Predict which team will sign Kirk Cousins (Poll)

YoloinOhio

Who will sign Cousins?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Cousins will sign with...

the Bills are going to be right in the thick of this I think...

sign Cousins then actually use all your picks on players to build out the team.

I might be nuts but if I were an athlete I would want 2 cracks at Brady and the Patriots every year. Gotta beat the man to beat the man, and having the 2nd place team in the NFL in your division is nice motivation. After all, the WORLD CHAMPS were just in his division!

I don't think that having the runners up on the schedule is going to scare him

Edited by TheFunPolice

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Denver makes the most sense imo, the former QB, John Elway will take care of him, pretty sure they'll select a G or OT at pick 5, they already have 2 very reliable WR in Demarrius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders they just need someone to throw them the ball. The defense was still really good last year.. 3rd in the league in total yards allowed, 4th in passing yards allowed and 5th in rush yards allowed so they have decent pieces in place now they need the QB before the window closes with guys like Talib/Miller etc. 

Denver is older and a real dumpster roster that has to cut or trade some stars like Sanders, Talib  to even afford Cousins...and Elway has missed on too many draft picks over the last 3 years. Not just trading up for Lynch. Hence no WR CB RB OL depth. I also think Vance Joseph is a lame duck coach going back to his near oust at end of last season. I don’t think Cousins is interested in more instability. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I chose Denver but it was a toss up for me between the Broncos, Cardinals and the Vikings. IMHO, the Broncos win out because Elway is the GM and QB is everything to him for obvious reasons. They also know how to win while the Cardinals and Vikings are well...the Cardinals and Vikings! At this point in Cousin's career, I'm certain he will go to the team that he thinks gives him the best chance to get to a Super Bowl in the next year or two. He's no different than any other player and I don't think the money plays as important of a role as it would for most other players. He's already made a ton of money and he doesn't come off as being a flashy type of spender. He may never get there with whoever he signs with but that definitely will be in his thoughts.

The idea of a shorter term deal gets me thinking Arizona. Go to the Cards and try to win a Super Bowl with Larry Fitzgerald over the next couple of years. They are going to have to cut some players to make it happen though. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

I cannot recall a year when so many at least "quality" QBs were available.

In Free Agency we have Cousins, Keenum, and Bridgewater out there (I discount some of the others as being candidates I want though there are others who have started recently).

Then in the Draft there are like 4-5 potential 1st rounders.

Free Agency is going to dictate this market.  Who signs Cousins - what happens with Keenum & Bridgewater and some of the other QBs available.  That will really impact the draft I suspect.  Looking at that Bortles deal, I have a feeling the Jags are going to draft a QB and have Bortles as the bridge QB.

Long time lurker first time poster...Hello!

Buffalo looks like a really good situation for a guy like Cousins. Management and coaching staff in sync with a seemingly high level of stability going forward should help in the recruitment. A decent o-line if healthy(with a very possible upgrade via draft), McCoy steady in the backfield, KB and Zay Jones could be a good group with a better QB(might need another guy with speed). 

With 2 1sts and 2 2nds we'd be able to upgrade a few of the spots in the roster that are in dire need of upgrading (DT, LB) and upgrade on a few of the spots that could use an upgrade (O-line, WR, RB to takeover for McCoy). 

From my understanding we'd need to get pretty creative in the 1st year of a Cousins deal but going forward the cap is looking pretty good. 

GO BILLS

3 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Long time lurker first time poster...Hello!

Buffalo looks like a really good situation for a guy like Cousins. Management and coaching staff in sync with a seemingly high level of stability going forward should help in the recruitment. A decent o-line if healthy(with a very possible upgrade via draft), McCoy steady in the backfield, KB and Zay Jones could be a good group with a better QB(might need another guy with speed). 

With 2 1sts and 2 2nds we'd be able to upgrade a few of the spots in the roster that are in dire need of upgrading (DT, LB) and upgrade on a few of the spots that could use an upgrade (O-line, WR, RB to takeover for McCoy). 

From my understanding we'd need to get pretty creative in the 1st year of a Cousins deal but going forward the cap is looking pretty good. 

GO BILLS

Welcome :beer: