Random Bills and what you remember them for

RB Tim Tindale, the Canadian Comet!, for his TD in the playoff game vs Miami, which was Don Shula's last game.

In that game, Thurman knocked down the Fins DC Tom Olivadotti on the sidelines, as the Bills offense was steamrolling the Fins D.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

whomever the Bills special team player who laid the stealth nut shot during Leodis' 150 yard return to the 1 as the half ran out against the saints

That was McGee on the return

(looks like Mark Campbell on the tackle)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

For those who are old enough to remember.  This was the first game I remember.  I was 7 years old and the time where I actually paid attention to football.

Sports_Illustrated_702241_19900115-044-2

1314368213_8349.jpg

I was at that game with about 30k other buffalonians.That stadium was a dump,a bills fan fell down a empty elevator shaft just after the game ended,he died,guess he was pushed by a Brown's fan.

the nutshot is around the 20 second mark.  Name that Bill.  Kudos

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Keith Goganious. A depth/special teams linebacker in the early/mid 90s.

Why do I mention him? Only for his name. One of the great all time football last names, in my opinion.

In fact, Goganious is my PS4 username to this day.

I had a friend who had a class with Goganious at Penn State.  He told me we were getting a great LB.  Not so much

Michael Jasper  for being a BIG BEAST and lean. Went to my only training camp practice and he got into a shoving match with some Olineman , which I thought was good because he had been criticized for not being aggressive enough , but he got cut the next day, Marrone is dumb. 

Felt he should have gone into pro wrestling, don't know where he is now.

Michael+Jasper+Buffalo+Bills+Training+Ca

I remember I met Cyrus Kouandjio a few years back and he was embarrassed to say he was a Bill lol

I walked up to him and we started talking football and I told him I knew he was on the Bills and good luck with the season... he giggled and told me he was a ballerina

i was like the biggest 6-5 330 lb ballerina ever lmao

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Jonathan Linton. Very fast for his size, and that his truck driver Dad won the lottery in two different states.

I was going to post the same thing ... Both winnings were for a million plus.

I'm one of those guys that if they sold 100 tickets and I bought 99 ... I'd lose.

Walter Broughton- a WR and kick returner in the mid-80's. I remember a preseason game where he dropped two long passes that should have been touchdowns. After that, whenever my cousins and I played pickup football, and someone dropped the ball, we immediately taunted them with a "Walter Broughton" chant.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Derrick Holmes and the massive hit he took from Gary Plummer at the 1 yard line.  Fumbled and I believe the 49ers returned it to the house.

Changed the momentum of the game.

I was sitting in the end zone seats when that play happened. :angry:

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Yes, but I didn't see the ball come out.

I saw Jim Kelly make a dive to the ground, and the next thing I see is Lee Woodall running the other way.

On TV, they showed the replay without any commentary just so the audience can hear the sound of the impact.  Yes...it was hell of an impact.

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

FB Jamie Mueller #39/#41

he caught the game winning TD pass from Kelly in the first Bills game I ever went to.

jets - 27

bills - 30.

Yes and he went to Benedictine college just down the road from me.  Tiny school.  Shows you that some scouts dig deep. 

Also Carl Byrum, FB and he crossed the picket line during '87 strike as did Lawrence Taylor for the Giants.  Bills and Giants played a 6-3 OT thriller I believe with strike teams and Taylor when interviewed after the game complimented Byrum as "a guy who can play in the league".  Taylor apparently didn't know Carl was a real Bill.