Joe B's Ranking of the Top Five QBs for the Bills

Rosen:

The good for Buffalo:

Big hands (needed for the weather)

Big Arm (combined with the hands, Good for spinning it in wind etc)

Accurate

But have to balance vs:

Statue in the pocket 

Potential personality issues

4 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Rosen:

The good for Buffalo:

Accurate

But have to balance vs:

Statue in the pocket 

Enough of this personality BS.  Just because the guy has a brain and opinions, he's a potential problem child?  I'll take a top rated quarterback with a brain anytime over someone with low intelligence and an inability to have a feel for the game and what's happening in front of him.  The real concern about someone like Rosen is how long he'll be dedicated to football since he has other potentially lucrative options.  Plus, he's already had injury issues.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Enough of this personality BS.  Just because the guy has a brain and opinions, he's a potential problem child?  I'll take a top rated quarterback with a brain anytime over someone with low intelligence and an inability to have a feel for the game and what's happening in front of him.  The real concern about someone like Rosen is how long he'll be dedicated to football since he has other potentially lucrative options.  Plus, he's already had injury issues.

It's just not going to end up working in the locker room if a starting QB has a personality with traits like...

Thinking he's better and smarter than everyone else.

Having no filter (strong opinions inevitably would lead to the alienation of about half the players in the locker room).

Being simply flat out spoiled.

I'm not saying Rosen's any or all of the above, but that's the concern with that guy. I do think those are legitimate concerns that have to be looked at and researched. I'd much rather have a Lamar Jackson who may be a notch below but everyone loves, rather than a QB who is a notch above in talent but not very well liked by a significant amount of team mates.

Edited by 1billsfan

49 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

It's just not going to end up working in the locker room if a starting QB has a personality with traits like...

Thinking he's better and smarter than everyone else.

Having no filter (strong opinions inevitably would lead to the alienation of about half the players in the locker room).

Being simply flat out spoiled.

Works for Brady quire well

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Rosen:

The good for Buffalo:

Accurate

But have to balance vs:

Statue in the pocket 

EJ Manuel has big hands too.  It was a big reason why Buddy Nix drafted him

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Rosen:

The good for Buffalo:

Accurate

But have to balance vs:

Statue in the pocket 

Even ‘potential’ Personality issues are nearly a non starter for me

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Nope.

I’ve listened enough experts and read enough on how his personality is a HUGE issue for teams. Issues with authority, being a good teammate, love for the game etc. I just wrote words that were true.

So maybe enough with you saying enough? You bother me. 

Edited by Jay_Fixit

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You know last QB with Personality Issues like Rosen in Buffalo???

he is in the Hall of Fame 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And I’m sure that’s the case for some teams as well. But it will be an issue for others.

I don’t personally care. 

3 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am thinking about California kid Rob Johnson when you say that....oh wait....Rosen..Cal....yeh

I just looked him up- did you know that dude has been an assistant high school coach under his dad since ‘04.

is that the post nfl equivalent of moving back into the parents basement? 

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

And I’m sure that’s the case for some teams as well. But it will be an issue for others.

I don’t personally care. 

The reason it matters to me is your QB has to be the leader on the field. And I believe the best leaders are the ones people want to follow. 

I guess the specifics of the personality order risk are important.  

Like if he’s just an arrogant prick but uses that to work his tail off and drive others to perform its perfectly fine 

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

My worry is he is next Cutler...

I don't watch but from what I've read Allen reminds me of what we already have.  Tyrod has an effortless deep throw but lacks accuracy - and someone to throw it to without Watkins on the field and healthy.  Let other teams come to the siren's song of the 90yd throw and not us please.

My want from.last draft was a second Sammy type.  Run both deep every play and throw deep very regularly.  No double covering that.  Then add shady running and defenses would not be able to worry the TE and other WRs in the short and med range so throw to them the rest of the time.  Might have worked and sure would have been fun to watch - but that ship has sailed.

I think anyone speculating on the personality issues is doing just that- speculating. The reason those types of red-flags are so damning at the pro level is because you have to get to know that person before judging what's true and what isn't. That applies to Rosen, and Mayfield. I am at a point where if the Bills think Rosen's questions are non-starters, I am okay with that. I prefer Mayfield myself because I like the pep and the chip on his shoulder. That however, is just my opinion. 

Just now, DefenseWins said:

Why not try to get the best or at least one of the best - not just ANY QB...

In his defense, he didn't say how long he'd be happy... The problem is that we won't know who the "best" is until September at the very earliest. I agree with major. I will view the guy selected as the best option for us (even if it may not be my choice) until proven otherwise. I finally feel optimistic that OBD is ready to make the right moves and put us into a position to succeed. Things are different for the first time since I've been a fan and I am enjoying the process. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

My worry is he is next Cutler...

He acts Nothing like Cutler. 

Where does people come up with this stuff?

14 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Didn't I hear/read that teams are asking Jackson to switch to WR?

Yep they are asking him to work out at WR as well. 

I would say No. I am a QB are you asking the other QBs to work out at another position?

I  do like the pre-draft chatter , but who knows, it offers something to chew on till  free agency, the draft. but as Bill Tobin once said about Mel Kiper(to use as an example) , the guy who cuts his grass knows as much, if not more than Mel Kiper.. so i continue to read. but who knows 

Edited by dwight in philly

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

100% agree

These are the 4 to target 

I'll let the war room rank them.

....just an unsubstantiated hunch, but I'm thinking the first three require McBeane to surrender draft capital to move up and doubt his willingness to do so.....Jackson is probably there at 21/22 if his style fits......Rudolph is probably there as well or some have even said early 2nd.....or....does McBeane go OL/DL or DL/OL early on and look later for his QB, perhaps into the mid tier ala Falk, Lauletta or White?........stay tuned..........