REPLACEMENT FOR TOLBERT/IMO SHOULD BE MCKINNON

DKBills25

Hey bills fan 

So after watching the pro bowl and seeing McCoy.

I was thinking that he has probably 4 good years left maybe 3 but Tolbert IMO won’t be back 

watching the NFC champ game  McKinnon is a solid back to have behind shady we could have a great two headed monster again that will open things up for the (new QB or TT) and maybe even draft a RB in this years draft (very heavy draft class for RBs) 

I hope our Bills get someone 

fingers crossed for McKinnon 

GO BILLS!!!!!!

1 minute ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fan 

I was thinking that he has probably 4 good years left maybe 3 but Tolbert IMO won’t be back 

watching the NFC champ game  McKinnon is a solid back to have behind shady we could have a great two headed monster again that will open things up for the (new QB or TT) and maybe even draft a RB in this years draft (very heavy draft class for RBs) 

GO BILLS!!!!!!

McKinnon wants to go to a team where he's the feature back.

2 minutes ago, DKBills25 said:

That was the only thing I was thinking 

I would be bummed if that was the reason he wouldn’t want to sign

He talked about that extensively after the NFC Championship.  The Vikings already have Cook and Murray, so he's looking for a team where he can be the main guy. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He talked about that extensively after the NFC Championship.  The Vikings already have Cook and Murray, so he's looking for a team where he can be the main guy. 

Hard to be the main guy. You have to be a special talent. 

How many main guys are in the league at any given time?

10?

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

10?

Just now, LeGOATski said:

10?

No argument, just pointing out what he's looking for in a team.  He might well wind up in another RBBC situation. 

The Bills will be insanely lucky to have Shady for 2 more good seasons 3 is almost impossible. Shady will be 30 in 2018, the meme of running backs expiring at 30 is valid for a reason it tends to be true. I think Shady can have a really good 2018 but it is concerning that he is coming off of the 3rd most attempts he has ever had in a season and he is the dreaded 30. Granted he doesn't have a major injury history but he has been dinged up in the past and is a smaller back with a fairly good amount of miles having been a starter for 9 straight seasons. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a McKinnon signing but I think the Bills are better off drafting a 3rd round back and a late round back to wait in the wings and take over for Shady in a year or two. McKinnon would probably cost 3-4 million per year and I honestly don't think the Bills should spend the cap space. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to have the strongest run game in football.. Aaron Kromer was recently moved to Run Game coordinator. I miss him.
 Old school for me against these nickel packages that get trotted out so often and early.
I had hoped for much my brutality by Mike to grind them down. Dennison did not agree

run to pass and i would like McK on the team. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Would rather draft Sony Michel.

what round, i do not follow  College ball

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills will be insanely lucky to have Shady for 2 more good seasons 3 is almost impossible. Shady will be 30 in 2018, the meme of running backs expiring at 30 is valid for a reason it tends to be true. I think Shady can have a really good 2018 but it is concerning that he is coming off of the 3rd most attempts he has ever had in a season and he is the dreaded 30. Granted he doesn't have a major injury history but he has been dinged up in the past and is a smaller back with a fairly good amount of miles having been a starter for 9 straight seasons. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a McKinnon signing but I think the Bills are better off drafting a 3rd round back and a late round back to wait in the wings and take over for Shady in a year or two. McKinnon would probably cost 3-4 million per year and I honestly don't think the Bills should spend the cap space. 

Shady will atleast get 3 years. Peterson is way more banged up and has a more physical style and he still wants to go

Shady is like Barry in that he doesn't take many big hits. He will tell you himself that he is blessed to have not taken that many big shots and is very healthy

Hes got 3 years 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dion Lewis. He's boys with Shady and if they share the job, Shady's career would be extended. You are taking a guy away from the Pats, plus he's familiar with what Daboll is going to do.

Lewis would be great also !?

32 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

what round, i do not follow  College ball

I was thinking he'd be there in the 3rd, but he seems to be shooting up draft boards.  I doubt he'll be there for the Bills 3rd round pick.

Edited by Chicken Boo

McKinnon will be hard pressed to be a feature back anywhere. He’d be a great fit here. With Shady getting up in age they would be a great 1/2 combo that would both get touches. McKinnon would be a stud in Buffalo. . The two questions are #1 does he realize Buffalo is a good fit for him and #2 does the money work out for both sides?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

10?

10?

Seeing as how there are 32 teams in the league, I'm going to say theres 32 spots to be the "Main Guy"

He wants to be the feature back, which is understandable. Unless the Bills can convince him that he will get similar amount of carries in this offence, or they want to feature him AND Shady as a tandem package in a run heavy offence, he probably isn't coming here

11 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

McKinnon will be hard pressed to be a feature back anywhere. He’d be a great fit here. With Shady getting up in age they would be a great 1/2 combo that would both get touches. McKinnon would be a stud in Buffalo. . The two questions are #1 does he realize Buffalo is a good fit for him and #2 does the money work out for both sides?

The team could also spin in as "hey, shady is getting old and we know you wanna be a feature back so sign with us and we will get you the touches soon enough"

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Seeing as how there are 32 teams in the league, I'm going to say theres 32 spots to be the "Main Guy"

He wants to be the feature back, which is understandable. Unless the Bills can convince him that he will get similar amount of carries in this offence, or they want to feature him AND Shady as a tandem package in a run heavy offence, he probably isn't coming here

I feel like Tolbert/cadet/Murphy all had a good amount of carries

this way shady gets his rest when he can 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We probably have a better shot at TDMike when the Cheats release him.

Mike got two years for 6 million.  He will be a Pat again next year.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:23 AM, FearLess Price said:

Is this an upgrade or an 'ol boys network' hire...

3 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

If McCoy has 3 good years left he will leave the game with one of the most impressive careers in the history of football. Maybe he can do that, but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Even for an elite back, there is only so much tread on the tires. 

Tolbert on the other hand has a good 10-12 years of competitive eating left in him.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The team could also spin in as "hey, shady is getting old and we know you wanna be a feature back so sign with us and we will get you the touches soon enough"

He will get plenty next year. I like Cadet too. But McKinnon is another level 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Shady will atleast get 3 years. Peterson is way more banged up and has a more physical style and he still wants to go

Shady is like Barry in that he doesn't take many big hits. He will tell you himself that he is blessed to have not taken that many big shots and is very healthy

Hes got 3 years 

Peterson hasn't had a good season since he was 30. He might still want to go but he hasn't been productive since 2015 when he was 30 years old. Going into 2015 the season in which he was 30 Peterson had 2054 carries, McCoy going into this season has 2185 career carries, over 100 more than Peterson did at the same age. 

Now you can say Shady doesn't take as many hits (due to his running style) as Peterson or other backs who declined at 30 or 31 but in 2185 career NFL carries you clearly are going to take your hits and suffer injuries. I think Shady gives you 1 more dominant year but after that he declines into a back better off splitting carries to extend his career. Draft some young backs behind Shady in the 3rd and 5th rounds. It solves your short-term depth needs and it gives you a shot at devloping two young players for a season to see if one can maybe take a co-lead back role in 2019. 

I think 2 dominant years out of Shady is the best case scenario here. 1 dominant year and another good season is the most likely scenario. You don't need to spend a pick above the 3rd round at RB but one needs to be drafted at some point. 

Edited by billsfan89

44 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Peterson hasn't had a good season since he was 30. He might still want to go but he hasn't been productive since 2015 when he was 30 years old. Going into 2015 the season in which he was 30 Peterson had 2054 carries, McCoy going into this season has 2185 career carries, over 100 more than Peterson did at the same age. 

Now you can say Shady doesn't take as many hits (due to his running style) as Peterson or other backs who declined at 30 or 31 but in 2185 career NFL carries you clearly are going to take your hits and suffer injuries. I think Shady gives you 1 more dominant year but after that he declines into a back better off splitting carries to extend his career. Draft some young backs behind Shady in the 3rd and 5th rounds. It solves your short-term depth needs and it gives you a shot at devloping two young players for a season to see if one can maybe take a co-lead back role in 2019. 

I think 2 dominant years out of Shady is the best case scenario here. 1 dominant year and another good season is the most likely scenario. You don't need to spend a pick above the 3rd round at RB but one needs to be drafted at some point. 

If shady says he has 3 good years left I believe him.

he may not be Barry Sanders but he's the closest thing since. And Barry retired with a lot left 

I bet he's better next year than This past year, with a different O coordinator, and a better back to spell him

He has atleast 2, 1000 yard seasons left and then maybe a year as a backup 

i don't disagree that we need a back in the mid/late rounds 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McKinnon wants to go to a team where he's the feature back.

He’ll never be a feature back. But on Minnesota, he’ll be in a platoon for the third option.

He can easily be a 2nd option on many other teams. Buffalo included.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

He'll have to accept a backup job as can't see many teams making him a feature RB.

I see him as a complementary RB as well, but nothing wrong with him exploring his options in UFA to see if any team will accommodate him. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I see him as a complementary RB as well, but nothing wrong with him exploring his options in UFA to see if any team will accommodate him. 

I agree he should explore his options but sometimes these guys need to have more realistic expectations of their worth.  Whether it be a pride or agent thing (see money) I just can't see why McKinnon thinks he's shown in his career thus far he can be a feature RB. 

17 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fan 

GO BILLS!!!!!!

I disagree.....Rashaad Penny would be the perfect complement to McCoy and be able to take over the #1 role within a couple seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

I think their number two back is already on the roster, just on IR. Travaris Cadet. They went after him in free agency last year but he re-signed with the Saints and then signed here after the Saints released him like 8 or 10 weeks into the season. 

And, although it was very limited action, I can't say I didn't like what Marcus Murphy did, he may have an outside shot to be the third guy. 

But also, this draft class is stacked for running backs. Barkley is the top guy but the distance between him and the next tier of back isn't very big. There will be some solid backs available in rounds 2-4 if they wanna go that route.

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

10?

10?

Cook, Gurley, Shady, Bell, Howard, fournette, gore, Miller, lynch, Johnson, Hyde, Freeman, Stewart, Zeke.

Probably a few more like Mixon/Murray/Anderson who got over 20 carries at points this season. 

Most those guys are 20+ carry guys or have been in the past few seasons. A strong group of running backs in the draft, he is going to have to win a job wherever he goes.