence and maturity. Mayfield? I think he is loud, obnoxious and, off the field, contemptibly stupid.

Edited by RussellDopeland

6 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

If you say ball placement, then Baker's the guy to draft. Not Rosen.

Rosen is all about ball placement. Along with pre snap reads. Perfect QB for the Erhardt-Perkins Offense the Bills will use. 

Not to mention the most sound and best Mechanics from the QB position in years. 

Bradford in UFA for about 10-12 a year (incentive based)

Rosen as your rookie

and you just turned a weak QB room last year into a very strong one for this type of offense 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

If you say ball placement, then Baker's the guy to draft. Not Rosen.

Sorry , you are completely wrong on this.

Rosen is the best short and intermediate thrower in this class.

Add to this his ability to process information quickly and read the entire field. 

Thus, my friends you have the qualities in a QB we have been lacking in Buffalo for quite awhile.

Edited by Bag of Milk

15 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

I suppose that most Rosen detractors here are Mayfield fans, as opposed to advocating for, let's say, Darnold. There seems to be something about Rosen that really irks the Mayfield fans. Personally, I have no idea (nor does anyone at this juncture) which, if any of these QB's will blossom into quality pros. As far as this Rosen/Mayfield debate that is unfolding is concerned-  I respect Rosen's intelligence and maturity. Mayfield? I think he is loud, obnoxious and, off the field, contemptibly stupid.

I am not convinced that any of the qbs are 'all that'. I think they all come with risks and in no way do I see this as a Rosen/Mayfield debate. For me this is about improving the qb position. I want the Bills to get a good fa qb, draft a qb and keep getting better now and in the future. Putting all your eggs in one basket and then waiting and hoping is not how I want them to go. This team needs to keep getting better on all fronts and cultivating a winning mentality now.

4 hours ago, the skycap said:

I keep calling him Jay Cutler 2.0

Not gonna lie, I have had thoughts of Jay Cutler come into mind at times when considering Rosen...mostly when he speaks lmao

Edited by Alphadawg7

41 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Sorry , you are completely wrong on this.

Rosen is the best short and intermediate thrower in this class.

Add to this his ability to process information quickly and read the entire field. and

Thus, my friends you have the qualities in a QB we have been lacking in Buffalo foe quite awhile.

Watching that ucla Texas am highlight reel 

I was so impressed with his passes under pressure in 2nd half he was hitting hit but the ball was coming out a half of second before and he was placing it perfectly 

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Lance Zierlein writes all of the draft profiles for NFL.com, he's never been a scout, I don't even remember this guy having anything to do with drafts, I'm pretty sure he's a writer for NFL .com

He's a radio talk show host and blogger. Never really had a job in football, never a scout, never part of the NFL as an evaluator of any kind. 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Lance Zierlein writes all of the draft profiles for NFL.com, he's never been a scout, I don't even remember this guy having anything to do with drafts, I'm pretty sure he's a writer for NFL .com

He only writes the 'bottomline' portion of the draft profile, not the strengths and weaknesses. Those are compiled through scouts, at least that is how someone explained his role in another thread.

Read any of the prospects draft profiles on nfl.com , they point out plenty of flaws in all of them; not just Rosen.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

I didn't even catch that, I heard something about controversial statements and being a student and athlete being incompatible. I think there is truth to that, when I met my wife she was running track for U of O and working while going to school full time. It was difficult. What I am talking about is talk going back a few years about his personality. For me though, I just don't think he is very impressive as a football player. The PAC 12 is not exactly known for defense and his numbers are just not that great.

It's not the SEC, but I do think you may be underestimating defenses in the PAC12

6 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, that was a fun read. Nothing like killing a buzz! 

I'm curious what you had to Google to come up w this gem!!

Straight from the horse's mouth at NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-rosen?id=32462018-0002-5600-59bd-f150d938ca3e

Josh Rosen  = Rob Johnson 2.0

1 hour ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Just give me one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield and let's do this thing.

No Allen please.

Allen, as well as Jackson and Rudolph, are ranked higher than Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

Of the top 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield) I like Rosen the least...

To be honest I might even like Jackson or Allen a little more...

It's not that I don't think Rosen can be a good NFL QB...He may even be great...He's technically sound, smart...That's all good...But I really think he's a risk in a strange way...Just something about his make-up overall rubs me the wrong way...I have weird visions of a kid who is easily concussed and more than willing to walk away from football young...Not that there's anything wrong with that...Unless of course you're banking the future of your entire Franchise on him...

None of my reservations about Rosen are science, scouting, numbers...So I realize fully I could be dead wrong...And if the Bills take him I certainly know they could do much worse...I won't be sad or angry for sure...But I'm hoping for Mayfield...Every bad feeling I get about Rosen,  I have the opposite thoughts concerning Mayfield...And despite all the talk about the Bills and Rosen, it's Mayfield's make-up I see McD falling in love with...That kid is football and competition 24/7...I think it's a perfect match...

But we'll see...A few days ago my thoughts were about the other three...Now we're possibly looking at the top three...And that's a really good thing...B-)

34 minutes ago, K-9 said:

May want to recheck that rankings list on the site you linked.

The grandson of Dick Hammer, Sam Darnold tops their rankings. Dick Hammer of USC basketball, Olympic volleyball, and Hollywood fame, and perhaps the greatest name in history, Dick Hammer!

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

The grandson of Dick Hammer, Sam Darnold tops their rankings. Dick Hammer of USC basketball, Olympic volleyball, and Hollywood fame, and perhaps the greatest name in history, Dick Hammer!

Lot to like about Darnold. Totally understand why he’d be at the top of some rankings. 

• Like (+1) 1

Actually, I will trust whatever McBeane thinks and I hope they are right.

I have said so much over the years about as many QB prospects as I can imagine. And I bet my analysis was wrong on about 99% of them.

Trust McBeane.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Who do you hope the Bills get, K-9?

I’d take any of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.  But if I had to make a decision at gun point, it would be Rosen. He’s the most pro ready prospect by far from what I can gather. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That wasn't a highlight reel. It was just 1 game.

He went 35-59, with 491 yards and 4 touchdowns. They were down by 34 points near the end of the 3rd quarter. He led 5 straight touchdown drives (of 66 yards or longer) to score 35 unanswered points and win the game. 

It was the 2nd largest comeback victory in NCAA history. 

He was absolutely brilliant. I would highly suggest watching the game on YouTube sometime for anyone that's interested (or at least the 3rd and 4th quarters). 

He looks like he’s moving in quicksand. I think he’s going to have problems. 

Flutie a Reich “led” comebacks. 

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Playing against terrible cornerbacks and pass rushers.  

Allen stinks.  

Go to the 4 minute mark of this video and watch the touchdown pass he makes. How many NFL QB's can make throws like that? Honestly looks like Arron Rodgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utBIdiOwKUk&t=455s

1 hour ago, KOKBILLS said:

Of the top 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield) I like Rosen the least...

To be honest I might even like Jackson or Allen a little more...

It's not that I don't think Rosen can be a good NFL QB...He may even be great...He's technically sound, smart...That's all good...But I really think he's a risk in a strange way...Just something about his make-up overall rubs me the wrong way...I have weird visions of a kid who is easily concussed and more than willing to walk away from football young...Not that there's anything wrong with that...Unless of course you're banking the future of your entire Franchise on him...

None of my reservations about Rosen are science, scouting, numbers...So I realize fully I could be dead wrong...And if the Bills take him I certainly know they could do much worse...I won't be sad or angry for sure...But I'm hoping for Mayfield...Every bad feeling I get about Rosen,  I have the opposite thoughts concerning Mayfield...And despite all the talk about the Bills and Rosen, it's Mayfield's make-up I see McD falling in love with...That kid is football and competition 24/7...I think it's a perfect match...

But we'll see...A few days ago my thoughts were about the other three...Now we're possibly looking at the top three...And that's a really good thing...B-)

I tend to agree with you about Rosen.

I mean how many times has he been knocked out of games in college? If he can't stay healthy in college how is he supposed to say healthy in the NFL?

He also doesn't have the strongest arm... So if he's going to be playing in the cold Buffalo winters I think that should be reason for concern. 

Edited by Klaista2k

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I don't know any of them, just know that this is not something new. Just because they didn't like him doesn't mean they would trash him at such a crucial moment, but that doesn't mean his personality won't be a problem either.

It's not something new ...  so you have old cases where anyone said anything bad about him? I think we'll wait for those too.

The rumor about Catherine the Great and what she did with horses is pretty old too. No truth to it, but it's old. Whether a rumor is old or not is irrelevant, the point is whether it's true. And there simply isn't any evidence that this one has any reality to it. Unless you can find some evidence, new or old, supporting it.

4 hours ago, mileena said:

Guarantee: Rosen will not be drafted in the top 10.

And I guarantee that he will.

Wow. Does that mean the world is going to explode when one of us is found to be wrong? Or just that guaranteeing something you have no control over whatsoever is butt-stupid and is basically an over-confident guess?

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I couldn't give a **** about him having an opinion, like !@#$s, everyone has one. I just don't think he is gonna be a great qb. 

Now, see, that's fair enough. My guess is that he is if he stays healthy, but I just don't know.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Don't be ridiculous. It doesn't need to be a conspiracy. Just a widely repeated rumor.

Where are the cases of reporters saying "I spoke to several of his teammates and they said bad things, but wouldn't give their names"? I don't even see any of those stories. It's just guys hearing it from many sources, but not direct sources, from what I can figure. I haven't read all the coverage, nor am I interested enough to do so. So I'm serious that I'm willing to be convinced ... but the story has to be convincing. Not just, "I've heard that ..."

And there are plenty of ways for teammates to not strongly endorse a guy without fully throwing him under the bus. Asked about Josh Rosen you could say, "I'm proud of all my teammates. I'd run through a wall for these guys." Or, "Josh is just Josh. He's his own man. He's a hell of a quarterback and he won a lot of games for us." You avoid talking directly about the guy himself. You use only cliches. And you withhold praise in the specific area you're asked about. There are ways to do it. And it doesn't appear that that's what Rosen's teammates are doing. 

There are concerns about Rosen. Injuries, his problems with deep ball accuracy, concussions. I'm not pounding the table for him or anything. But until we get much better info than I've seen there's no reason to worry about his leadership skills.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, mileena said:

Straight from the horse's mouth at NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-rosen?id=32462018-0002-5600-59bd-f150d938ca3e

Josh Rosen  = Rob Johnson 2.0

Allen, as well as Jackson and Rudolph, are ranked higher than Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

Lol, I had read the report before and knew exactly where it was from..... ya didn't get it??